[ABD] BlackSmoke for phpBB3 3.0.2 - 3.0.4

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Ideas Centre
Zaid

Re: ++ [RELEASE] Black Smoke Gaming v1.0.0 for phpBB3 3.0.2

Post by Zaid »

Frost° wrote:Style Name: WF Black Smoke Gaming
Style Authors: Frost
Style Version: 1.0.0
Style phpBB Version: 3.0.2

Style Base: prosilver
Style Type: Dark
Style Colors: Grey/Orange/White/Black

Style Description: A lot of people kept requesting that I make gamer styles because there were none. Although I am sure that is not true, I decided to release a set of 5 gamer styles ranging in details and colors for all you gamers that feel you have been left out.

This is #2 of the set of 5 gamer styles I am releasing and features a rounded prosilver style with a dark overall appearance and orange accents.

Note: Remember this is the live development site for this project, so changes are constantly being made.

Style Screenshots:

Style Features:
  • Integrated superfish jquery menu system
  • Integrated jquery popup message system that can be added to any element. Click the "!" triangle icon to see a demo
  • Built in enhanced search look for header
  • subsilver style category headers replacing default prosilver layout. Designed with xhtml in mind, no tables
  • Option to have rotating header with 3 provided examples and psd included - Next Release
  • Several more surprise jquery/ajax features to be announced upon release
  • Smooth scrolling when clicking on anchor links like "Back to Top" or FAQ page links. - Suggested by ihermit
This style is not feature locked, reply with any requests or suggestions

Style PSDs:
Logo/Header

Style Demo: http://www.white-fusion.com/dev/index.php?style=14
Style Download: http://www.white-fusion.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=5&t=161\

Style Additional Information: Should you ever need to "login" to download a style use the following username and password:
Username: Demo
Password: demodemo

an the demo username is not working
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

okay, i need some help... I got that sorted... i had to make a new folder called en_us in the >imageset folder...

how can i change the main language to english an not english us ?
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

hey got that sorted as well, but there is a problem with your image set.

THE ONLINE image, has a problem... everytime a user uses a Gif / png avatar your ONLINE image gets behind it..

look here

jlomaga

Post by jlomaga »

This is a great looking style.
I see you have a list of upcoming additions. Do you plan on including any add-ons like XBOX LIVE gamertags/cards, PSN tags, Wii...etc???
I will def. be giving this a whirl.
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

jlomaga wrote:This is a great looking style.
I see you have a list of upcoming additions. Do you plan on including any add-ons like XBOX LIVE gamertags/cards, PSN tags, Wii...etc???
You can do that with custom profile fields, not sure why it has to do with the style.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
jlomaga

Post by jlomaga »

Drugs wrote:
jlomaga wrote:This is a great looking style.
You can do that with custom profile fields, not sure why it has to do with the style.
I know in phpbb 2.0 there were add-ons that would allow someone to put there gamertag in and then like the AIM buttons and email button there would be XBOX Live function buttons, things like sending messages adding to friends list, more then just a simple custom profile line.
carita

Re: [RELEASE] Black Smoke Gaming v1.0.0 for phpBB3 3.0.2

Post by carita »

That looks great. And some unique icons is all it needs!
Syntax007

Post by Syntax007 »

where do i edit it so that i can change the menu item links?
Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon »

You can change the links on the file /styles/BlackSmoke/template/menu.html
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me for fair prices and good service!
nbtc971

Post by nbtc971 »

Nice theme however I've just discovered it doesn't work correctly with the latest FF. I.E. can't click the "1 New Message" link, can post in locked topics.. Not sure what else. A user of mine first reported it so I fired up FF and it was the same for me.
Frost°

Post by Frost° »

nbtc971 wrote:Nice theme however I've just discovered it doesn't work correctly with the latest FF. I.E. can't click the "1 New Message" link, can post in locked topics.. Not sure what else. A user of mine first reported it so I fired up FF and it was the same for me.
Hmm.. I'll look into it and get back to you
JeRicHoOL

Post by JeRicHoOL »

1. Is this style compatible with phpBB 3.0.3?

There are several flaws.

----------

2. How can I fix the following problem? The posters profile information reaches over the online image.

Picture: http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m287 ... 162120.gif

----------

3.[FIXED] I need the code for the following picture. Because I want to put this on the top of my chat box so it goes more with the style.

Picture: http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m287 ... 162344.gif

Found out the code myself.

Code: Select all

<ul class="outer-cat">
		  <li class="top-cat">
			  <dl class="cat-container">
				  <dd class="cat-left"><!-- IF S_DISPLAY_ACTIVE -->{L_ACTIVE_TOPICS}<!-- ELSEIF topicrow.S_TOPIC_TYPE_SWITCH and topicrow.S_TOPIC_TYPE gt 1 -->{L_ANNOUNCEMENTS}<!-- ELSE -->{L_TOPICS}<!-- ENDIF --></dd>
				  <dd class="cat-text"></dd>
				  <dd class="cat-right"></dd>
				</dl>
		  </li>
		</ul>
----------

4. Is there a way to avoid that long messages without spaces reach over the limit like in the following picture? Do you know a solution for it? Sniper, the guy who knows much about the chat mod doesn't know how to fix this problem. Your my last hope. The "word/message", no matter how long, should be wrapped in the black background. If the "word/message" is too long it shall continue on a 2nd line.

Picture: http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m287 ... 201927.gif

----------

5. The same problem appears when you post. The message gets cut off because I have posted much more T's than you actually see. I want that if a "word/message" is too long then it should automatically continue on a 2nd line instead of getting cut off.

Picture: http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m287 ... 202149.gif

----------

6. I tried to change the text color for posts, signatures, etc. but for some reason it doesn't work. I think this problem is style related. You definately know where to change it. Hope you can help me.

I tried changing the following part in "content.css" but it didn't work (Yes, I refreshed the theme and purged the cache).

.content {
   color: #333333;
}
----------

7. When someone changes his avatar or uses one the rank image gets replaced. When you delete the avatar the rank image doesn't come back. How can I get avatar and rank image being displayed on the poster profile?

Here's the code part for the poster profile when you view a topic. (viewtopic_body.html)

<!-- IF not postrow.S_IGNORE_POST -->
			<dl class="postprofile" id="profile{postrow.POST_ID}">
	<div id="profilecenter">
			<dt>
			    <!-- We use "\r\n" newline here because insert_text() JS function doesn't insert newline with "\n" (at least in Windows) -->
				<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><a href="#postform" onclick="insert_text('[b]{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}[/b]\r\n'); return false;"<!-- IF postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR --> style="color: {postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR}" <!-- ENDIF -->>{postrow.POST_AUTHOR}</a><!-- ELSE --><!-- IF not postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR --><strong>{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}</strong><!-- ELSE -->{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
				<dd>&nbsp;</dd>
				<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_AVATAR -->
					<!-- IF postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR --><a href="{postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR}">{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}</a><!-- ELSE -->{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}<!-- ENDIF --><br />
				<!-- ENDIF -->
			</dt>
    </div>
			<!-- We use "\r\n" newline here because insert_text() JS function doesn't insert newline with "\n" (at least in Windows) -->
			<!-- IF not postrow.RANK_TITLE --><br /><!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><dd><a href="#postform" onclick="addquote({postrow.POST_ID},'{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}'); insert_text('\r\n'); return false;" title="{L_QUOTE_TEXT}">{L_QUOTE}</a></dd><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE or postrow.RANK_IMG --><dd>{postrow.RANK_TITLE}<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><br /><a href="#postform" onclick="addquote({postrow.POST_ID},'{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}'); insert_text('\r\n'); return false;" title="{L_QUOTE_TEXT}">{L_QUOTE}</a><!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE and postrow.RANK_IMG --><br /><!-- ENDIF -->{postrow.RANK_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->

<dd>&nbsp;</dd>

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_POSTS != '' --><dd><strong>{L_POSTS}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_POSTS}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF postrow.CASH --><dd><strong>{CASH_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.CASH}</dd><dd><a href="{postrow.U_CASH_DONATE}">{L_DONATE}</a></dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_JOINED --><dd><strong>{L_JOINED}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_JOINED}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_FROM --><dd><strong>{L_LOCATION}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_FROM}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF postrow.S_PROFILE_FIELD1 -->
			<!-- Use a construct like this to include admin defined profile fields. Replace FIELD1 with the name of your field. -->
			<dd><strong>{postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_VALUE}</dd>
		<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->
			<dd><strong>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>
		<!-- END custom_fields -->

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
		<!-- IF postrow.U_PM or postrow.U_EMAIL or postrow.U_WWW or postrow.U_MSN or postrow.U_ICQ or postrow.U_YIM or postrow.U_AIM -->
			<dd>
				<ul class="profile-icons">
					<!-- IF postrow.U_PM --><li class="pm-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_PM}" title="{L_PRIVATE_MESSAGE}"><span>{L_PRIVATE_MESSAGE}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF postrow.U_EMAIL --><li class="email-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_EMAIL}" title="{L_EMAIL}"><span>{L_EMAIL}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF postrow.U_WWW --><li class="web-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_WWW}" title="{L_VISIT_WEBSITE}: {postrow.U_WWW}"><span>{L_WEBSITE}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF postrow.U_MSN --><li class="msnm-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_MSN}" onclick="popup(this.href, 550, 320); return false;" title="{L_MSNM}"><span>{L_MSNM}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF postrow.U_ICQ --><li class="icq-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_ICQ}" onclick="popup(this.href, 550, 320); return false;" title="{L_ICQ}"><span>{L_ICQ}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF postrow.U_YIM --><li class="yahoo-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_YIM}" onclick="popup(this.href, 780, 550); return false;" title="{L_YIM}"><span>{L_YIM}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF postrow.U_AIM --><li class="aim-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_AIM}" onclick="popup(this.href, 550, 320); return false;" title="{L_AIM}"><span>{L_AIM}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF postrow.U_JABBER --><li class="jabber-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_JABBER}" onclick="popup(this.href, 550, 320); return false;" title="{L_JABBER}"><span>{L_JABBER}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				</ul>
			</dd>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- ENDIF -->

</dl>
	<!-- ENDIF -->

<div class="back2top"><a href="#wrap" class="top" title="{L_BACK_TO_TOP}">{L_BACK_TO_TOP}</a></div>

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
	</div>

<hr class="divider" />
<!-- END postrow -->
Maby it has only something to do with those <--Endif--> commands. I'm not really into this stuff so I hope you guys can help me out.
Last edited by JeRicHoOL on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
maxhel

Post by maxhel »

any updates for phpbb 3.0.3??
3hitsallday

Post by 3hitsallday »

There should be a update you will just need to wait and see atm Frost is busy working on he's own site trying to get it backup but if you give him sometime he should have updated the style here or on he's site.
Gm of White-Fusion-Free Styles by Frost
Admin of Prostylegaming - Gaming Community
JeRicHoOL

Post by JeRicHoOL »

I added some questions/problems to my previous post. I hope "Frost" is back soon to help me out. :(

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”