[ABD] BlackSmoke for phpBB3 3.0.2 - 3.0.4

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Ideas Centre
ihermit

Re: [Dev][Style] Black Smoke Gaming v1.0.0d for phpBB3 3.0.2

Post by ihermit »

Frost° wrote:I might as well discuss some of these ideas here as well since the majority of people who check out this style will own gamer related sites..

I've played quiet a bit of games in the past and have been registered on a few popular sites back in the day. What I'm really going to go for here is to make this style as "gamer" ready as I can so the website authors don't have so much work to do to code it to fit their needs.

For instance, I am going to add a few built in sections of the most popular scripts or addons for gaming sites.

A lot of gamer sites use ventrilo or teamspeak, so I was thinking of building the section into the layout and having it ready to drop their ventril/teamspeak code and it works right away.

I need more of the things that gamer sites use commonly, I will customize anything to work, just tell me what it is you desire.

So, in the ventrilo example I was going to have a bar go across the site with these options in a "menu" sort of appearance. When a user clicked on the "link" (Ventrilo) It will scroll down a box with the ventrilo information. I was planning on having about 3 side by side each.

For a small example of what I mean, go to my forum and click on any of the little blue links under the header, you will see the whole site slide down to show the information. I am going to do something similar to this but instead of pushing the site down, it will overlay on top of the site.

--------

Whew..

Anyway, feel free to show me examples, suggest things like this etc..
The vent thing is a great idea, something you may want to look at for future styles (not necessarily this one) is this style: http://www.forummonkeys.com/phpbb3/index.php?style=4 (I'm not sure if linking to something like this is allowed, if not I will remove it). A side menu like that would be ideal for links to tutorials and resources. Food for thought I suppose :)
nothing4me

Post by nothing4me »

Change the black gradient. It doesn't match with the overall look of the style.

That is all. :lol:
Frost°

Post by Frost° »

ihermit wrote: The vent thing is a great idea, something you may want to look at for future styles (not necessarily this one) is this style: http://www.forummonkeys.com/phpbb3/index.php?style=4 (I'm not sure if linking to something like this is allowed, if not I will remove it). A side menu like that would be ideal for links to tutorials and resources. Food for thought I suppose :)
I've thought about that, but in a fixed width forum you are asking for trouble in small browsers.

nothing4me wrote:Image
Change the black gradient. It doesn't match with the overall look of the style.

That is all. :lol:
I was thinking the same thing for the general area of the category header.

You mean the way it goes from orange to black?

I don't know what I'll end up putting there, but I don't want it to be blank so the lines are a placeholder of sorts.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Brandon05
Name: Brandon Kaylor

Post by Brandon05 »

Yes indeed a very nice style. I love your styles frost especially when you base them off prosilver which is amazing when you see how much you have changed and you cannot tell it was based on the prosilver template.
matthewhotdude

Post by matthewhotdude »

when can we download it?
ihermit

Post by ihermit »

matthewhotdude wrote:when can we download it?
He hasn't completed it :)
csp4.0

Post by csp4.0 »

Yay! Superfish!

I really like the style itself, Its good that its proSilver base (I thought it was subSilver in the thumbnail...)

Overall = 9.75/10, the navbar could do with an orange picture background instead of a black coloured background
Frost°

Post by Frost° »

That can easily be changed by an individual user after download, I will even include a small section on how to change areas.

While I am on the subject, since this style will have so many extra features I will include a "How To" section in the second post here on ways to change areas and additional information on the additions I placed in the code.

For example, the little "Details" icon has several other pre-defined options. Instead of "subtle" you can use "alert" to easily change the color and behavior of the pop-up box.

I will start adding these when the style is closer to being completed.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :ugeek:
ihermit

Post by ihermit »

Frost° wrote:That can easily be changed by an individual user after download, I will even include a small section on how to change areas.

While I am on the subject, since this style will have so many extra features I will include a "How To" section in the second post here on ways to change areas and additional information on the additions I placed in the code.

For example, the little "Details" icon has several other pre-defined options. Instead of "subtle" you can use "alert" to easily change the color and behavior of the pop-up box.

I will start adding these when the style is closer to being completed.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :ugeek:
Great idea, looking good :)
Frost°

Post by Frost° »

Thanks, glad you like it :D

I can already tell this style will be pretty popular, I might just have to make a lot more darker styles...
naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam »

Trust me this is a great style. Also the little links you click and shows more info. Its great.

This style will rule.

Thanks for the work you puting in for all the gamers out there.
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )
Frost°

Post by Frost° »

Wait until you see some of the surprise features :ugeek:
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

Hah, I'm not even running a gaming forum and I love the theme. I can't wait until they're all released.

You are a very talented person Frost. :D
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
kiran_n444

Post by kiran_n444 »

this is the most g0dly skin i've ever seen for phpbb... I can't wait to start using/modifying it xD
Frost°

Post by Frost° »

Thank you both, it should be done before the weekend :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”