MySQL 4.0.12 is ready for production use!

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
Darth Wong

MySQL 4.0.12 is ready for production use!

Post by Darth Wong »

On MySQL's website, they've updated the status of their software, and version 4.0.12 is now recommended for production use. Is it difficult to switch phpBB2 to it?

If I just update the database engine itself and then change the config.php file to use mysql4, should everything work OK? I've been thinking of switching and then doing a bunch of "ALTER TABLE" commands to change the databases to InnoDB.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/
Mohd

Re: MySQL 4.0.12 is ready for production use!

Post by Mohd »

Darth Wong wrote: On MySQL's website, they've updated the status of their software, and version 4.0.12 is now recommended for production use. Is it difficult to switch phpBB2 to it?

If I just update the database engine itself and then change the config.php file to use mysql4, should everything work OK? I've been thinking of switching and then doing a bunch of "ALTER TABLE" commands to change the databases to InnoDB.

I am using an alpha mysql 4.0.* with mysql4.php and it works fine in my local machine
Visit My Site Mohd Web Site!
My Current mod is PaFileDb Integration 0.0.8
Demo: Click Here
No support via PM

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”