Page 5 of 55

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:49 pm
by seasalt dreams
Does anyone here know what file this would be?
Lifer wrote: then you will have to research which file is controlling the template that is being used.

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:33 pm
by Marc
Do you have other styles than VistaX installed on your Board?
If yes, try accessing your board like this:

Code: Select all

http://www.xyz.com/index.php?style=1
This is just a random website and ignore the space in the http. ;) If style=1 displays you VistaX try style=2 and so on.
Then you will be able to access your ACP or UCP.

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:36 pm
by Lifer
Outstanding!!

Thanks marc1706 !! :D

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:51 pm
by seasalt dreams
Once again, I have no problems accessing my ADMIN control panel. It is ONLY my UCP I cannot access. AND, I can access it no problem on every other template, its only vistaX I cannot.

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:13 am
by jrolson
seasalt dreams wrote:Once again, I have no problems accessing my ADMIN control panel. It is ONLY my UCP I cannot access. AND, I can access it no problem on every other template, its only vistaX I cannot.
Try clearing your browsers cache, most likely the old css is still stored there.

and turn off caching in load settings by turning it to yes,
Image

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:56 am
by seasalt dreams
I have cleared all caches a few times, still nothing.

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:13 am
by seasalt dreams
..and it gets worse. I just cleared board cookies from the index page, and now I have lost access to the admin control panel as well as the UCP :(

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:31 am
by oshawapilot
I just installed this (completely fresh install) and am experiencing the jumpbox issue still - identical to the standard "Vista" theme. (See my responses in the other thread)

Again, I confirmed the issue still exists across 3 browsers - Camino, Firefox, and Safari. (Mac)

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:07 am
by Lifer
@jrolson - I am sooooo happy!!

I uninstalled version 1.0.2 and removed it from my server

Then I downloaded, uploaded and reinstalled version 1.0.3

Everything works perfect for me!!

Just a thought regarding people that may be having problems...

If the ftp download or upload hangs or quits, it is possible that a file is corrupted.

If there is that possibility (I think that happened to me) be sure to do a complete new fresh download or upload

Again... jrolson, I think this is the best style ever!!

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:11 pm
by jrolson
Thanks Lifer,
Good to hear everything works.

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:37 pm
by seasalt dreams
Wish I could have been so lucky, I really love the vista style, but after all the trouble I had with it, I wont be touching it again.
Lifer wrote:@jrolson - I am sooooo happy!!

I uninstalled version 1.0.2 and removed it from my server

Then I downloaded, uploaded and reinstalled version 1.0.3

Everything works perfect for me!!

Just a thought regarding people that may be having problems...

If the ftp download or upload hangs or quits, it is possible that a file is corrupted.

If there is that possibility (I think that happened to me) be sure to do a complete new fresh download or upload

Again... jrolson, I think this is the best style ever!!

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:12 pm
by oshawapilot
Lifer wrote:If there is that possibility (I think that happened to me) be sure to do a complete new fresh download or upload
I suspected that when I had problems with the other Vista (non-x) style, but when I freshly uploaded this VistaX style I knew it was impossible that this was the issue, yet the offset jumpbox issue persists.

Sadly unless this is remedied in the next 24 hours or so I won't be using this as my default forum template once I'm done with my Christmas-themed one.

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:36 pm
by jrolson
So how many people are still having this jumpbox issue?

I tried 4 other PC's and do not see this problem anymore.

oshawapilot, Do you have this installed somewhere so I can look at it? If so where?

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:42 pm
by oshawapilot
jrolson wrote:oshawapilot, Do you have this installed somewhere so I can look at it? If so where?
I'll PM you an address. Give me a few.

Re: [Release] VistaX 1.0.3 (phpBB 3.0.0)

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:29 pm
by seasalt dreams
Just an update on my issues, it seems the original d/l I got of vista musta been corrupted somehow as I came back here, re-downloaded it, and its working perfectly fine now :) ... Awsome style, I like it alot!

Thanks