[Realase] WoW style

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Get Involved
Dancuk

[Realase] WoW style

Post by Dancuk »

I have created this style using 2 styles that were posted here, and created my own wow style.
Havent got a download for it yet, but if anyone would like it then let me know and ill sort it.

Demo link http://www.kinsmen.org.uk/forum

ok heres a download link

Gonna post it as a beta for time being, let me know of any bugs.

Download link http://www.kinsmen.org.uk/downloads/wowstyle_1.zip
Last edited by Dancuk on Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cyberken

Re: WoW style

Post by cyberken »

Very nice style :)
If you could make it 100% width id definately use it on my WoW forums :)

Dancuk

Post by Dancuk »

should be just a matter of changing the .css to suit your needs, will have to have a mess about with the logo though if you want same stlye, can provide you with the psd for logo. Ill zip it up for you and post the download link.

sarama

Post by sarama »

I would most certainly like this forum, given its design it could be used with many MMO's, being it does not specifically use WoW screenshots in the banner, though i think the use of the griffons is quite nice

taki-cool

Post by taki-cool »

Very nice style ;)

Dancuk

Re: [Realase] WoW style

Post by Dancuk »

ok changing post to release, as havent had any reports of bugs or complications, but please if anyone has any let me know.

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

nice black style

Dancuk

Post by Dancuk »

Currently working on another wider style, but am having some probs, disregard the menu box's around the main field on this link http://www.kinsmen.org/new/wow/temptest.htm , as the wont be in the final version but may add them in a portal style, problem im having is finding the right file to place large rectangle in the middle to go around the forum.
Last edited by Dancuk on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbrian017

Post by bbrian017 »

looks great one of the best WoW styes I have ever seen Congratulations

Megaman X Gold

Post by Megaman X Gold »

First of all, you may want to rename your topic to [Release] instead of [Realase]

Second, I really like the first one, though for the logo the light source is inconsistent and confuses the eyes a little. Maybe horizontally flip the top or bottom half (above or below the griffins) so that the light source seems to be coming from either the left or the right.

Thirdly, the new style looks really nice at 1280 width, but when I shrink my window smaller it breaks down fast and easy. At least for the header, make the griffins PNGs with transparent backgrounds so that when you resize, if the griffins overlap the center graphic they'll overlap smoothly without causing too much of a graphical ruckus. And of course modify the rest of the header to be resizable, which should be pretty easy (at least if you were designing a normal page, not sure how that translates for phpbb).

But all in all, I really like the look and I think you're doing a great job. So keep it up!

Dancuk

Re: [Release] WoW style

Post by Dancuk »

I understand about the second, I was just making a quick example for people to see and answer my post about the middle box, and haven't done much work there apart from place images, the header was just a simple jpg, have all the elements of the image in psd so will adjust the header to accommodate the different window sizes, and yes I thought the light source maybe noticeable as the top is a mirror image of the bottom so will make the adjustments you suggest. Thanks for your informative post and hope you enjoy the finished product

Ovoid

Post by Ovoid »

A very nice skin with a lot of potential , I would certainly be interested in using this skin as a basis for our planned move to PhpBB 3.0

Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

Great job so far, any updates on this?
Thanks!

kapli

Post by kapli »

Code: Select all

The requested URL /forum was not found on this server.

trevex

Post by trevex »

Can you fix your space or can anyone reupload it anywhere?

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”