Trademarks and Service Marks

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
ejva

Trademarks and Service Marks

Post by ejva »

I am updating my Website Terms of Use.
Are the phpBB images/logo subject to any registered TM regulations, or do you just reuqire that the copyright licence agreement is adhered to (ie Powered by phpBB)?

TC
Former Team Member

Re: Trademarks and Service Marks

Post by TC »

ejva wrote: I am updating my Website Terms of Use.
Are the phpBB images/logo subject to any registered TM regulations, or do you just reuqire that the copyright licence agreement is adhered to (ie Powered by phpBB)?

the part in bold and © 2001 phpBB Group
.:: 28:Ø6:42:12 ::.

ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

IMO
This pict is protected (http://www.phpbb.com/images/mainlogo.gif)

But the logo picture is not tm. In any case you must leave the copyright term at your board
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)

~/.Hello

Post by ~/.Hello »

i thought I heard you can take it off but you would get no support from phpBB? Anyway who would want to......after all the work the phpBB group did :)

Mr. Nissen

Post by Mr. Nissen »

~/.Hello wrote: i thought I heard you can take it off but you would get no support from phpBB? Anyway who would want to......after all the work the phpBB group did :)

This is true. And I agree, who would want to take it off. And yet there's those who do. Don't even get me started on that one though :twisted:
Very Bored

ejva

Post by ejva »

In one of my earlier requests I advised that I am NOT removing or amending the Powered by phpBB, as it appears.

I am aware that you may shorten the code (as stated in the GNU), to Powered by phpBB providing the phpBB is hyperlinked to http://www.phpbb.com
If you remove the hyperlinkand/or references to phpBB then support is effectively removed.

My question is on a completely different subject...
I need to know if :
The images, and if so which ones, are permitted to be included in my website.
As an example, Microsoft only permit the use of two images on websites. All other use of any images is considered copyright theft.

Are such images/logos subject to any trademark regulations.
Since the website has a merchandise section it is a trading company (ie commercial).

MoonBuggy
Former Team Member

Post by MoonBuggy »

Everything you download with phpBB is GPL. Most of this site that isn't the board itself is copyrighted and can't be used. The subsilver SDK has it's own semi-free to use liscence.
Above post comprised entirely of opinions © MoonBuggy. Cash value £0.02. Not redeemable in all stores. Check our website for full terms and conditions. Opinions come with no warranty either expressed or implied. ;)

Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

What exactly do you want to do? You are allowed to use any logos you want to on your site. If you want to change the logo at the top of your board, you are certainly allowed to.
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN

ejva

Post by ejva »

My two threads seem to be covering the same topic now...

Here is the LAYOUT I am trying to create, with the appropriate logos.

I originally placed the phpBB logo, but then removed it, deciding this layout was better.
I amending my Website Terms of Use. As you will see there is a section covering Trademarks and Service Marks, and as such I prefer to list all of these to confirm the source.

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”