[Development] Betsy - Bootstrap 3 based theme

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Suggested Hosts
Wardormeur

[Development] Betsy - Bootstrap 3 based theme

Post by Wardormeur »

Hi Folks,
This is a fork of shibulijack's proBoot, that i've been customizing for my community CMS stack (wordpress/phpbb [gallery+feedback+others]) . My goal is to let this theme usable for anyone that only use phpBB.

Author: Wardormeur
Base style: proBoot
Style Version: refers to github
phpBB version: phpBB 3.0.11
Demo: http://tellementnomade.org/forum
Download: https://github.com/Wardormeur/betsy

Features: [creepy pasta]
HTML5
CSS3
Responsive
Fluid Layout and more..

Front page
minimized topic page
alternatives colours that can be easily changed
Notable changes from proboot :
LESS files in order to change easily the colours (Poney version ) & reduce load (1 single css file)
Header optimized regarding the position in your post
Sidebar to always keep in touch with : your favorites / the sticked topics
Globally optimisation of spaces (mobile
For those interested in a full stack : integration of latest Wordpress posts, Piwik shortcode with special vars to know what forum/posts are the most viewed

My todoList for the release will be to :
make sidebar cookiably retractable
see if usable on 3.1
[clean unused CSS if i'm courageous, from base theme & unused bootstrap parts]

Any feedback is, of course, welcome :)
Last edited by Wardormeur on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wardormeur

Re: [Development] Betsy - Bootstrap 3 based theme

Post by Wardormeur »

Fixd screenshots, ironically pictures from nick's gallery doesnt work with the phpbb's [img] tag :mrgreen:
nextgen
Name: Melvin García

Post by nextgen »

There isn't a GitHub Pages site here.
メルビン・ガルシア • nextgen Solutions

Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

Fixd, TY
Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

github repository changed (http://github.com/wardormeur/betsy) , mostly a lot of optimisation have been done in order to make it usable.
A configuration file is to be find in the template folder in order to activate or deactivate some and make some configuration (likely sidebar, social network url, etc) Some are to come, and other like Sidebar_social is not implemented yet, but this is now usable without wordpress (hurray :V)
Same goes for colors & theming : variables (colors) to modify are avaialable in styles\betsy\theme\colorme\less\variables.less Exemples available as (default grey) and (poney) (blue is old and unoptimised so far)
you then need to go to styles/betsy/theme/index.php in order to regenerate the stylesheet : it includes a less compilator that takes care of it all :)
Even though i'm trying to simlpify it, i think that some basic templating knowledge would be welcome in order to get the expected results.
Except some "core" pages (and eventually requirements) and upper display conditions, nothing will be changed in order to go to 3.1
messikecil

Post by messikecil »

Wardormeur wrote:github repository changed (http://github.com/wardormeur/betsy) , mostly a lot of optimisation have been done in order to make it usable.
A configuration file is to be find in the template folder in order to activate or deactivate some and make some configuration (likely sidebar, social network url, etc) Some are to come, and other like Sidebar_social is not implemented yet, but this is now usable without wordpress (hurray :V)
Same goes for colors & theming : variables (colors) to modify are avaialable in styles\betsy\theme\colorme\less\variables.less Exemples available as (default grey) and (poney) (blue is old and unoptimised so far)
you then need to go to styles/betsy/theme/index.php in order to regenerate the stylesheet : it includes a less compilator that takes care of it all :)
Even though i'm trying to simlpify it, i think that some basic templating knowledge would be welcome in order to get the expected results.
Except some "core" pages (and eventually requirements) and upper display conditions, nothing will be changed in order to go to 3.1
is there english version?
Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

Even though i have cleaned it in a way it's sortoff suitable for other website, it's not english based, no. ALso, as we are migrating to 3.1, there will probably, won't be changes to the 3.0 version.
Sorry /:

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”