phpBB 2.0.4

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal » Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:09 pm

You mean MOD, don't you? Yes you do. :P That depends on how you choose to update.
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN

dk2000

Post by dk2000 » Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:18 pm

Rome wrote: This is a dumb question, I know...but will I lose all my hacks if I update? I'm new to phpBB...and kinda lost when it comes to updating. :oops:

No question is a dumb question. If you don't ask how will you learn ? :D Anyway, yes you will have to reinstall/redo most of your mods if the files that they are in are changed in the upgrade. There should be a list of files that are changed and if your mods are in those files you will have to reinstall your upgrades.
From the last upgrade install instructions wrote: if you have installed any Mods these files will overwrite the originals possibly destroying them in the process. You will need to re-add Mods to any affected file before uploading

What I normally do is a full fresh install each time and then redo all the mods over again. One of the reasons why I am anxiously waiting for this release. There are a few mods I want to implement and I'd rather wait for 2.0.4 to implement them rather than do it on 2.0.3 and the a week later have to redo them on 2.0.4. I find this easier than doing an upgrade and then insatlling the mods that were overwritten.

It is a good idea to be on the most upto date version (2.0.xx) as theoretically the last .xx version should have the least number of security holes.

PS: Anyone, how to get rid of the wrote in the quote bb area :?:

Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal » Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:42 pm

dk2000 wrote: PS: Anyone, how to get rid of the wrote in the quote bb area :?:
Check out bbcode.tpl. :P
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN

FX

Post by FX » Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:30 pm

hey, we are the 27 and always not of version 2.0.4 :cry:

Acyd Burn
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Meik Sievertsen

Post by Acyd Burn » Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:33 pm

this is what you get if you expect a release date, i do not count on them at all. :)

Therefore, it's released when it is released. :D

webmaster-forum

Post by webmaster-forum » Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:49 pm

webmaster-forum wrote: I was just back there. area51. I found a link in the forum to a crappy vbulletin board, undoubtably owned by greedy capitalist types. The thread was a list of suggestions. One was:
View count is unique - if a user views a thread 100 times he is only counted 1 time

You folks aren't going to do that are you? This thread has been viewed 2912 times. I've probably viewed it 20 or 30 times, and other users have done the same. That's a really lame idea if you ask me.

Can I get an answer (please)? I really don't think this is a good idea.

psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX » Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:52 pm

erm, no offence John but please don't "expect" us to answer every question you have on 2.2 ... just keep an eye on it and you'll see what it will and will not do. The answer though in this case is no.

webmaster-forum

Post by webmaster-forum » Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:58 pm

psoTFX wrote: erm, no offence John but please don't "expect" us to answer every question you have on 2.2 ... just keep an eye on it and you'll see what it will and will not do. The answer though in this case is no.

No offense taken, psoTFX. Thank you for the reply. And great job! 8)

ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:17 pm

Yeah nice job, keep it up, and no precipitation, long time and good have more value than quick time and bad.
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)

JohnDean

Post by JohnDean » Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:57 pm

I hope that you had a nice Christmas. I look forward to the next version. I like that when released you have a stable, secure program going. Take care...
What, like I should believe you?

DocSnyder

Post by DocSnyder » Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:20 am

Is there a new estimated release date for 2.0.4?

FX

Post by FX » Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:26 am

next year probably

dk2000

Post by dk2000 » Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:33 am

Well following this thread by now you should have realised that 2.0.4 is almost a 100% complete. There probably are a couple of things that need to get cleaned up/finished up and that could take as much as they want. Isn't that always the case, the last couple of things take forever.

Anyway, I would assume that we can except the final release of 2.0.4 out in the next few days. I'm hoping for before New Year's so that I still have some time to implement it before I get back to my day job in the 2003. :D
SHS' wrote: <Hunch>

Bug fixes can sometimes introduce bugs for less standard/not so up to date system configs.

</Hunch>

and
psoTFX wrote: Sorry everyone, I've just not had time enough to package the different versions ... and rather than rush to create them (and potentially screw it up ) I think it best they wait till after Christmas (which may well mean the 27th). If I get time I'll try to release what I can before then but no promises.
CVS (the phpBB-2_0_0 branch) is pretty much what those packages will consist of so you "should" be okay using that if you really want it now ... but I cannot guarantee that things won't change in the next two or three days.

is what I am going by. Maybe something new came up as well since then but I have no way of knowing. :)

atomic7431

?

Post by atomic7431 » Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:20 pm

is the new version 2.04 really gonna be that difficult to update too from 2.03? i really hoping not as ive installed some 60 hacks to me new board :(

SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Re: ?

Post by SHS` » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:12 pm

atomic7431 wrote: is the new version 2.04 really gonna be that difficult to update too from 2.03? i really hoping not as ive installed some 60 hacks to me new board :(

Have you even read this thread? The very same question has been answered at least 3 times in the last 7 pages.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”