Deleting shadow topics

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
theveilcerpin

Deleting shadow topics

Post by theveilcerpin »

Lets say a topic is moved and a 'shadow' topic is left in the original forum. If the shadow topic wasn't actually meant to be left, would deleting the shadow topic delete the topic in its new location?

Reasonably difficult to understand, but I hope you've got the idea of what I'm saying, lol.

custmguru®

Post by custmguru® »

it only delets the moved: thing. not the whole thread

arod-1

Post by arod-1 »

and as a side, the whole "shadow" thingy is broken anyway since around 2.0.11 or so.
unfortunately, the nice people that handle phpBB development, don't think field bug-reports are important enough, so there is no "report bugs" page or place.
(the problem with shadow topics: as soon as someone use the "view next topic" or "view previous topic" to navigate to the presumed shadow topic, the shadow disappers. the moved topic remain in the new location, but the shadow is very volatile.)

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Guys there is nothing wrong with it since I have been deleting them since version 2.0.13.

Just go into the mod control panel at the bottom, and check the shadow topic to be removed.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

FuNEnD3R

Post by FuNEnD3R »

This will do the trick for you, allows you to view and remove shadow topics:

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/418

Still works with 2.0.15

arod-1

Post by arod-1 »

starfoxtj wrote: Guys there is nothing wrong with it since I have been deleting them since version 2.0.13.

Just go into the mod control panel at the bottom, and check the shadow topic to be removed.

i think you misunderstood.
i didnt say there is any problems removing shadow topics. ttbomk, there isnt.
i said there is a problem with shadow topics "spontanously combust", i.e., they evaporate after a time even if you would really want for them to remain in place.
(it seems that what does it for the shadow topic is someone navigate to a shadow topic through the "next topic/previous topic" links)

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”