[RELEASE] WoWKing phpBB 3.0.7

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Ideas Centre
StylesFactoryCom

[RELEASE] WoWKing phpBB 3.0.7

Post by StylesFactoryCom » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:22 pm

Style name: WoWKing / World of Warcraft King
Style version: 1.0.5
phpBB version: 3.0.7
Author: Matti

Demo: click!
Download: click!

If you enjoyed my work please donate! Donations are optional but appreciated.
Support this style: Image

Enjoy it :))
Last edited by StylesFactoryCom on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for cheap and cool styles? PM me :P.
--> matti@gamesboard.pl
My official themes site: http://www.stylesfactory.pl

Granne

Re: [RELEASE] WoWKing phpBB 3.0.1

Post by Granne » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:32 pm

Great style, very cool looking

However a few things i miss,

1. A link to all the new post since i visited last time

2. forum modreators color, rigth now, i cant see whos moderator for different foums, the spce is there and the text but its black and same whit the subforum text but if i drag an selection box around the text i can see it

Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:49 pm

Granne wrote:Great style, very cool looking

However a few things i miss,

1. A link to all the new post since i visited last time
Open styles/WoWKing/template/index_body.html

search:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH or (S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT) -->
<ul class="linklist">
	<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and U_MARK_FORUMS --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_MARK_FORUMS}" accesskey="m">{L_MARK_FORUMS_READ}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
</ul>
<!-- ENDIF -->
replace with:

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH or (S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT) -->
<ul class="linklist">
	<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH -->
		<li><a href="{U_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}">{L_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}</a><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> &bull; <a href="{U_SEARCH_NEW}">{L_SEARCH_NEW}</a><!-- ENDIF --> &bull; <a href="{U_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}">{L_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}</a></li>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and U_MARK_FORUMS --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_MARK_FORUMS}" accesskey="m">{L_MARK_FORUMS_READ}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
</ul>
<!-- ENDIF -->
2. forum modreators color, rigth now, i cant see whos moderator for different foums, the spce is there and the text but its black and same whit the subforum text but if i drag an selection box around the text i can see it
Open styles/WoWKing/theme/colours.css

search:

li.row strong {
	color: #000000;
}
and change the 000000 to the color you like :)
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me for fair prices and good service!

Granne

Post by Granne » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:14 pm

Thats was fast!

and it worked like a charm

thank you very much =)

LiverpoolsNo9

Post by LiverpoolsNo9 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:02 pm

Question: How do I add a link to another site on the line that contains Board Index, login, faq, search etc? And also make the header image point to the same site.

Thanks.

(I swear I've looked.....I appreciate the help.)

Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:06 am

open: styles/WoWKing/template/overall_header.html

search:

<a href="{U_INDEX}" class="one">{L_INDEX}</a>
add before:

<a href="your_link" class="one">your_link_name</a>
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me for fair prices and good service!

LiverpoolsNo9

Post by LiverpoolsNo9 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:27 am

Thank you!

Ramanaa

Post by Ramanaa » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:24 pm

Greetings.

We've just recently begun using this style (and like it!) however there is an issue:

The style apparently is only looking at user-defined permissions groups when determining whether or not to display the "edit" and "quote" tags on posts.

The pre-defined Administrators and Global Moderators groups on our forum have full moderator permissions, yet no one can see an "edit" or "quote" link/button in the posts. When I change the board style from WoWKing back to subSilver2, we see the buttons as they should be.

Is this a known issue or are we the only ones having it? Is there something I need to change on our end to get this to work properly (besides duplicating the effort of permissions and creating all user-defined groups, that is)?

*edit* We're using phpBB 3.0.2

*edit again* Created a user-defined group on our forum, added a member to that group, and gave the group full moderator permissions. Still no edit/quote buttons. However when I switch back to subSilver2, I see them.

*edit x3* Seems there is no way at all to get edit/quote buttons to appear, regardless of set permissions. Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you.

Ramanaa

Post by Ramanaa » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:57 am

Well I was able to figure it out on my own. The following post is for those that may run into the same issue I did.

Turns out it had nothing to do with permissions at all. I'd changed the default language from en (British English) to en_us (US English). All the missing icons/buttons for this theme are in /imagesets/en, and therefore couldn't be found.

Made a copy of /imagesets/en and called it /imagesets/en_us and it fixed the problem.

Adiene

Post by Adiene » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:31 am

How do you change the background image from static to normal "tiled" in wowking?

realrookie

Post by realrookie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 am

This template is really nice. Alltho the main header image is a bit big to my opinion. Is there a way that i can make it smaller in height? I uploaded another image but its like repeating itself and the "no-repeat" in the css is not reacting on it.
~~~ No knowledge is no power ~~~

exigent

Post by exigent » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:30 pm

Hello, thanks for this great style. I have just started using it, but I am finding a few issues. Currently I am using 3.0.2 which might be the problem, but one thing is when a user adds an avatar, the user data (title, post count, etc.) gets pushed down and moves all the way to the left below the posting text. Another problem I am having is that the post editing buttons are too close to the username\avatar in a posting, the quote button is touching the avatar\username. Is there a way around this?

dmcleod

Post by dmcleod » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:22 am

Hi

I like this style very much, but I'm not a programmer. I need help changing the width of the forum itself. In it's current state it's too narrow. So could anyone tell me how to widen the forum? Thanks in advance :)

Duncan

Aldenor

Post by Aldenor » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:18 am

Nice skin! Im using to my forum.

A question. What are the lines in css for change the background on quote or code coz is white.

Thanks =)

matthills

Post by matthills » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:31 pm

dmcleod wrote:Hi
I need help changing the width of the forum itself. In it's current state it's too narrow. So could anyone tell me how to widen the forum? Thanks in advance :)

Duncan
any news on this plz ?:) i need to change the width to a full screen if possible... This is the site that its on

http://www.wowtoysoldiers.com/forums/

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”