[ABD] BlackSmoke for phpBB3 3.0.2 - 3.0.4

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Ideas Centre
Frost°

[ABD] BlackSmoke for phpBB3 3.0.2 - 3.0.4

Post by Frost° »

Style Name: WF Black Smoke Gaming
Style Authors: Frost
Style Version: 1.0.0
Style phpBB Version: 3.0.2 - 3.0.4

Style Base: prosilver
Style Type: Dark
Style Colors: Grey/Orange/White/Black

Style Description: A lot of people kept requesting that I make gamer styles because there were none. Although I am sure that is not true, I decided to release a set of 5 gamer styles ranging in details and colors for all you gamers that feel you have been left out.

This is #2 of the set of 5 gamer styles I am releasing and features a rounded prosilver style with a dark overall appearance and orange accents.

Note: Remember this is the live development site for this project, so changes are constantly being made.

Style Screenshots:

Style Features:
  • Integrated superfish jquery menu system
  • Integrated jquery popup message system that can be added to any element. Click the "!" triangle icon to see a demo
  • Built in enhanced search look for header
  • subsilver style category headers replacing default prosilver layout. Designed with xhtml in mind, no tables
  • Option to have rotating header with 3 provided examples and psd included - Next Release
  • Several more surprise jquery/ajax features to be announced upon release
  • Smooth scrolling when clicking on anchor links like "Back to Top" or FAQ page links. - Suggested by ihermit
This style is not feature locked, reply with any requests or suggestions

Style PSDs:
Logo/Header

Style Demo: http://www.white-fusion.com/dev/index.php?style=14
Style Download: http://www.white-fusion.com/forum/index ... =viewtopic

Style Additional Information: Should you ever need to "login" to download a style use the following username and password:
Username: Demo
Password: demodemo
Last edited by Frost° on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

ihermit

Re: [Dev][Style] Black Smoke Gaming v1.0.0d for phpBB3 3.0.2

Post by ihermit »

By far the best style I've ever seen. I am so impressed it's not even funny, you are truly amazing. Great work, keep it up. I think it would be nice to include a smoothscroll js :)

Frost°

Post by Frost° »

Thank you :D

Why do you suggest that? Is the scrolling impaired in any way or is it just an enhancement. I ask become I am not familiar with it, and I've only encountered scrolling problems with FF3 and fixed backgrounds.

Thoughts?

ihermit

Post by ihermit »

Frost° wrote:Thank you :D

Why do you suggest that? Is the scrolling impaired in any way or is it just an enhancement. I ask become I am not familiar with it, and I've only encountered scrolling problems with FF3 and fixed backgrounds.

Thoughts?
You're right about firefox and fixed backgrounds, and I was suggesting this just as a feature enhancement.
Something like : http://showcase.joomlabamboo.com/webspa ... emid=2#top

(Scroll down a bit to the "back to top" link.)
I think it's neat, and you've added a lot of neat javascript to the styles already, so I thought this might be neat as well.

Frost°

Post by Frost° »

Oh I see, that's a nice little effect. Unfortunately it was written for mootools so I will have to find it for jquery or make it myself.

Nice suggestion, I will try to add it :D

ihermit

Post by ihermit »

If you look around a little, you'll find it. I added it to my old phpbb3 style and it worked like a charm. You need to find the js script and include it in the header.

Frost°

Post by Frost° »

:P

Added, try it out by clicking any anchor links, specifically the "Back to top" button or by clicking on any of the links in the FAQ section.

ihermit

Post by ihermit »

Good job, I'm surprised this isn't a premium skin :o
I'm running a gaming/gfx site and this will go perfect :)
I appreciate how you're making 5 gaming styles, sometimes we get left out. :P

Frost°

Post by Frost° »

Nah, it will be free :P

I'm also going to release the ProBlueX for free as well pretty soon, I just can't make myself sell styles right now, maybe later.

Anyway, I added your suggestion to the features list with credits and I encourage others to speak up and submit feature requests or suggestions as well, after all you are the ones who will be using it :P

ihermit

Post by ihermit »

Frost° wrote:Nah, it will be free :P

I'm also going to release the ProBlueX for free as well pretty soon, I just can't make myself sell styles right now, maybe later.

Anyway, I added your suggestion to the features list with credits and I encourage others to speak up and submit feature requests or suggestions as well, after all you are the ones who will be using it :P
Wow, Thanks :)

Just curious, (I know colors are last) But what are you thinking for the viewtopic colors?

Frost°

Post by Frost° »

I will add some kind of cool look and features there, none of this style will be white areas like that. Eventually it will be replaced with a black text area etc;

ihermit

Post by ihermit »

Frost° wrote:I will add some kind of cool look and features there, none of this style will be white areas like that. Eventually it will be replaced with a black text area etc;
Ah, good idea. I'm really curious to see how this turns out because prosilver is not usually an ideal style for making gaming styles (that's why I'm so surpsised), but this looks amazing. Another thing you may want add in is making the profiles in viewtopic horizontal. There was a tut somewhere in this section, perhaps you could release 2 versions of the style? (One for horizontal viewtopic profiles). I think it would look neat 8-)

Frost°

Post by Frost° »

prosilver is actually easier than subsilver2 to style, if you look at it from an up-to-date code point of view

As for the suggestion, if I do something like that I will just offer the pre-coded version of the files additionally for people to download and replace instead of releasing it as two separate packages.

ihermit

Post by ihermit »

Frost° wrote:prosilver is actually easier than subsilver2 to style, if you look at it from an up-to-date code point of view

As for the suggestion, if I do something like that I will just offer the pre-coded version of the files additionally for people to download and replace instead of releasing it as two separate packages.
I think you should release 2 versions, just to see how it looks/what people prefer.

Frost°

Post by Frost° »

I might as well discuss some of these ideas here as well since the majority of people who check out this style will own gamer related sites..

I've played quiet a bit of games in the past and have been registered on a few popular sites back in the day. What I'm really going to go for here is to make this style as "gamer" ready as I can so the website authors don't have so much work to do to code it to fit their needs.

For instance, I am going to add a few built in sections of the most popular scripts or addons for gaming sites.

A lot of gamer sites use ventrilo or teamspeak, so I was thinking of building the section into the layout and having it ready to drop their ventril/teamspeak code and it works right away.

I need more of the things that gamer sites use commonly, I will customize anything to work, just tell me what it is you desire.

So, in the ventrilo example I was going to have a bar go across the site with these options in a "menu" sort of appearance. When a user clicked on the "link" (Ventrilo) It will scroll down a box with the ventrilo information. I was planning on having about 3 side by side each.

For a small example of what I mean, go to my forum and click on any of the little blue links under the header, you will see the whole site slide down to show the information. I am going to do something similar to this but instead of pushing the site down, it will overlay on top of the site.

--------

Whew..

Anyway, feel free to show me examples, suggest things like this etc..

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”