[Release] LCARS (StarTrek like) for phpBB 3.0.10

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Ideas Centre
Balint

Re: [DEV] LCARS (StarTrek like)

Post by Balint » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:22 am

Hi,

that would be a good idea indeed. I don't think I can manage it at the moment - but I'll think about it.

Regards,
Bálint

Jon Wade

Post by Jon Wade » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Hihforge wrote:Been looking for something like this!

Any chance you might be making a more "complex" version with rounded corner elements and possibly framing it out to look like an actual console? =)
I was wondering how this idea is coming alone for I really like the LCARS look and think it be great.

kcmartz

Post by kcmartz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Update for 3.0.8? It works for me but I don't know about others. Also, what font/color did you use for the default logo? I want to change the text to my own but don't know what font to install and color to use in GIMP (using my school computer right now)
Thanks,
Kcmartz

Balint

Post by Balint » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:47 pm

kcmartz wrote:Update for 3.0.8? It works for me but I don't know about others. Also, what font/color did you use for the default logo? I want to change the text to my own but don't know what font to install and color to use in GIMP (using my school computer right now)
Hi,

sorry for the delay, the style is now updated to work with 3.0.8. The colors used in this theme are the "official" colors which can be found on http://www.lcarscom.net/faq.htm - for the font just google "real lcars font" - there are some good alternatives to the pricy original.

Regards,
Bálint

Sorenzy

Post by Sorenzy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:49 am

Nice, I'm using this currently.

Are there any plans to release a version with a fixed width forum div?

Balint

Post by Balint » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am

Hi,

there a no release plans but you can easily change it yourself.

Open up styles/lcars2/theme/stylesheet.css and find

Code: Select all

body {
	/* Text-Sizing with ems: http://www.clagnut.com/blog/348/ */
	font-family: "Lucida Grande", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
	color: #fff;
	background-color: #000;
	font-size: 62.5%; /* This sets the default font size to be equivalent to 10px */
	margin: 10px 0;
}
replace with

body {
	/* Text-Sizing with ems: http://www.clagnut.com/blog/348/ */
	font-family: "Lucida Grande", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
	color: #fff;
	background-color: #000;
	font-size: 62.5%; /* This sets the default font size to be equivalent to 10px */
	margin: 10px auto;
	min-width: 650px;
	width: 900px;
}
You can adjust the values for minimum and maximum width in the last two lines according to your needs.

Regards,
Bálint

krillmeed

Post by krillmeed » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:56 am

As we have a Star trek forum: http://krillmeed.com/forum/index.php this style was a absolute god send 8-) I have managed to add most of our mods to it, but stuck on one part of the Show usertime mod. I have to add this to the memberlist_body.php:

<open src="styles/prosilver/template/memberlist_body.html">
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[<th class="joined"><a href="{U_SORT_JOINED}#memberlist">{L_JOINED}</a></th>]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[			<th class="joined">{L_LOCAL_TIME}</th>]]></action>
			</edit>
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[<th class="joined"><a href="{U_SORT_JOINED}#memberlist">{L_JOINED}</a></th>]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[			<th class="joined">{L_LOCAL_TIME}</th>]]></action>
			</edit>
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[<th class="joined">&nbsp;</th>]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[		<th>&nbsp;</th>]]></action>
			</edit>
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[<td>{memberrow.JOINED}</td>]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[<td>{memberrow.LTIME}</td>]]></action>
			</edit>
but time and time again it messes up the columns. I know this is not your mod, but if you could help? Since are members are scattered world wide, it does help to co ordinate things. Here is my memberlist_body.php Which is the 3.08 version:

<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP -->
	<!-- INCLUDE simple_header.html -->
<!-- ELSE -->
	<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF S_SEARCH_USER -->	
	<!-- INCLUDE memberlist_search.html -->	
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF S_SHOW_GROUP --><!-- INCLUDE memberlist_group.html --><!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF not S_SHOW_GROUP -->
	<form method="post" name="charsearch" action="{S_MODE_ACTION}">
		<table width="100%" cellspacing="1">
		<tr>
			<td align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}"><span class="genmed">{L_USERNAME_BEGINS_WITH}: </span><select name="first_char" onchange="this.form.submit();">{S_CHAR_OPTIONS}</select>&nbsp;<input type="submit" name="char" value="{L_DISPLAY}" class="btnlite" /></td>
	<!-- IF U_FIND_MEMBER and not S_SEARCH_USER -->
			<td class="genmed" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}"><a href="{U_FIND_MEMBER}">{L_FIND_USERNAME}</a></td>
	<!-- ELSEIF S_SEARCH_USER and U_HIDE_FIND_MEMBER and not S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP -->
			<td class="genmed" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}"><a href="{U_HIDE_FIND_MEMBER}">{L_HIDE_MEMBER_SEARCH}</a></td>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
		</tr>
		</table>
		{S_FORM_TOKEN}
	</form>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<form method="post" name="results" action="{S_MODE_ACTION}" onsubmit="insert_marked(this.user);return false">
<!-- ELSE -->
	<form method="post" action="{S_MODE_ACTION}">
<!-- ENDIF -->
<table class="tablebg" width="100%" cellspacing="1">
<tr>
	<th nowrap="nowrap">#</th>
	<th nowrap="nowrap" width="25%" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}"><a href="{U_SORT_USERNAME}">{L_USERNAME}</a></th>
	<th nowrap="nowrap" width="15%"><a href="{U_SORT_JOINED}">{L_JOINED}</a></th>
	<th nowrap="nowrap" width="10%"><a href="{U_SORT_POSTS}">{L_POSTS}</a></th>
	<th nowrap="nowrap" width="15%"><a href="{U_SORT_RANK}">{L_RANK}</a></th>
	<th nowrap="nowrap" width="11%">{L_SEND_MESSAGE}</th>
	<th nowrap="nowrap" width="11%"><a href="{U_SORT_EMAIL}">{L_EMAIL}</a></th>
	<th nowrap="nowrap" width="11%"><a href="{U_SORT_WEBSITE}">{L_WEBSITE}</a></th>
	<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP and not S_SELECT_SINGLE --><th width="2%" nowrap="nowrap">{L_MARK}</th><!-- ENDIF -->
</tr>
<!-- BEGIN memberrow -->

<!-- IF S_SHOW_GROUP -->
		<!-- IF memberrow.S_FIRST_ROW and memberrow.S_GROUP_LEADER -->
			<tr class="row3">
				<td colspan="8"><b class="gensmall">{L_GROUP_LEADER}</b></td>
			</tr>
		<!-- ELSEIF not memberrow.S_GROUP_LEADER and not $S_MEMBER_HEADER -->
			<tr class="row3">
				<td colspan="8"><b class="gensmall">{L_GROUP_MEMBERS}</b></td>
			</tr>
				<!-- DEFINE $S_MEMBER_HEADER = 1 -->
		<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF memberrow.S_ROW_COUNT is even --><tr class="row2"><!-- ELSE -->	<tr class="row1"><!-- ENDIF -->

<td class="gen" align="center">&nbsp;{memberrow.ROW_NUMBER}&nbsp;</td>
		<td class="genmed" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}">{memberrow.USERNAME_FULL}<!-- IF S_SELECT_SINGLE --> [&nbsp;<a href="#" onclick="insert_single('{memberrow.A_USERNAME}'); return false;">{L_SELECT}</a>&nbsp;]<!-- ENDIF --></td>
		<td class="genmed" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{memberrow.JOINED}&nbsp;</td>
		<td class="gen" align="center">{memberrow.POSTS}</td>
		<td class="gen" align="center"><!-- IF memberrow.RANK_IMG -->{memberrow.RANK_IMG}<!-- ELSE -->{memberrow.RANK_TITLE}<!-- ENDIF --></td>
		<td class="gen" align="center">&nbsp;<!-- IF memberrow.U_PM --><a href="{memberrow.U_PM}">{PM_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->&nbsp;</td>
		<td class="gen" align="center">&nbsp;<!-- IF memberrow.U_EMAIL --><a href="{memberrow.U_EMAIL}">{EMAIL_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->&nbsp;</td>
		<td class="gen" align="center">&nbsp;<!-- IF memberrow.U_WWW --><a href="{memberrow.U_WWW}">{WWW_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->&nbsp;</td>
		<!-- IF memberrow.S_PROFILE_FIELD1 -->
			<!-- Use a construct like this to include admin defined profile fields. Replace FIELD1 with the name of your field. -->
			<td class="gen" align="center">&nbsp;{memberrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_VALUE}</td>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP and not S_SELECT_SINGLE --><td align="center"><input type="checkbox" class="radio" name="user" value="{memberrow.USERNAME}" /></td><!-- ENDIF -->
	</tr>

<!-- BEGINELSE -->

<tr>
		<td class="row1" colspan="<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP -->9<!-- ELSE -->8<!-- ENDIF -->" align="center">
			<span class="gen"><!-- IF S_SHOW_GROUP -->{L_NO_GROUP_MEMBERS}<!-- ELSE -->{L_NO_MEMBERS}<!-- ENDIF --></span>
		</td>
	</tr>

<!-- END memberrow -->

<tr>
	<td class="cat" colspan="<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP -->9<!-- ELSE -->8<!-- ENDIF -->" align="center"><!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP and not S_SELECT_SINGLE --><input class="btnlite" type="submit" value="{L_SELECT_MARKED}" /><!-- ELSE --><span class="gensmall">{L_SELECT_SORT_METHOD}:</span>&nbsp;<select name="sk">{S_MODE_SELECT}</select>&nbsp; <span class="gensmall">{L_ORDER}</span>&nbsp;<select name="sd">{S_ORDER_SELECT}</select>&nbsp; <input type="submit" name="submit" value="{L_SUBMIT}" class="btnlite" /><!-- ENDIF --></td>
</tr>
</table>
{S_FORM_TOKEN}

</form>

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
	<td class="pagination">{PAGE_NUMBER} [ {TOTAL_USERS} ]</td>
	<td align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}"><!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP and not S_SELECT_SINGLE --><b class="nav"><a href="#" onclick="marklist('results', 'user', true); return false;">{L_MARK_ALL}</a> :: <a href="#" onclick="marklist('results', 'user', false); return false;">{L_UNMARK_ALL}</a></b><br /><!-- ENDIF --><span class="pagination"><!-- INCLUDE pagination.html --></span></td>
</tr>
</table>

<!-- INCLUDE simple_footer.html -->	
<!-- ELSE -->
	<br clear="all" />

<!-- INCLUDE breadcrumbs.html -->

<br clear="all" />

<div align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}"><!-- INCLUDE jumpbox.html --></div>	
	<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
My star trek website http://www.krillmeed.com/

Balint

Post by Balint » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:32 am

Hi,

the problem with the "Show User Time" MOD is that the MOD author did not include instructions for subsilver2-based styles like mine. The other changes in the templates should also not have worked. But since you asked specifically for the changes in memberlist_body.html:

Find

<th nowrap="nowrap" width="15%"><a href="{U_SORT_JOINED}">{L_JOINED}</a></th>
Add after:

<th nowrap="nowrap">{L_LOCAL_TIME}</th>
Find

<td class="genmed" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{memberrow.JOINED}&nbsp;</td>
Add after:

<td class="genmed" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">{memberrow.LTIME}</td>
Find

<td class="cat" colspan="<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP -->9<!-- ELSE -->8<!-- ENDIF -->" align="center"><!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP and not S_SELECT_SINGLE --><input class="btnlite" type="submit" value="{L_SELECT_MARKED}" /><!-- ELSE --><span class="gensmall">{L_SELECT_SORT_METHOD}:</span>&nbsp;<select name="sk">{S_MODE_SELECT}</select>&nbsp; <span class="gensmall">{L_ORDER}</span>&nbsp;<select name="sd">{S_ORDER_SELECT}</select>&nbsp; <input type="submit" name="submit" value="{L_SUBMIT}" class="btnlite" /><!-- ENDIF --></td>
Replace with:

<td class="cat" colspan="<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP -->10<!-- ELSE -->9<!-- ENDIF -->" align="center"><!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP and not S_SELECT_SINGLE --><input class="btnlite" type="submit" value="{L_SELECT_MARKED}" /><!-- ELSE --><span class="gensmall">{L_SELECT_SORT_METHOD}:</span>&nbsp;<select name="sk">{S_MODE_SELECT}</select>&nbsp; <span class="gensmall">{L_ORDER}</span>&nbsp;<select name="sd">{S_ORDER_SELECT}</select>&nbsp; <input type="submit" name="submit" value="{L_SUBMIT}" class="btnlite" /><!-- ENDIF --></td>
EDIT: Here are the necessary changes for the other files. memberlist_view.html:

Find:

<tr>
				<td class="gen" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}" nowrap="nowrap">{L_JOINED}: </td>
				<td width="100%"><b class="gen">{JOINED}</b></td>
			</tr>
Add after:

<tr>
				<td class="gen" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}" nowrap="nowrap">{L_LOCAL_TIME}:</td>
				<td width="100%"><b class="gen">{LTIME}</b></td>
			</tr>

viewtopic_body.html:

Find

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_FROM --><br /><b>{L_LOCATION}:</b> {postrow.POSTER_FROM}<!-- ENDIF -->
Add after:

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_LOCAL_TIME --><br /><b>{L_LOCAL_TIME}:</b> {postrow.POSTER_LOCAL_TIME}<!-- ENDIF -->

Regards,
Bálint

krillmeed

Re: [Release] LCARS (StarTrek like) for phpBB 3.0.9

Post by krillmeed » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Thank you sir, worked a treat. Thought i did the other files properly, seeing the pages after your edits, seems i was wrong :oops: Thank you once again, live long and prosper :D
My star trek website http://www.krillmeed.com/

romanmike

Post by romanmike » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi All.
I'd like to use Lcars 2 Style also for PHPBB Social Network, but I don't know how to modify the style.
I'm using phpBB 3.10.

http://phpbbsocialnetwork.com/download.php

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Balint

Post by Balint » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi,

it seems that the "phpBB Social Network" is a modification to phpBB - so it should use the style the other pages are using. Are you having any specific problems with the MOD and my style? I would need a link to your (demo) forum where I can see the MOD in action.

Regards,
Bálint

romanmike

Post by romanmike » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:01 am

Balint wrote:Hi,
Hi there!
Balint wrote:
it seems that the "phpBB Social Network" is a modification to phpBB - so it should use the style the other pages are using.
The problem is that, in order to make phpBB Social Network use your style, I should insert some lines in your php code, but I cannot follow the instructions provided since I cannot find some specific lines as points of reference:

<open src="styles/prosilver/template/memberlist_view.html">
<edit>
<find><![CDATA[</form>]]></find>
<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[<!-- IF SN_MODULE_APPROVAL_ENABLED && SN_FMS_BLOCK_FRIEND_IS_NOT_EMPTY -->
<div class="panel bg1">
<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
<h3>{L_SN_FAS_FRIEND_LIST}</h3>
{SN_FMS_BLOCK_FRIEND_CONTENT}<div class="clear"></div>
{SN_FMS_BLOCK_FRIEND_PAGINATION_STRING}<div class="clear"></div>
<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
</div>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF SN_MODULE_USERSTATUS_ENABLED && SN_MODULE_USERSTATUS_VIEWPROFILE_ENABLE -->
<!-- INCLUDE socialnet/userstatus_memberlist.html -->
<!-- ENDIF -->]]></action>
</edit>
</open>
<open src="styles/prosilver/template/overall_footer.html">
<edit>
<find><![CDATA[ <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->{RUN_CRON_TASK}<!-- ENDIF -->
</div>]]></find>
<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[<!-- IF SN_MODULE_IM_ENABLED -->
<!-- INCLUDE socialnet/im.html -->
<!-- ENDIF -->]]></action>
</edit>
</open>
<open src="styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html">
<edit>
<find><![CDATA[<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/print.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" title="printonly" />]]></find>
<action type="before-add"><![CDATA[<!-- INCLUDE socialnet/overall_header_hook.html -->]]></action>
</edit>
<edit>
<find><![CDATA[<body id="phpbb" class="section-{SCRIPT_NAME} {S_CONTENT_DIRECTION}">]]></find>
<inline-edit>
<inline-find><![CDATA[<body id="phpbb" class="section-{SCRIPT_NAME} {S_CONTENT_DIRECTION}]]></inline-find>
<inline-action type="after-add"><![CDATA[<!-- IF SN_MODULE_IM_ENABLED --> im-page<!-- ENDIF -->]]></inline-action>
</inline-edit>
</edit>
<edit>
<find><![CDATA[ <ul class="linklist navlinks">]]></find>
<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[ <!-- IF SN_MODULE_MAINPAGE_ENABLED --><li class="icon-mainpage"><a href="{U_SN_MAINPAGE}">{L_SN_MP_MAINPAGE}</a><span id="snNtfNotify"<!-- IF S_SN_USER_UNREAD_NOTIFY eq 0 --> style="display:none"<!-- ENDIF -->>(<a href="{U_VIEW_NOTIFY}"><!-- IF S_SN_USER_UNREAD_NOTIFY neq 0 -->{S_SN_USER_UNREAD_NOTIFY}<!-- ENDIF --></a>)</span></li><!-- ENDIF -->]]></action>
</edit>
<edit>
<find><![CDATA[ <li class="icon-ucp">]]></find>
<action type="before-add"><![CDATA[ <!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT and SN_MODULE_PROFILE_ENABLED --><li class="icon-profile"><a href="{U_SN_MY_PROFILE}" title="{L_SN_MYPROFILE}"><strong>{S_USERNAME}</strong></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->]]></action>
</edit>
</open>
<open src="styles/prosilver/theme/stylesheet.css">
<edit>
<find><![CDATA[@import url("colours.css");]]></find>
<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[@import url("socialnet.css");
@import url("jquery.jgrowl.css");
]]></action>
</edit>
</open>
Balint wrote: Are you having any specific problems with the MOD and my style?
I've problems only managing the mod installation instructions.
Balint wrote: I would need a link to your (demo) forum where I can see the MOD in action.
My forum is http://gioco.net/startrek/starfleetitaly/sisn/ ... but I'm testing this mod on my local machine.
Anyway, if I use your style with this mod, I get the following error:

template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/lcars2/template/socialnet/overall_header_hook.html does not exist or is empty

Thanks in advance for your support and above all for your trek style! ;)

Balint

Post by Balint » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi,

now I see the problem: the MOD author decided to support prosilver based styles only. Since my LCARS style is based on subsilver2 (the default style known from the "old" phpBB2) the instructions will not work. The authors state here that they won't support subsilver (based styles). Sorry...

Regards,
Bálint

romanmike

Post by romanmike » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Balint wrote:Hi,

now I see the problem: the MOD author decided to support prosilver based styles only. Since my LCARS style is based on subsilver2 (the default style known from the "old" phpBB2) the instructions will not work. The authors state here that they won't support subsilver (based styles). Sorry...

Regards,
Bálint
What a pity!
Thanks a lot anyway, Balint!

P.S.
Even if I like very much the Lcars 2 style, I wonder if you're planning to release a new version of the style ... for example a version with rounded corners. :-)

Thanks again and have a nice week-end!

Nomad2004

Re: [Release] LCARS (StarTrek like) for phpBB 3.0.10

Post by Nomad2004 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:02 am

Hi there. I am trying to modiy your LCARS Style in a "Terran Empire" fashion, I will post the final result (or creature, lol) here if you don't mind.

Thanks for the excellent work you've done for us trekkies of the world… :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”