what MODS are you currently running?

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
ndonezn

what MODS are you currently running?

Post by ndonezn » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:16 am

i just started adding some toppings to my vanilla board...i uploaded the [24 hour one], the [RSS], and the [b-day] one...tonight im going to do the shout box one, and either the image shack or attach. mod... im also running the cashMOD--but thats kind of cheesy

im curious to what everyone else is running...and what are some must have.s for a smaller board???

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:58 am

when i started i was inexperienced and i never kept a list..now i know better, but on our original board at ktuk i have installed too many mods to remember and far too many to list. I must have done something right as the board still runs and is not that slow. I think the bookmakers, attachment, cash and album mods are a must though....too me they complete the board.

Anon
Former Team Member

Post by Anon » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:10 am

I don't have too many on my forums. I've got CyberAlien's eXtreme Styles and Guest Sessions MODs, and some form of MOD to use .html extensions for phpBB. I don't have a great need for anything else though

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:19 am

Currently nothing as I dismantled my website, but when it was running, my forum used Ptirhiik's Categories Hierarchy mod, Acyd Burns Attach mod, Nuttzy's Flag mod, Eric's Admin Userlist mod, and Cyberalien's eXtreme Styles mod.

I know you asked what mods are good for a small board, but for when it get's larger, the Admin Userlist mod is absolutley great, much easier to manage users in the ACP.

ndonezn

Post by ndonezn » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:14 am

hey thanks for the wise words...

im having a lot of fun experimenting :lol:

alcaeus
I've Been Banned!

Post by alcaeus » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:28 am

Deleted...Bye bye
Last edited by alcaeus on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dojo.ro

Post by dojo.ro » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Well, I have 4 phpBB sites and they are all modded differently. My main one, the webmaster community is packed with many hacks since webmasters are knowledgeable people in scripts and they like many features: category hierarchy, profile control panel, topic description, smilie in front of the topic in view forum (don't know the name of it), photo album, cracker tracker, archive, calendar, cash mod and many others .. I lost track of them a while ago.

On the others I have profile control panel (in one), country hack, gender hack, topic description (really nice one) ...
Webmaster Tips & Tricks - forums, articles, tutorials, free exclusive graphics and forum themes
My blog

niksa

Post by niksa » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:55 pm

I have a couple forums & they are all a little different depending on the users, but aside from test boards, all my boards are modded.

I almost always install eXtreme Styles by CyberAlien & Accurate BBCode Insertion by Lord Z first because they're pretty helpful for any size forum. I also install the Hack List by Angel because it keeps track of my MODs in a very nice, flexible, organized manner. Then I upgrade any themes to the current 2.0.19 changes (to include visual confirmation if the themes are old, etc.)

I end up applying a ton of mods, but those are the ones I think are a good solid foundation for any size forum. Definitely Magnotta's suggestion of Admin Userlist is a must-have if you have a forum with many users.

ndonezn

Post by ndonezn » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:35 am

real cool...i am checking out all the mods that have been listed...

i guess there is no limit with a phpbb board...

alcaeus
I've Been Banned!

Post by alcaeus » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:36 am

Deleted...Bye bye
Last edited by alcaeus on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.

karlosthestick

Post by karlosthestick » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:18 pm

I'm running a basic quick reply mod, and a mod that forces avatar size to 100px wide.

One thing i've always wanted to find is the image mod that autosizes large images on the page, and launches the fullsize image in a new window... Anyone know what that mod is called?

drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:05 pm

I like little MODs rather than big ones. Things that help the user experience. Things like having a mini-reply button by each post. Things like having a little javascript that puts the cursor into the first input field on a form. Thinks like making the forum icons clickable, so you aren't force to click right on the forum name. Most of these are less than two dozen lines of code, but they can really make more of a difference in how users use your forum than some of the really "big" MODs.
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

ndonezn

Post by ndonezn » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:35 am

yeah...i got a little overly excited...and started installing mods i had no use for...now ive uninstalled the major ones that i was using (cash and easy)...
cash is real cool but i havent any use for it...the members were like uhhh? points? ahahah...

i also uninstalled e.mod because i enjoy doing it by hand now...and it helps me to keep track of [mistakes] or edited files...

im def. keeping a couple of smaller ones...and am contemplating installing attach. mod...
8)

ndonezn

Post by ndonezn » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:35 pm

soo one month later...and i do all my MODS by hand...

i don't use easy mod no longer because it's more exciting to do it yourself :lol:

recently i installed attachment mod, multiple bbcode, bbcode organizer, shoutbox, and youtube [after uninstalling video bbcode]...

ndonezn

Post by ndonezn » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:36 pm

anybody write their own mods?

*had to come up with something to cure this double post :lol:

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”