Turning a weblog into a phpBB driven one?

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
Benqo

Turning a weblog into a phpBB driven one?

Post by Benqo »

Hi,

currently I'm reconstructing my site (everything: new domain, new software, new layout). During my investigations on the net I figured out, what I need. And so I asked myself if phpBB can do following things:

- Weblog system
- Gallery component
- Community forum

Features weblog system:
- scheduled post
- attachments (mostly images) stored in the gallery component, but attachments not shown there before the article is released

Gallery component:
- registration required to view any content there
- only staff members can add content here

Community sysetm:
- Registration required
- Attachments disabled for normal members, enabled for staff (but remote image linking permitted)

The reason for disabling the upload of attachments for normal users is that I cannot control otherwise the content. If it would be remotly linked, well, then it is not my problem, since on external content I cannot be made responsible for.

Is it possbible to turn phpBB2 into such a system? I've seen a couple of CMS-like systems, also Weblog MODs, but I don't know if they're good. Additionally, no examples are shown, and the time to test everything is rare for me. I thought with the help of the big phpBB2 community I might get a fast help.

I already tried other portal systems and similar things, but either the administration is too complicated and overloaded, or developing a unique template is a magic thing. phpBB2 seems to be more "handy", I think. :)

Any help/answer appreciated. I'm really sorry, if this post might not fit the topic of this forum.

Regards, Benqo

fumbalah

Post by fumbalah »

I'll will drop you a link to the MOD I know is being worked on as soon as I can find my link to it.

fumbalah

Post by fumbalah »

Take a look at The Blog Mod for phpBB. Do note that it is still in BETA though.

Edit:http://www.christianblog.com as well, it's possible to do, but takes about 50 hours of work to get customized.

Benqo

Post by Benqo »

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Well, the blog mod is quite close to what I was thinking of, but is it possible to turn multiple blogging off?
I read that every member might be able to drive a blog over your phpBB. It should be just one blog, but the forum capaility of phpBB which I wanted to use.

Also, adding images should be able only for Mods/Admins, not for everyone.

Regards, Benqo

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”