Click here if you use the mChat MOD & Supernova
Style Name: Supernova
Author: Christian 2.0
Style Version: 1.0.1
phpBB Version: 3.0.8 (latest version)
Description: Supernova originally started as an "experiment" to see how jQuery could enhance a phpBB3 Style. Following "behind closed doors" feedback I've decided to develop it into a full style and release it. It is a clean and simplistic style, with some unique features such as an AJAX colour switcher and Drag & Drop categories (both supported by cookies). It also comes with a configuration file which the Administrator can use to quickly: Enable / Disable an "Author" column in viewforum, or quickly choose whether the avatars in viewtopic should be on the left or right. The config file also contains several options related to the colour switcher and draggable categories feature.
Demo: Click for Demo
Support this Style:
This style is Free. Donations are optional, but appreciated.
Download: Download Supernova.zip (807kb)
.psds: Download Supernova psds (261kb)
Using the config file is simple. The config file itself explains what each option does. All you need to do is open: /styles/supernova/template/sn_config.html
To turn an option either on or off, all you need to do is edit the "0" to "1", or vice-versa. All of the options are enabled by default, but let's say I'm the Administrator and don't want people to be able to change the skin colour. Just open the config file (sn_config.html), find:
Code: Select all
<!-- DEFINE $SN_COLOUR_SWITCHER = '1' -->
Code: Select all
<!-- DEFINE $SN_COLOUR_SWITCHER = '0' -->
Admin Panel -> Styles Tab -> Style Components -> Templates ->Supernova -> Refresh
Things you should know:
- Language specific buttons will not change to their respective languages on any colour other than the default. If you're unhappy about this, I suggest disabling the colour-switcher feature.
- There is currently no way to change the style's default colour.
- Other colours (Orange, Hot Pink, Purple and Grey) may be available in the future.
- A seperate "dark" version of the style may be available in the future.
- This style does not, and never will support fluid width.
- MODs should install fine on this style. There should be no need to edit the colour-specific stylesheets in /theme/colours/ .
- The style was designed and coded using a High-Contrast HD monitor. Consequently some of the colour blending may look a little "off".
- With regard to bugs, bug-fixes will only be implemented with each style-release. Styles are only updated when phpBB updates. For example if you find a bug in the 3.0.7 release of the style, it won't be implemented until phpBB releases v 3.0.8.
If you don't have Photoshop, don't know someone who has or don't have the Myriad Pro light font...you may request a custom logo in this topic. Please be aware that I will only change text, and will not add additional site logos, emblems, etc to the logo. You must also post a link to your board if you'd like a custom logo made.
Feel free to post bugs and comments, thanks. Enjoy the style!