CMS question

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
bisonspo

CMS question

Post by bisonspo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:14 pm

I hope this is acceptable in this forum not sure where else to post it. I was looking at several CMS platforms or programs but was told by my host that I would lost my database or that it would not transfer over. I like the phpbb software and want to use a CMS program that will allow for management off the forum as well as retain my database. Any suggestions?
Thanks

TheColbyJack

Re: CMS question

Post by TheColbyJack » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:58 pm

bisonspo wrote: I hope this is acceptable in this forum not sure where else to post it. I was looking at several CMS platforms or programs but was told by my host that I would lost my database or that it would not transfer over. I like the phpbb software and want to use a CMS program that will allow for management off the forum as well as retain my database. Any suggestions?
Thanks

I've built an entire website around the phpBB database. It was actually quite easy. I used Smartor's EZPortal for frontpage news, and several other extensions (arcade, linkdump, sudoku, etc). It took awhile to tweak to my specifications, but I like what I've come to now.

bisonspo

Post by bisonspo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:16 pm

I just don't want to have to reinvent the wheel. Looking for comments by those who have used either phpnuke or joomla and been able to keep there data intact. I have to think this has been done? I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction (I'm just another newbie learning all this).

Double_J
Former Team Member

Post by Double_J » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:43 pm

Best thing to do is see the software's site(like joomla or whatever) and see if converters exist.
From what I know there should be a phpBB plugin for joomla, so maybe there is convertor too.

Moved to discussion.

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”