[STYLEDB] proFormell v1.0.2 (phpBB3 3.0.2)

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Scam Warning
ameeck
Former Team Member

Re: [Release] proFormell v1.0.0 beta 1 (phpBB3 3.0.1)

Post by ameeck »

In my opinion its hardly the same, proGray is more or less just recolored prosilver, proFormell brings a lot more elements to the style.

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Re: [Release] proFormell v1.0.0 beta 1 (phpBB3 3.0.1)

Post by Marc »

Don't know how this looks like proGrey. Anyhow, thanks ameeck.
Last edited by Marc on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: [Release] proFormell v1.0.0 (phpBB3 3.0.2)

Post by Marc »

Updated to version 1.0.0 since no bugs were found:
- minor edits
- updated to be phpBB 3.0.2 compliant

Feedback would be appreciated ;)

Bullfn33

Post by Bullfn33 »

marc1706 wrote:Updated to version 1.0.0 since no bugs were found:
- minor edits
- updated to be phpBB 3.0.2 compliant

Feedback would be appreciated ;)
I just started looking for a style today and thought I would have a tough time. Not too long into the search I came across this one and I'm most likely going to use it with your link. I like it a lot and it matches my website's theme pretty well. Thanks so much for this! :D

One question: Which file would I edit to change the phpbb3 default font style in this template? Thanks again!

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

Thank you.

If you want to change the default font then you should open /theme/common.css and edit the following:

around line 19

Code: Select all

font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
around line 30

font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
around line 42

around line 55

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
around line 68

font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, Sans-serif;
That should do it.

Bullfn33

Post by Bullfn33 »

marc1706 wrote:Thank you.

If you want to change the default font then you should open /theme/common.css and edit the following:

around line 19

font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
around line 30

around line 42

around line 55

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
around line 68

font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, Sans-serif;
That should do it.
Great! Thanks again!

Bullfn33

Post by Bullfn33 »

I cannot get the font styles to change using the file you suggested. The forum titles, topic titles and post titles still show the default font styles. The only thing that would change was the header titles when you click inside a forum or message. Is there another file to try for this?

I would also like to change the forum, topic and post background colors from the blue-ish gray to a lighter color. What files do I need to access to change the background colors? Thanks for the help

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

If you want to change the colours of the forum, you should probably look at this topic as proFormell is based on prosilver: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=926045

For changing the font you should also change it in content.css, forms.css, and links.css. As I never changed the font of my forum I can't tell you what else you have to change, you just have to keep looking through the files. A software like Notepad++ might help you with that.

Bullfn33

Post by Bullfn33 »

Thanks for the link. I got it all pretty much figured out. One more question I have. If you wanted to change the width of the entire forum, do you just change the width of the bg_body.gif? or is there something else?

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

What width were you thinking about? Since the whole board is a fixed with, the header background is also fixed. It is an image with the exact width. If you use a different width you either have to use a different image or modify header_bg.png.

For changing the width you need to change several things:

Open colours.css
Find:

.headerbar {
	background-color: #FFFFFF;
	background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/header_bg.png");
	width: 850px;
	height: 150px;
	min-width: 635px;
	color: #FFFFFF;
}
And change it to your needs.

Find:

.outside {
   margin: 0 auto;
   width : 950px;
   }
Adjust it to your needs.

Open common.css

Find:

#wrap {
	padding: 0 20px;
	width: 862px;
	margin: 0 auto;
	min-width: 650px;
}
Adjust the width.

Please pm me if you have more questions on modifying this style.

terp

Post by terp »

I tried playing with the #wrap and nearly every other line in the css files, but I can't figure out how to control the width; it's too far to the right when I use it wrapped in a Joomla install.

If, however, I simply change the template dropdown in the phpbb3 backend to the default phpbb3, the width fits perfectly wrapped.

Any ideas?

I am doing a black and white news site and it fits perfectly...nice work.

Epick One

Post by Epick One »

WOW nice simple style i like. It look like a Blog type Look. :D

johnnybiggles

Post by johnnybiggles »

Hi Marc,

I'm trying to install the arcade software posted here: [ http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=685225 ], and I'm using this proFormell style for the board. Problem is, the arcade software was designed for use with prosilver and subsilver2. Since proFormell is based on prosilver, and they both basically look the same and use the same basic features, what file/code/style differences other than the styles' main folder names are the differences that would prevent the arcade software from running? I want to make edits to the proFormell files (or the prosilver files.. whichever is easier), then upload them back as 'prosilver' and possibly just redirect the arcade to use the new "prosilver" (where it is actually proFormell files and styles).

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

The code you have to change for proFormell and prosilver should be the same. There are only few template changes, therefore the code changes should all be the same. Just try it out. ;)
Please back up your data before using proFormell, which is what you should always do when you install a MOD or make changes to a MOD.

johnnybiggles

Post by johnnybiggles »

In a different section, I posted this regarding integrating the Arcade links in the header with proFormell. I installed it and the files as recommended and the arcade worked, however:
johnnybiggles wrote:I made the necessary edits to 'memberlist_view.html', 'overall_header.html', and 'viewtopic_body.html' and it put the links in. However, once I did that then refreshed, it put the links in like I wanted, but the main forum area now stretches to the size of the screen, while the header area stays the same? I broke it down to the changes made to the 'overall_header.html' file. The other 2 didn't seem to affect it. Once the new edited version (in overall_header.html) replaces the original and refreshed in the ACP, the forum list expands. Why? The replacement code doesn't seem to have any resizing code that I noticed.... weird :? How can I get it back?
I don't understand why the main forum areas (starting with "It is currently... and "Last visit" on the first row, and "View unanswered posts", "Mark forums read" on the next) would strech after editing 'overall_header'. It ONLY stretches after making the changes in THAT file, which from what I see only adds the links to the header and maybe breadcrumbs... and the header is as it's supposed to be. Any insight as to why this might be happening from the proFormell point of view? Where would I go to resize the main area to match the header?

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”