general phpbb questions

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
steve8675537

general phpbb questions

Post by steve8675537 »

I'm a little confused on what to expect from phpbb.com support, you guys provide free help, free software, how come? is it because everyone that uses phpbb forums brings traffic this way? Is the support team paid?

is there a place where i can view forum after forum so i can see what people have done with mods and stuff like that? I'd really like to see everyones work plus get some ideas. My usual process for finding a mod is to search this forum and see what comes up, sometimes i'm looking over posts/mods which noone has viewed for months sometimes years.

anyhow i'm grateful for the support.

steve
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: general phpbb questions

Post by Phil »

steve8675537 wrote:I'm a little confused on what to expect from phpbb.com support, you guys provide free help, free software, how come? is it because everyone that uses phpbb forums brings traffic this way? Is the support team paid?
We provide it for free because we're good people :D Most of the people providing support here are volunteers, and the official team members make very little money from it, if at all (I remember reading a comment from psoTFX awhile back stating that team members make about enough to buy a new CD or video game every few months, not sure if this is still the case).
is there a place where i can view forum after forum so i can see what people have done with mods and stuff like that? I'd really like to see everyones work plus get some ideas. My usual process for finding a mod is to search this forum and see what comes up, sometimes i'm looking over posts/mods which noone has viewed for months sometimes years.
Google can help you with that.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
steve8675537

Post by steve8675537 »

well thats pretty cool. cheers
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

There isn't a phpBB directory, at least not one on this site, because of the amount of spam it attracted. Many folks here include links in their signatures that you can check out, or the google idea works too. :-)
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”