Why did you choose phpBB forums?

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
White Saiyan

Why did you choose phpBB forums?

Post by White Saiyan »

I wanted to ask why did you all started using phpBB not for example XMB but phpBB. Say why, reasons, maybe features which other boards doesn`t have...

Mr. Nissen

Post by Mr. Nissen »

I was looking for a quick script to let people post messages or feedback on my site and our Systems Admin told me to check out phpBB. I wasn't looking for a forum and when I got it installed I wasn't really sure how I liked it. But I starting tinkering with it and realized how cool it might be to have a full blown forum on my site. So a few tweaks hear and there and what do you know. Had myself a forum. I love it and I'm addicted to it as well. I've joined a few other forums since that don't use phpBB and I'm just not impressed with them.

What I really like about these forums is the ability to have complete control over the forum as an admin and allow moderators to have some control over what's going on as well. The code is written very well. And I love the few options regular users are given. Edit posts, quote posts and what not. Oh and it's great to be able to allow members to view certain areas of my board but not reply or start new threads. Work perfectly when you want to make announcements. It's just a solid board and I recommend it to anybody who wants some sort of forum or message board. And the installation is soooo simple it rediculous 8)
Very Bored

JuniorZ

Post by JuniorZ »

Well, i chosed phpBB because it have a powerfull system.

Only the phpBB give you the freedom that you need, reedom to develop MODs and Add-ons, and freedom to use..

FREEDOM

That's All :wink:
SuportephpBB.org
Sorry by the Horrible English. ;)

White Saiyan

About the thingy...

Post by White Saiyan »

:) i see that you all love phpBB but why not to choose bulletin board or for example xmb or yabb se. These forums fans say that those forums they like.Otherwise the best like you like phpBB :D

For example why not to choose other forums :))

primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain »

i see that you all love phpBB.... These forums fans say that those forums they like.

yes, exactly...
psoTFX wrote: Well I'm afraid this topic will be locked ... this isn't the place to ask such questions, you won't receive an unbiased answer and these topics have proved excellent spam bait for users from other boards.

You may ask your question in "neutral" forums, e.g. @ http://www.webhostingtalk.com (General Chat)

I would recommend to download and install it and to try it out yourself. 8)

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”