[ABD] PBWoW RC4 for phpBB 3.0.6

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Scam Warning
Theolis

Re: [DEV] PBWoW RC1 for phpBB 3.0.4

Post by Theolis »

Looks like your site is getting hosed. Any chance for a mirror? Amazing looking theme! Wish I could download it.
Kirk_Fitzgerald
Name: Kirk

Post by Kirk_Fitzgerald »

I'm still so impressed by this skin, great job PayBas, and a Merry Christmas to you :ugeek:
Theolis

Post by Theolis »

Strange...I was able to access your site from work this morning but now I can't from home. Did you recently register or move your domain name? Wondering if my DNS lists need to update.

Are you running your own server and do you take it down during the day/night? I'm getting the following error:

Address Not Found
Firefox can't find the server at http://www.pbwow.com
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Theolis wrote:Strange...I was able to access your site from work this morning but now I can't from home. Did you recently register or move your domain name? Wondering if my DNS lists need to update.

Are you running your own server and do you take it down during the day/night? I'm getting the following error:

Address Not Found
Firefox can't find the server at http://www.pbwow.com
Perhaps my host is having some problems... or it is due to the recent cables on the mediterranean seafloor being broken. I myself don't have any problems accessing it though.
Theolis

Post by Theolis »

Strange...I'll contact my ISP and see if they can give a little insight as to why I'm unable to access your site from home. Hope they're not blocking your host for some reason (although with my ISP I would not doubt it, they suck big time). I'll post back with what I find out.
Theolis

Post by Theolis »

So I've been doing a considerable amount of research to try and find out why I'm unable to access your site. I've gone through every possible security setting on both my PC and my router and all resulting in no luck. I then decided to try a trace route to your site's IP address (66.45.237.210 same results for 89.248.173.146) and I noticed a single time out:

Code: Select all

13   129 ms   128 ms     129 ms    rd1ny-ge5-0-0.ny.shawcable.net [66.163.76.54]
 14       *            *              *          Request timed out.
After doing a few google searches it looks like there are several people that are having connection issues with shawcable.net. Not sure how to go about resolving this, there may not be anything I can do since it looks like the connection is getting dropped along the way. Anyone else having this problem?
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

I would try using a proxy to circumvent the problems.

I'll send an email to my host to see if they have some things blocked.

edit: Just read your message on pbwow.com about your proxy. It's annoying to have to use it, but at least now you can access it :).
Friends4U

Post by Friends4U »

WOW!!!! (and i do not mean the game!)
Forums4U - Http://www.Forums4U.nl - Dutch
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Friends4U wrote:WOW!!!! (and i do not mean the game!)
;) thx
Forsaker

Post by Forsaker »

Is there any expected date for a final-version?

Edit:
one little suggestion: Last Post

Can you add something like "xx minutes ago" / "xx hours ago" / "xx days ago" and maybe even years to the "last post col" (viewforum)?

It does not need to be 100% detailed. phpbb gives a bit too much information by default. If someone made a post 7 hours:34 minutes ago, its no problem to write only something like ">7h ago by UserXY" to the last post col. at 1day: 8hours you can use >1day
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Hello all,

First of all, I'm sorry I haven't been around here much lately. The reasons are numerous.
1. Studies - finishing my masters degree is taking an amazing amount of my time.
2. GF - never enough time for that :D.
3. Work - I need to make some money to keep PBWoW on the air (and to keep the GF happy ofcourse).

Been working on other websites so had to postpone all my PBWoW activities for a while, but there is hope. In about 2 weeks time, I will have some spare time and hopefully a brand new PC (the one I have now is about 4 years old :? and is starting to die). By that time I should have RC2 ready within days.

So, thank you all very much for your patience. It's good to see there are people making modifications to make PBWoW suit their needs and helping out each other. Warms my heart :D.
Statikk

Post by Statikk »

PayBas. Things are looking great. Thank you for the obviously large amounts of time you've spent on this project. I can't wait for the next release. This skin is the only thing I'm postponing my move to phpbb3 for! :P
Kalay

Post by Kalay »

Hi, actually I need some help with portal for PBWoW. I installed forum and it works perfect, but I have some problems with portal. It looks now like that. I found topic about that at PBWoW forums, but when I copied the code of news.html and uploaded it on FTP it's still not working fine.
gec5741

Post by gec5741 »

I just stumbled accross this and i'm very interested in this theme! But i'm a little confused. Does this currently work with 3.5? Also where can I download the latest version of this beta or otherwise?
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Statikk wrote:PayBas. Things are looking great. Thank you for the obviously large amounts of time you've spent on this project. I can't wait for the next release. This skin is the only thing I'm postponing my move to phpbb3 for! :P
Thank you.
Kalay wrote:Hi, actually I need some help with portal for PBWoW. I installed forum and it works perfect, but I have some problems with portal. It looks now like that. I found topic about that at PBWoW forums, but when I copied the code of news.html and uploaded it on FTP it's still not working fine.
PBWoW doesn't really like portals at the moment. I'm looking into having some very basic support for Board3 at the moment.
gec5741 wrote:I just stumbled accross this and i'm very interested in this theme! But i'm a little confused. Does this currently work with 3.5? Also where can I download the latest version of this beta or otherwise?
PBWoW RC1 will very likely work fine with phpBB 3.0.5. At the moment I am updating the whole thing and working out some bugs and implementing a few new things. Hopefully I'll have a release for phpBB 3.0.5 done within one or two weeks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”