Bug Tracker Availability

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
JWPlatt

Bug Tracker Availability

Post by JWPlatt »

Is the phpBB Bug Tracker available for integration into our own forums? If not, are there any plans to make it available?

If none of the above, is there a generally recommended one? I got the sense that phpBB built their own so they didn't have to use BugZilla, so I'm assuming BugZilla is popular, but difficult to use.
smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

Sorry, but no & no,

The phpBB Bug Tracker software is not available and there are no plans at present to make it so.
Systems Engineering
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

As per smithy_dll the code's not available. The current code would probably not work too well elsewhere either as it has certain depedencies on the setup of this site.

As for why we wrote our own, we needed something which could simply integrate with the rest of the site so that common usernames and so on were used.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Thanks much for the replies.

Maybe you could put "phpBBbt" on your to-do list with the release of phpBB 4.0. ;)
pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

While the code won't be released as per Graham, the basic ideas (same usernames, BBCode support, etc.) are not that hard to do for an experienced MOD author so someone could create a bug tracker as a MOD. And I really doubt a bug tracker would ever be included by default with phpBB. ;)
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

I did some work on making Mantis (bugtracker) & phpBB play nice and share sessions/DBAL/templating. It is very early code ...but it does work to a large extent. There is a topic in the MOD development forum. I have not done much on it in recent times..but I will continue to chip away at the task.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=356387

It might be of help if you are fairly good at php/mysql

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”