[Release] proBlack for phpBB 3.0 RC3 - RC4

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Get Involved
leewells

[Release] proBlack for phpBB 3.0 RC3 - RC4

Post by leewells » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:53 am

Style Name: proBlack
Style Version: BETA
Style Demo: DEMO
Style Download: DOWNLOAD

ScreenShot

Description:
This style is a cross between our Divine Black (based on the subBlack theme for pre-Olympus) and ProSilver.

Notes:
Hello all, I have developed a few styles over the past few months, I have released them at http://www.Olympus-Mods.DivineReapers.org if you would like to have a look around. Let me know if there is anything that can be improved on. proBlack is still in very heavy development at the moment though.

I'm keeping up with versioning and all the other goodies there.
Last edited by leewells on Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frodosringfinger

Re: [Release] proBlack for phpBB 3.0 RC3

Post by Frodosringfinger » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:34 pm

Theres already a style named this.

Helter Skelter

Post by Helter Skelter » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:56 am

im sure you put alot of hard work into the theme, and it looks good, but with the advent of a new phpbb version, dont you think you should make your own folders and buttons? I personally feel that Daz should be able to return and port his themes without having his images already used on other ppls themes. I understand that he has been gone awhile, but the rumor was that one of the reasons he gave up forumimages.com was because ppl were using his images without giving him credit. I hope you will at least give credit where credit is due. other than that, nice theme ;)

leewells

Post by leewells » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:38 am

Frodosringfinger wrote:Theres already a style named this.
No sorry there isn't, from phpBB's Search and Google's Search, there is nothing but requests for someone to create a proBlack.
Helter Skelter wrote:im sure you put alot of hard work into the theme, and it looks good, but with the advent of a new phpbb version, dont you think you should make your own folders and buttons? I personally feel that Daz should be able to return and port his themes without having his images already used on other ppls themes. I understand that he has been gone awhile, but the rumor was that one of the reasons he gave up forumimages.com was because ppl were using his images without giving him credit. I hope you will at least give credit where credit is due. other than that, nice theme ;)
The icons, if you notice aren't the exact same =) Actually some have been so heavily modified they aren't the same icons at all. They have been heavily cleaned up, and reworked. For the most part, the only two icons that can be really claimed as his is the regular old post read and post unread. The rest, such as sub forums, stickies, etc, have been reworked and reshaded.

Pingspike

Post by Pingspike » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:11 pm

Say what now?
The topic icons look farmiliar, are they from phpBB2 ?
|| phpBB3 Style [ BlackDiamond ] Download :: Official Thread ||
|| EurekaPC.Net :: Creators Website ||

Frodosringfinger

Post by Frodosringfinger » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:05 pm

Theres already a style released called proBlack:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... probl%40ck

And read the post above me, I agree.

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:01 pm

nice look style ;)

we need some styles with white colours ;)

leewells

Post by leewells » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:02 am

Pingspike wrote:Say what now?
The topic icons look farmiliar, are they from phpBB2 ?
Those two styles maybe greyscale based but they are no where simular other than that.

yes those topic icons are from phpBB2, we have given credit to subBlack for the post icons, as it was said before the author went "poof" "If you can improve my work, have at it". We did just that, but again gave him due credit to his style.

ProBlack is a cross between Divine Black (developed and released in beta 5) and ProSilver. Take a look at our versioning logs and check area 51 as the admins there got pretty pissed when I posted links to a style for beta.

I mean come on, you saying that proBlack is a rip off of Black Diamond is to say Black Diamond is a rip off of subBlack or even ProSilver. However I have stated that our unoriginal style is a modified conversion to phpBB 3 of subBlack, thats stated in the install files and in my original post above ^^, and again credit is given, it was also said that proBlack is a cross between Divine Black and ProSilver. This is an open source community, the idea is to share, improve, and publish work, hence the GNU/GPL, in compliance with that, we have given these authors respective credits in the work, however I didn't see the same from your style.
Description:
This style is a cross between our Divine Black (based on the subBlack theme for pre-Olympus) and ProSilver.
In short, "Black Diamond" is NOT proBlack

To clear the air, none of our graphics, css, or otherwise, layouts were dirrived from your works in Black Diamond, again where they were derived from has credit given.

And read the post above me, I agree.
Theres already a style released called proBlack:
*sigh* Thats ProBl@ck and would also be why it did not pop up on the search when I searched very diligently to find a style name for the style. The copyright has been already set at our local courthouse here and registered Problack there as well, not much I can do about it now unless you would like to call them and dispute the name if you would, I'll gladly give you the number, though there were some works already named ProB1ack out there and they still allowed the copyright.

May I suggest on future releases that you specify "ProBl@ck (PROBLACK)" for the search engines?

Frodosringfinger

Post by Frodosringfinger » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:23 am

Are you saying you had the phrase proBlack copyrighted? If so, I doubt it. It would be kind of you to rename the style. The simple substitution of the character @ for a should not be too hard to comprehend.

Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Post by Phil » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:25 am

Even if you did, as Frodosfinger can prove prior creative use, the copyright can be voided anyway.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

leewells

Post by leewells » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:30 am

Frodosringfinger

Post by Frodosringfinger » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:47 am

You linked us to something called subBlack and it was considered spam so they removed your demo, or whatever. Why dont you just edit the name of this topic as there is already a style called proBlack released.

Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Post by Phil » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:50 am

If you really want to start fighting regarding prior creative work, this should essentially seal the deal. Note the date.

As for the name dispute, I do admit it is confusing and have no idea what the policy here is regarding similar names. If there is one, I have the feeling it is in favor of Frodosfinger.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:58 am

You can name your style whatever you like. Can we get this back on topic.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)

Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:03 am

Helter Skelter wrote:im sure you put alot of hard work into the theme, and it looks good, but with the advent of a new phpbb version, dont you think you should make your own folders and buttons? I personally feel that Daz should be able to return and port his themes without having his images already used on other ppls themes. I understand that he has been gone awhile, but the rumor was that one of the reasons he gave up forumimages.com was because ppl were using his images without giving him credit. I hope you will at least give credit where credit is due. other than that, nice theme ;)
Yepz thats true, but for my ported theme fisubice its a credit for al the hard work that daz have done ;)
Cost my hard and pain to make the other images without a psd file correctly :D
But personally i don't think daz coming back, at least not soon , so far as i now his phpBB work history.

But where can we download your style?
When i want to download your style as guest i get:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maby change the guest permission that the guest can download 8-)

But so far as i can see nice style very nice done :mrgreen:

~ Raimon
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me for fair prices and good service!

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”