[Realase] WoW style

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Ideas Centre
kaper dk

Re: [Realase] WoW style

Post by kaper dk »

Hmm it has a bug at Reply thingy, every time you try to post a reply or post a topic it says (Inavild Sumbit form)
Any idea what this could be?

Kind regards, Kaper
SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR »

Yes I noticed that today, in IE6 the banner is off to the left a bit.

As for the problem you are having kaper. You should download the second link that is within this threa on page 5.
kaper dk

Post by kaper dk »

tried what you said but it still say: The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Moonclaw

Post by Moonclaw »

Dancuk wrote:I have created this style using 2 styles that were posted here, and created my own wow style.
Hi,

Would you mind editing overall_footer and adding references to the other styles from which you've copy-pasted a big part of your work ? For my part :
WoWMoonclaw : http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=549283
WoWMaevahEmpire : http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=552199

But of course it would be better if you do so for any other work that inspired you and add Blizzard Entertainment's credits somewhere as well.

Otherwise, I have no problem with that, just that when I create something I try to credit everyone who participated. But I like when it's reciprocal.

Thanks,
Maëvah/Moonclaw
ex-Moonclaw (aka Maëvah but I think I lost her keys on phpbb.com)
World of Warcraft videos, World of Warcraft phpBB / EQDKP styles / templates
Dancuk

Post by Dancuk »

in response to moonclaw's post, Id be more than happy to acknowledge your work in my templete, it will be updated with a note at the footer in the next update, and a big thnx for your hard work also as I am a big fan of your styles and appreciate the amount of effort and hard work you must put in.
Moonclaw

Post by Moonclaw »

Thank you. When you're done with that, don't hesitate to post here : http://phpbb2.wowcr.net/
ex-Moonclaw (aka Maëvah but I think I lost her keys on phpbb.com)
World of Warcraft videos, World of Warcraft phpBB / EQDKP styles / templates
Caoimhean

Post by Caoimhean »

I just checked mine in IE as well and it's the same - does anyone know which file you're supposed to edit to change that front page? I can't seem to find the proper one...
WikingDK

Post by WikingDK »

Well Kaper dk - I had the same error back when I used the old version of the skin. Now that I use the new version I have no technical problems anymore. Do you really use the new download version on a 3.0.0 ?

Its strange about the banner problem, it seems that its only in some versions of explorer it happends. I use Firefox at home, and I have no problem :)

I have 2 other questions.

1. Is it possible to change the colors of the text in the forum (i would like it to be white) its the text people use in post I mean.

2. Is there a solution to make the forum and all adjust, when people are using other screen resolutions than the one the forum are made for?
Regards
Wiking....
Kristas360

Post by Kristas360 »

In installed this style and it has locked down my forum. I have tried everything I can to get rid of it, but it just won't go. I've tried resetting it in phpmyadmin and doing a php rest. Nothing works, and this template still plagues my forum.

Does anyone know a sure-fire way I can just get rid of this thing?
~ Krista in Canada
Dancuk

Post by Dancuk »

as a response to kristas, one thing I could suggest atm as Im still trying to sort out the bugs is to over right the wow style directory with a theme that is more tested and works ok.
Kristas360

Post by Kristas360 »

It's impossible to override the template if I can't get into my admin panel.

Is there a way to override the template without going into the admin panel interface?

I tried changing some settings in phpmyadmin, but that didn't work. I tried the script, that didn't work.

Can you edit some config files or anything?
~ Krista in Canada
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra »

Do something like:

Code: Select all

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/index.php?style=1
This will work provided that you are logged in as an administrator and have more than just this style installed.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)
Kristas360

Post by Kristas360 »

Thatbitextra wrote:Do something like:

Code: Select all

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/index.php?style=1
This will work provided that you are logged in as an administrator and have more than just this style installed.
Thank you thank you!!!! This looks like it might work. I could just give you a big ole giant hug, and a fat cookie!!! You rock!!!
~ Krista in Canada
SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR »

Hope milk comes with it.

Oddly enough when I tried upgrading to the new layout it wouldn't work. I was using it on a demo board...I had to uninstall phpBB completely and then put ti back before the style worked properly.
Caoimhean

Post by Caoimhean »

I've been trying to find the file that holds the code for the "main_logo" - but with no luck...brining up page source on it doesn't help as this is all obviously php files with various includes.

Anyone know specifically which file it is?

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”