[ABD] Eve-Online

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Scam Warning
ChaosBurnt

[ABD] Eve-Online

Post by ChaosBurnt »

template removed.
Last edited by Raimon on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Reason: Better title and marked as ABD :).
For everyone's information, the templates I provided are back under the copyright property of the original designer, EidolonHades.

Ryster092
Name: Ryan Spooner

Re: [DEV] Eve-Online for phpBB3 Gold

Post by Ryster092 »

Looking good so far, although would prefer a fixed width design based on proSilver.
Perhaps you could use an existing dark coloured prosilver based theme for a different version of this please?

Our forums are located at http://www.fregecorp.com

For reference you can use graphics of any ships/modules/stations/space backgrounds you like. Any corporation or alliance can own any ships or modules. Just try to stay away from corporation or alliance logos if you can.
Last edited by Ryster092 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xfranc

Post by xfranc »

Hi there mate,

Looking good so far - nice work.

Would like it to be slightly smaller in width - it feels a little bit pushed out to the sides. I would very much like to be able to modify the colours slightly to bring it into line with the corporation killboards, and I imagine a lot of corps would - heres our killboard link :

http://www.eve-arcane.com/killboard

I wouldnt worry about alliance specific - nothing you have used is particular to any one alliance.

Thanks for taking this on.

XFranc

Ryster092

Post by Ryster092 »

Being able to modify the colours to match the killboards are a good idea. Heres ours:

http://www.fregecorp.com/killboard/

MrCoke

Post by MrCoke »

good start.

i have to say that i agree with the guys above me.

and to show you the diffrent style on our killboard:

http://tri.exanimo.org/

xfranc

Post by xfranc »

Slightly OT- MrCoke the killboard latest revision 295 is a lot better than 278 youve got there mate.

Pop over to http://www.eve-dev.net

ChaosBurnt

Post by ChaosBurnt »

Okay, thanks for clearing up my concerns regarding graphics, I will stay well clear of logo's excluding of course the main Eve logo.

I've had a play around with a variant of the Eve-Online style I've made based on the mainsite, I'm going to leave this one as it is. This is because some people will want the 100% look and some will also most likely want the mainsite look. What I'm going to do is finish up this one as is and I will then make an Eve-Online-Kill style, which will follow the reds you have linked to.

I have found one problem width the fixed width layout regarding the logo, although the logo background is the same color as a tiling background gif I experimented with, there is a faintly visible gradient line to the left of the logo gif. Why this is is unclear to me at this time, I can of course use a .png file with a transparent background, which does remove this problem but the file size goes from approx 40kb to a whopping 163kb, this will of course adversely affect load times. I could use the dinosaur .jpg format but we all now how naff the pixel resolution is with jpg's. I'll have to have a think on this and ask around on some graphics sites to see if anyone else has encountered this problem.

I'll link up in this topic when I have a working demo of the Kill variant. :twisted:
For everyone's information, the templates I provided are back under the copyright property of the original designer, EidolonHades.

xfranc

Post by xfranc »

Thanks mate - appreciate your efforts.

ChaosBurnt

Re: [Release] Eve-Online for phpBB3 Gold

Post by ChaosBurnt »

Basic Eve-Online style released.

Will start on the killboard variants tomorrow. ;)

Ryster092

Post by Ryster092 »

Something to keep in mind, not all killboards are red. Ours is based on the same software but is blue. Can you make a skin where the colour scheme is easily changeable please?

ChaosBurnt

Post by ChaosBurnt »

Ryster092 wrote:Something to keep in mind, not all killboards are red. Ours is based on the same software but is blue. Can you make a skin where the colour scheme is easily changeable please?
Don't worry mate, I read your initial post and visited your site link, the killboard variant will have .psd files for all graphics. Sadly mate I don't do prosilver based styles, I hate working with prosilver. There will already be red & blue color variants in the .psd files, but all people will need to do is open each .psd and alter the hue of one layer to suit their own specific killboard color setup, some .css alterations will be required for colours outside of red & blue, I will include a .css for both red & blue variants in the zipfile.
Hope this helps ;)

:twisted: ChaosBurnt :twisted:

xfranc

Post by xfranc »

Great mate! Thanks

ChaosBurnt

Post by ChaosBurnt »

The Eve-Online Killboard Red is near completion, there have been numerous graphic changes, including the logo and some minor changes to topic icons.

it can be pre-viewed here:
http://chaosburnt.com/phpbb3testsite/index.php

ChaosBurnt

Post by ChaosBurnt »

Support for the Killboard styles will not be held here as they will not be open access styles to prevent non-Eve-Online users from accessing these styles. I will make these Killboard styles available to genuine Eve-Online Killboard owners only, makes them more unique to your communities. I cannot continue support here for the Killboard styles as this is against the rules here as they will not be open access.

The standard Eve-Online style will remain open access.

xfranc

Post by xfranc »

Thats a good idea Chaos thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”