phpBB 2.0.4

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
FX

Post by FX » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:34 pm

Hey i have download a cvs version and see the change in template.php
{
$filename = $this->root . '/' . $filename;
}

replace by
{
$filename = phpbb_realpath($this->root . '/' . $filename);
}

But i'm using template file cache version i have modified this for phpbb 2.0.4. But it's ok if i take the change :!:

Do you have a template_file_cache.php for phpbb 2.0.4 if it's not good.

atomic7431

Re: ?

Post by atomic7431 » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:42 pm

Have you even read this thread? The very same question has been answered at least 3 times in the last 7 pages.

yip, it was more of a lots of work to do statement than a question, and in answer to urs yes i have read all 7 pages!
just hope its not too long before 2.04 is out as it keeps being put back, but i know there doing a great job so im waiting with baited breath like the rest 8)

dk2000

Post by dk2000 » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:21 pm

Following the CVS for the 2.0.x Snapshots I see that the last change was made in the functions.php yesterday. Before then the last change was made on the 22nd. And the only changes in this file that I could find was in the following

Code: Select all

//
// This function is for compatibility with PHP 4.x's realpath()
// function.  In later versions of PHP, it needs to be called
// to do checks with some functions.  Older versions of PHP don't
// seem to need this, so we'll just return the original value.
// dougk_ff7 <October 5, 2002>
function phpbb_realpath($path)
{
	return (!@function_exists('realpath') || !@realpath($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions.'.$phpEx)) ? $path : realpath($path);
}

function redirect($url)
{
	global $board_config;

$server_protocol = ($board_config['cookie_secure']) ? 'https://' : 'http://';
	$server_name = preg_replace('/^\/?(.*?)\/?$/', '\1', trim($board_config['server_name']));
	$server_port = ($board_config['server_port'] <> 80) ? ':' . trim($board_config['server_port']) . '/' : '/';
	$script_name = preg_replace('/^\/?(.*?)\/?$/', '/\1', trim($board_config['script_path']));
	$url = preg_replace('/^\/?(.*?\/)?$/', '\1', trim($url));

// Redirect via an HTML form for PITA webservers
	if (@preg_match('/Microsoft|WebSTAR|Xitami/', getenv('SERVER_SOFTWARE')))
	{
		header('Refresh: 0; URL=' . $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name . $url);
		echo '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=' . $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name . $url . '"><title>Redirect</title></head><body><div align="center">If your browser does not support meta redirection please click <a href="' . $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name . $url . '">HERE</a> to be redirected</div></body></html>';
		exit;
	}

// Behave as per HTTP/1.1 spec for others
	header('Location: ' . $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name . $url);
	exit;
}

?>
So is that where the holdup for the new release lies. :) Hey, I'm sorry but I am getting a little impatient. You really shouldn't have given us an approx release date :razz:. Maybe for next time .

Also sorry if I am sounding like that little kid in the commercial who keeps saying "Is it here yet?" but I am going to put a forumboard online on Jan 1st and I wanted to know if I should go ahead with 2.0.3 with all the mods and then upgrade to 2.0.4 and remod it when it comes out. :) I really don't want to do this twice if I can avoid it. :wink:

DocSnyder

Post by DocSnyder » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:58 pm

dk2000 wrote: So is that where the holdup for the new release lies. :) Hey, I'm sorry but I am getting a little impatient. You really shouldn't have given us an approx release date :razz:. Maybe for next time .

Also sorry if I am sounding like that little kid in the commercial who keeps saying "Is it here yet?" but I am going to put a forumboard online on Jan 1st and I wanted to know if I should go ahead with 2.0.3 with all the mods and then upgrade to 2.0.4 and remod it when it comes out. :) I really don't want to do this twice if I can avoid it. :wink:

Full ACK.

Please don't make us the mouth watery and then one release date after another passes by. :|

alinford

You should ask for your $ back

Post by alinford » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:05 pm

What is wrong with you people? If you want to complain about release dates, go pay for vbulliten. When you pay for a product, you are entitled to complain. If you don't pay, then shut up and wait. Why don't you go create some new mods while you wait? Oh, you don't know PHP? Then you REALLY NEED TO SHUT UP!!! :evil:

BesigedB

Post by BesigedB » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:15 pm

atomic7431 wrote: is the new version 2.04 really gonna be that difficult to update too from 2.03? i really hoping not as ive installed some 60 hacks to me new board :(

I think the term is 'tough luck' :?
Administrator of the no effort online forums

SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:20 pm

BesigedB wrote: I think the term is 'tough luck' :?

No.

The term is that we provide you with 3 paths to upgrade, to make things as easy and painless as possible.

If you are going to take time an effort to add X number of MODs to your site, then quite bitching and complaining about the fact things may change to fix bugs and improve security.

It's part and parcel of being a responsible forum admin.

Otherwise run a vanilla board, or don't run one at all.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信

Teach

Re: You should ask for your $ back

Post by Teach » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:41 pm

alinford wrote: What is wrong with you people? If you want to complain about release dates, go pay for vbulliten. When you pay for a product, you are entitled to complain. If you don't pay, then shut up and wait. Why don't you go create some new mods while you wait? Oh, you don't know PHP? Then you REALLY NEED TO SHUT UP!!! :evil:

Hoping for a moderator job, are you? :roll:

webmaster-forum

Post by webmaster-forum » Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:08 pm

Forum rankings equally honor those who help others and those who post every worthless thought that crosses their mind.

I like that. Funny. :lol:

atomic7431

Post by atomic7431 » Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:47 pm

If you are going to take time an effort to add X number of MODs to your site, then quite bitching and complaining about the fact things may change to fix bugs and improve security.

It's part and parcel of being a responsible forum admin.

Otherwise run a vanilla board, or don't run one at all.

who was bitchin or complaining? i simply made an observation, i think some peeps need to take a destress pill and realise they are not god like and dont talk to peeps like ****
wether a board is free or not is not the issue, the point is they keep saying the new version will e out on such n such a date and it come and goes with no word even of a new release date or much at all apart from moderators who take too bitchin at peeps who just ask questions.
as i said in a previous post, the peeps who design phpbb do a great job, its just a shame certain mods etc spoil it!!!
hopeing for a quick release soon and for some of the bitchin too stop!!

Slimeboy

Post by Slimeboy » Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:59 pm

is there going to be a "report this post to a mod" option?

Acyd Burn
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Meik Sievertsen

Post by Acyd Burn » Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:08 pm

There was never a release date, and there will be never a release date for any version of phpBB2.

Paul was so nice to give an date on which he think he is able to get it out, do not think this is supposed to be a release date.

And because of such actions shown within this thread, to not tell people an estimated date is a good choice. It is finished when it is finished.

And now stop moaning and be happy when phpBB 2.0.4 is out of the door.

alinford

Moderator Job

Post by alinford » Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:09 pm

Hoping for a moderator job, are you?

If this community needs a clueless moderator, I am their guy :lol:

webmaster-forum

Post by webmaster-forum » Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:09 pm

This thread is so far off topic it belongs in General Chat.

psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX » Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:35 pm

Dates on opensource projects are only ever estimates unless the software is complete and packaged ... the later (and as per the Saturday checkin also a little of the former) was not true. I was sincerely hoping to have time over Christmas to package everything and release on the 27th. Unfortunately that didn't occur ... and the past two days I've not been at my PC (post Christmas relative visiting).

Now, newly aquired cold permitting this week should see the 2.0.4 release.

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”