[Release] proBoot v.2.0 - phpBB theme based on Bootstrap

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Suggested Hosts
shibulijack

Re: [Release] proBoot - phpBB theme based on Bootstrap

Post by shibulijack »

nextgen wrote: ..but the style not this fact to 3.0.11 :)
I am sorry but I don't quite understand.

darocker077
Name: darocker 077

Post by darocker077 »

Wow! theme looks really good.. looking forward to the final & complete version of this ;)
..:: RoCkInG dUdE ::..
:: MBCS | MCP | MCTS | MCSA
:: GeekLK - Tech in Simplified English

shibulijack

Post by shibulijack »

darocker077 wrote:Wow! theme looks really good.. looking forward to the final & complete version of this ;)
First version of the theme is out. You can download it via GitHub page :)

Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

congratulation this style is phpBB next generation style. :D

i found three think in your style:

1- plz see this pic
http://www.php-bb.ir/pic/images/1501735 ... 318951.png

the forum name is black and the background is black too.

picture of memeber is black too

2- when we received a new private message we cant see that until click on my username in above left in jquery button. can u create a good way to see new private message?

3- may be your style will be beauty if you use shadow-box too in this class row-fluid box
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM

nextgen
Jr. Style Validator
Name: Melvin García

Post by nextgen »

shibulijack wrote:
nextgen wrote: ..but the style not this fact to 3.0.11 :)
I am sorry but I don't quite understand.
I'm sorry, what I meant is that the style will not operate correctly in phpbb 3.0.11
Since the changes in both branches can vary considerably.
メルビン・ガルシア • phpBB Development StylesphpBB Argentina - Soporte en español 🇦🇷

Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

Aha so the version for 3.1 is the same as for 3.0.11 ? If so, I can not download it and I would not recommend anyone to download it. phpBB's styles are not compatible with all previous and next versions even if it looks like they are working fine. phpBB is not like wordpress where you can use the same style in 3.0 and in 3.5

shibulijack

Post by shibulijack »

Kamahl19 wrote:Aha so the version for 3.1 is the same as for 3.0.11 ? If so, I can not download it and I would not recommend anyone to download it.
Before you come to any conclusions, I would recommend you to install it and see for yourself that there are no problems with the style, instead of badmouthing unreasonably.

shibulijack

Post by shibulijack »

Meis2M wrote:congratulation this style is phpBB next generation style. :D

i found three think in your style:

1- plz see this pic
http://www.php-bb.ir/pic/images/1501735 ... 318951.png

the forum name is black and the background is black too.

picture of memeber is black too

2- when we received a new private message we cant see that until click on my username in above left in jquery button. can u create a good way to see new private message?

3- may be your style will be beauty if you use shadow-box too in this class row-fluid box
First of all, thank you :)

1. I was just about the make those changes to the header navbar.
2. I will work on it.
3. I thought of keeping it simple in terms of styling. That's why I didn't use any fancy CSS3 styling. However, I am thinking of adding an optional CSS which would feature some cool CSS customizations.

shibulijack

Post by shibulijack »

nextgen wrote: I'm sorry, what I meant is that the style will not operate correctly in phpbb 3.0.11
Since the changes in both branches can vary considerably.
I understand that both the branches vary considerably but I have tested it thoroughly with 3.0.11 and I don't seem to find any bugs so far. In case there is any major issue, I am ready to backtrack and design it exclusively for 3.0.11.

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

shibulijack wrote:
Kamahl19 wrote:Aha so the version for 3.1 is the same as for 3.0.11 ? If so, I can not download it and I would not recommend anyone to download it.
Before you come to any conclusions, I would recommend you to install it and see for yourself that there are no problems with the style, instead of badmouthing unreasonably.
I dont need to download and install it. I know there are problems and I can show you some.. I am looking to 3.1 prosilver right now. There are some ajax functions which are not supported by 3.0.11.

The first file I compared is viewtopic_body.html . In 3.0.11 there is

Code: Select all

<!-- IF PAGINATION -->
but in 3.1 there is

<!-- IF .pagination -->
There are other changes in viewtopic_body.html too.

Next, I opened index_body.html. In 3.0.11

<!-- IF BIRTHDAY_LIST -->{L_CONGRATULATIONS}: <strong>{BIRTHDAY_LIST}</strong><!-- ELSE -->{L_NO_BIRTHDAYS}<!-- ENDIF -->
In 3.1

<!-- IF .birthdays -->{L_CONGRATULATIONS}{L_COLON} <strong><!-- BEGIN birthdays -->{birthdays.USERNAME}<!-- IF birthdays.AGE !== '' --> ({birthdays.AGE})<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF not birthdays.S_LAST_ROW -->, <!-- ENDIF --><!-- END birthdays --></strong><!-- ELSE -->{L_NO_BIRTHDAYS}<!-- ENDIF -->
As you can see, template files are tightly tied with php files and there is not backward compatibility with 3.0.x styles.

darkcloud784

Post by darkcloud784 »

Love the style, but I have one question. Anyway to add boarders on the side, instead of having the entire style scale from one end to the other?

shibulijack

Post by shibulijack »

darkcloud784 wrote:Love the style, but I have one question. Anyway to add boarders on the side, instead of having the entire style scale from one end to the other?
Thank you :)
The theme uses fluid spans. Of course we can make it a grid layout. I will probably add that as an extension soon.

darkcloud784

Post by darkcloud784 »

shibulijack wrote:
darkcloud784 wrote:Love the style, but I have one question. Anyway to add boarders on the side, instead of having the entire style scale from one end to the other?
Thank you :)
The theme uses fluid spans. Of course we can make it a grid layout. I will probably add that as an extension soon.
How would one go about changing that in the current version =D

shibulijack

Post by shibulijack »

darkcloud784 wrote:
How would one go about changing that in the current version =D
A very simple solution would be renaming the "container-fluid" class to "container" and "row-fluid" classes to "row"

shibulijack

Post by shibulijack »

Kamahl19 wrote:
shibulijack wrote:
I dont need to download and install it. I know there are problems and I can show you some.. I am looking to 3.1 prosilver right now. There are some ajax functions which are not supported by 3.0.11.

The first file I compared is viewtopic_body.html . In 3.0.11 there is

<!-- IF PAGINATION -->
but in 3.1 there is

<!-- IF .pagination -->
There are other changes in viewtopic_body.html too.

Next, I opened index_body.html. In 3.0.11

<!-- IF BIRTHDAY_LIST -->{L_CONGRATULATIONS}: <strong>{BIRTHDAY_LIST}</strong><!-- ELSE -->{L_NO_BIRTHDAYS}<!-- ENDIF -->
In 3.1

<!-- IF .birthdays -->{L_CONGRATULATIONS}{L_COLON} <strong><!-- BEGIN birthdays -->{birthdays.USERNAME}<!-- IF birthdays.AGE !== '' --> ({birthdays.AGE})<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF not birthdays.S_LAST_ROW -->, <!-- ENDIF --><!-- END birthdays --></strong><!-- ELSE -->{L_NO_BIRTHDAYS}<!-- ENDIF -->
As you can see, template files are tightly tied with php files and there is not backward compatibility with 3.0.x styles.
Thank you for pointing it out. I have started working on 3.0.11. Will update the repository soon.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”