Posting process (function submit_post)

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
Hater

Posting process (function submit_post)

Post by Hater »

Is it fair to ask why this function is so large, and why the contents of the post form were not just placed in a nice little expandable array? I am thinking of cleaning this code up a bit and customizing the posting.php file quite extensively, and am curious if there are any security reprecussions from cleaning this rather than having each criteria specifically noted.
geocator

Post by geocator »

Do you mean the passing of the information or the processing of it?
Hater

Post by Hater »

I imagine processing it is a simple matter of chugging through an array, like any other array, and making sure each criteria matches its respective counterpart.

Does passing an array from a form to the platform propose any security risks or side effects that passing each parameter does not?

For example

Code: Select all

$post_data = array(
    'post_subject' => $post_data['post_subject'],
    'post_message' => $post_data['post_message'],
    'post_disable_bbcode' => $post_data['post_disable_bbcode'],
    etc, etc.....
);
Then change the submit_post function from having each of those criteria seperated into one large array of data to be sorted out by the function later.
geocator

Post by geocator »

I am not a security expert by any means, but I see no problem with chnging the way stuff if passed to functions.
Hater

Post by Hater »

geocator wrote: I am not a security expert by any means, but I see no problem with chnging the way stuff if passed to functions.

Neither do I, but I was just curious. :)

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”