Security Mesures?

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
Keva

Security Mesures?

Post by Keva » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:00 pm

Hi,

Ive got a forum at the moment that is on phpbb and its not been hacked yet ;) im thinking of starting a fresh tho with alot of new mods to my board and of coarse want to keep my forum secure and i know the only way to do that is keep the version upto date but with alot of mods installed doesnt updating the board cause some errors? Als are their any security precautions i should take i dont want to make any school boy errors and leave a open window for hackers as that would be disasterous!

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:22 am

Be sure to enable Visual Confirmation for registration. It stops robots from registering on your website, flooding it with new users.

It's under General Configuration in the Administration Control Panel.

Toxic_Zero

Post by Toxic_Zero » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:24 am

also user email validation is good, it makes it so a new user must recieve an email in order for them to activate and use their account, this is good for those who sign up just to advertise, it'd make sure that their email address is real. ;)
Come visit my forums!
ToxicZero Boards

stu15

Post by stu15 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:53 am

Keep a Good backup of your database & files so if you do get hacked you can restore very quickly.
A Registered User > I maybe wrong...So please correct him :) || My Forum - Stu's phpBB Helpdesk

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”