[Release] Strike for PhpBB3 RC3

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Anti-Spam Guide
Dark Frost

[Release] Strike for PhpBB3 RC3

Post by Dark Frost » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:10 pm

Style Author: Frost
Style Name: Strike

Style phpBB version: phpBB 3.0 RC1
Style version: 3.1.0

Screenshot:
Click for larger view

Style Demo: http://www.black-fusion.com/forum/index.php?style=6
Style Download: http://www.black-fusion.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=9&t=42

Style is now available in several colors to choose from!

The team has made some color variations of the original Strike 2.0.

Strike Lime: http://www.black-fusion.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=9&t=43

Strike Blue: http://www.black-fusion.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=9&t=45

Strike Red: http://www.black-fusion.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=9&t=44

Strike Plumb: http://www.black-fusion.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=9&t=46

Strike Orange: Coming Soon!

Edit: updated the file with new header, footer, menu, bug fixes v:2.0.0
Edit: updated the file with domain name changes, removed extra images, included psds v:1.3.0
Edit: updated the file with screen resolution bug fix v:1.2.0
Edit: updated with "Who's Online" color fix v:1.0.0

Black and yellow theme inspired by counterstrike
Last edited by Dark Frost on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:18 am, edited 9 times in total.

voyager1337

Re: [Release] Strike for PhpBB3 RC1

Post by voyager1337 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:51 pm

Great theme Dark Frost in fact its one of the best released so far in my opinion :)

voyager1337

Post by voyager1337 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:29 pm

I noticed you have the buttons at the top on the demo but this doesn't work on the download version. How do you get the download version to work this way ?

NeilUK

Post by NeilUK » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:02 pm

Surely the download should be available without logging into your forum if you are advertising it here?

FanShoot

Post by FanShoot » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:18 pm

Surely the download should be available without logging into your forum if you are advertising it here?
I agree! But thats what people do to try to pick up new registered users. Its not that hard to host the .zip or .rar and place the link.

bbrian017

Post by bbrian017 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:43 pm

Just sign up and get the style, the guy worked hard on it. Sometimes I swear...

Dark Frost

Post by Dark Frost » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:53 pm

voyager1337 wrote:Great theme Dark Frost in fact its one of the best released so far in my opinion :)
Thanks! It's the first for me so far :D
voyager1337 wrote:I noticed you have the buttons at the top on the demo but this doesn't work on the download version. How do you get the download version to work this way ?
Well, I did that menu afterwards and it is just one image. The reason I did not make one for the theme is because the image has my links. I would be glad to include one in the download package, or offer it here as an add-on, but what would you all want the links to say by default? I say this because like I said, it's one graphic with hard-designed (just made it up to replace hard-coded :P) menu links that cannot be changed without changing the image itself. I have learned from experience that including a menu like this only brings a thousand questions on how to change it. So... if you all want the menu, give me a good default set of menu "words" and I will make it and release it here. You can change the actual links all you want, just not the words on the menu.
NeilUK wrote:Surely the download should be available without logging into your forum if you are advertising it here?
I was pm'd about this by a staff member here and I am fixing this immediately, I did not know you had to sign up to view the styles. As far as signing up to download, I didn't know it would be a big deal as I have removed every sort of email validation and all, just had to put in a name and pass and you're there lol. Anyway, I will change the permissions to make it so you don't have to be anything on my board to view or download, was just trying to monitor my themes. As I recall, many past theme sites worked the same way :P
FanShoot wrote:I agree! But thats what people do to try to pick up new registered users. Its not that hard to host the .zip or .rar and place the link.
Will fix it, sorry :)
bbrian017 wrote:Just sign up and get the style, the guy worked hard on it. Sometimes I swear...
:)), you must be a designer too lol. Thanks for the encouragement but that's too much to ask now-a-days :D

Da Undead

Post by Da Undead » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:22 pm

10/10 on animated images!
6/10 on layout.. c'mon another phpBB 2.x layout :p
Create your very own MMORPG, click picture above!

Dark Frost

Post by Dark Frost » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:31 pm

Da Undead wrote:10/10 on animated images!
Thanks, you know someone else said that too, I don't understand it, but ok lol
Perhaps you could explain the difference? I take it you're basing your comparison on prosilver? Don't even get me started :) :lol:

What would you want to see as far as themes to make them a bit more "phpbb3"?

FanShoot

Post by FanShoot » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:37 pm

Oh comon!!! phpbb2? why because it has 90 degree corners? Rubish!!

Frost its a very nice template. Your layout is just as good as your images. Nice job keep up the great work. Also get them links up bud ;)

Dark Frost

Post by Dark Frost » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:40 pm

Well, I just got griped at by some designers on my board about letting guest's download. What a tug-of-war :|

They say that it takes less than 10 seconds to sign up, and shows them respect and let's them know how popular each one is. They also pointed me to the rules/guidelines here for submitting styles and told me it says nothing about downloads requiring registration. After I looked, I guess they are right.
Links to demo's should point directly to the demo forum, not the generic website of the author. Also, registration should not be required to view styles.
I will have to get the styles team leaders opinion on this, but I'm afraid they do not want me to list here if that is indeed the case.

Sorry everyone :(

Edit: Well I just had an idea, Strike theme is mine, and I don't care who can download it lol
Since I can't let guests just download my stuff and not theirs, I will try to submit Strike to the theme db here instead, that way everybody wins! Right?

Dark Frost

Post by Dark Frost » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:47 pm

FanShoot wrote:
Oh comon!!! phpbb2? why because it has 90 degree corners? Rubish!!

Frost its a very nice template. Your layout is just as good as your images. Nice job keep up the great work. Also get them links up bud ;)
Thanks! I agree, I'm still confused and unaware that there was a global posted difference between the two? So far I have seen only one official phpbb3 style, and that is prosilver. To tell you the truth I don't like it lol. When I hear what people want in a theme to make it more phpbb3 I will be more than glad to fix you up, until then, I'm just ignorant of the meaning :D

And.. what links? lol

voyager1337

Post by voyager1337 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:08 am

Just noticed a miner issue hopefully you can give us a fix for. The font size & background is the same colour so cannot be seen until you highlight the option

Dark Frost

Post by Dark Frost » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:42 am

voyager1337 wrote:Just noticed a miner issue hopefully you can give us a fix for. The font size & background is the same colour so cannot be seen until you highlight the option
Do you mean font color? if so which font is it?

Or do you mean when you want to select the font size while posting? I need some more information.

Meanwhile, I will go check the style

Dark Frost

Post by Dark Frost » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:47 am

Ok, I see what you mean, the font color on the select box for font size whilst posting is the same color as it's background.

To fix this:

Open styles/Strike/theme/stylesheet.css

Find:

Code: Select all

.gensmall {
	margin: 1px 1px;
	font-size: 1em;
	color: #fff;
}
After, Add:

Code: Select all

select.gensmall {