[Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.12)

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Ideas Centre
Locked
Lumic
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.9)

Post by Lumic » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks for your response.

I wonder if there is any way for me to work around this before the next release if possible? I don't mind waiting for the homepage etc. to work but I'd just really like to get the main thread view working as soon as I can.

If you had any ideas on how I could work around it I'd be very, very interested to hear them!

On an unrelated note - is there any way to edit what is shown when users click the orb? I've searched through many of the files and still can't find a way. I'd like to remove the reference to 'view my posts' there and put a couple of links of my own in, to make the forum more relevant, if possible. Thanks!

User avatar
jrolson
Registered User
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:53 am
Location: U.S.

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.9)

Post by jrolson » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:14 am

Lumic wrote:Thanks for your response.

I wonder if there is any way for me to work around this before the next release if possible? I don't mind waiting for the homepage etc. to work but I'd just really like to get the main thread view working as soon as I can.

If you had any ideas on how I could work around it I'd be very, very interested to hear them!

On an unrelated note - is there any way to edit what is shown when users click the orb? I've searched through many of the files and still can't find a way. I'd like to remove the reference to 'view my posts' there and put a couple of links of my own in, to make the forum more relevant, if possible. Thanks!
I have made a solution but it needs some more testing then it should be released shortly.

For the orb content,
In overall_header.html

Find,

Code: Select all

<div class="startmisc">
Content is below...

pkScary
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:20 am

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.9)

Post by pkScary » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:29 am

Hey guys,

Love the Aero theme sooooo much. Looks amazing and the functionality is great. Got a few questions though.

First off, where can I sticky a topic from Aero? Can't see it.

Secondly, my Mini-Chat isn't functioning with Aero as I'd like. I'm using the latest version of jQuery, and I think everything was installed correctly, but apparently they weren't because Mini-Chat isn't functioning properly. Here's my forum:

http://www.dpcommunity.com/

Now, the button I want to show up on the header does link to Mini-Chat, but it's just text and a logo, and it's offset weirdly. It doesn't have a nice button like the FAQ, Members or Search buttons. Here is the code I used:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_MCHAT_ENABLE and U_MCHAT -->
<a class="squarebutton1" href="{U_MCHAT}"><span><img class="navbaricon" src="{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_members.png" alt="" width="14" height="12" />&nbsp;{L_MCHAT}</span></a><span class="navspacel"></span>
<!-- ENDIF -->
Also, my Mini-Chat mod is messed up. The text isn't formatted nicely, and actually will scroll right to the bottom of the screen if you fill up the messages. Very annoying. If seeing this in action would help, I have Mini-Chat set up with guest permissions here:

http://dpcommunity.com/mchat.php

Thanks in advance for any help you guys are able to provide, I'm almost there with my mods and just need a bit of assistance to finish up.

User avatar
jrolson
Registered User
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:53 am
Location: U.S.

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by jrolson » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:55 pm

*Updated for phpBB 3.0.10

Preema
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by Preema » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:22 am

jrolson wrote:*Updated for phpBB 3.0.10
Thank you very much for the update. I really love this style :D

Stoepsel
Registered User
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:23 am

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by Stoepsel » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:50 am

I think you missed an edit for memberlist_view.html. Here are the instructions for prosilver:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Around Line 87
				<dt>{L_ACTIVE_IN_FORUM}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF ACTIVE_FORUM --><strong><a href="{U_ACTIVE_FORUM}">{ACTIVE_FORUM}</a></strong><br />({ACTIVE_FORUM_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_FORUM_PCT})<!-- ELSE --> - <!-- ENDIF --></dd>
				<dt>{L_ACTIVE_IN_TOPIC}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF ACTIVE_TOPIC --><strong><a href="{U_ACTIVE_TOPIC}">{ACTIVE_TOPIC}</a></strong><br />({ACTIVE_TOPIC_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_TOPIC_PCT})<!-- ELSE --> - <!-- ENDIF --></dd>

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
#
				<dt>{L_ACTIVE_IN_FORUM}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF ACTIVE_FORUM != '' --><strong><a href="{U_ACTIVE_FORUM}">{ACTIVE_FORUM}</a></strong><br />({ACTIVE_FORUM_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_FORUM_PCT})<!-- ELSE --> - <!-- ENDIF --></dd>
				<dt>{L_ACTIVE_IN_TOPIC}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF ACTIVE_TOPIC != '' --><strong><a href="{U_ACTIVE_TOPIC}">{ACTIVE_TOPIC}</a></strong><br />({ACTIVE_TOPIC_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_TOPIC_PCT})<!-- ELSE --> - <!-- ENDIF --></dd>
Note the additional check for "not empty" at IF ACTIVE_FORUM != '' and IF ACTIVE_TOPIC != ''.

For Aero, the affected part is around line 65.

User avatar
jrolson
Registered User
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:53 am
Location: U.S.

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by jrolson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Stoepsel wrote:I think you missed an edit for memberlist_view.html. Here are the instructions for prosilver:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Around Line 87
				<dt>{L_ACTIVE_IN_FORUM}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF ACTIVE_FORUM --><strong><a href="{U_ACTIVE_FORUM}">{ACTIVE_FORUM}</a></strong><br />({ACTIVE_FORUM_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_FORUM_PCT})<!-- ELSE --> - <!-- ENDIF --></dd>
				<dt>{L_ACTIVE_IN_TOPIC}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF ACTIVE_TOPIC --><strong><a href="{U_ACTIVE_TOPIC}">{ACTIVE_TOPIC}</a></strong><br />({ACTIVE_TOPIC_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_TOPIC_PCT})<!-- ELSE --> - <!-- ENDIF --></dd>

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
#
				<dt>{L_ACTIVE_IN_FORUM}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF ACTIVE_FORUM != '' --><strong><a href="{U_ACTIVE_FORUM}">{ACTIVE_FORUM}</a></strong><br />({ACTIVE_FORUM_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_FORUM_PCT})<!-- ELSE --> - <!-- ENDIF --></dd>
				<dt>{L_ACTIVE_IN_TOPIC}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF ACTIVE_TOPIC != '' --><strong><a href="{U_ACTIVE_TOPIC}">{ACTIVE_TOPIC}</a></strong><br />({ACTIVE_TOPIC_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_TOPIC_PCT})<!-- ELSE --> - <!-- ENDIF --></dd>
Note the additional check for "not empty" at IF ACTIVE_FORUM != '' and IF ACTIVE_TOPIC != ''.

For Aero, the affected part is around line 65.
Those edits are there, on lines 104 & 105.

Stoepsel
Registered User
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:23 am

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by Stoepsel » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Ah, now I see where I got confused. memberlist_view.html is one template that I decided to modify quite a bit based on your original. So during this update, I failed to merge all changes correctly and initially missed those 2 lines.

Sorry for the confusion. Great work, as always.

User avatar
korona
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Germany - Nds.
Contact:

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by korona » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:46 pm

korona wrote:Hello,
sorry for my bad English, but I speak German only.

I have installed aero, but there's a problem, see Picture:

[img]***/bug_aero.jpg[/img]

Buttons are on the text, but should be below the text. In prosilver and subsilver2 that's ok. I ask for help, Thank you
Too bad the problem is in the version 1.4.6 continue to. :(

/Edit: Problem is done , the image URL deleted - due to various bad-bot !
Last edited by korona on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Lothar

kristofgsm
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by kristofgsm » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if it is still possible to change the width of the coloumn where the avatar is located in the view topic page?

I have searched, but the options given in this topic don't work anymore since the update to 3.0.10

I my avatar-size is 150, so I would like to make the width 160.

Thanks in advance for your help.

User avatar
jrolson
Registered User
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:53 am
Location: U.S.

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by jrolson » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:32 pm

kristofgsm wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if it is still possible to change the width of the coloumn where the avatar is located in the view topic page?

I have searched, but the options given in this topic don't work anymore since the update to 3.0.10

I my avatar-size is 150, so I would like to make the width 160.

Thanks in advance for your help.
The widths you need to change are in .postbody and .postprofile
By increasing the width % of .postprofile and decreasing the width % of .postbody

User avatar
geohei
Registered User
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:21 pm

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by geohei » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:46 am

Great style !!!

But ... is it possible to install all colors at the same time.

For example, I created a folder aero_blue and aero_teal an changed ...

./style.cfg "Aero" to "Aero blue" resp. "Aero teal".
./template/config.html <!-- DEFINE $A_COLOUR = 'blue' --> resp <!-- DEFINE $A_COLOUR = 'teal' -->

I installed both in the ACP, but only Aero blue works.

Is it possible to install several colors at the same time?

Thanks,
Cu, geohei

blasterk700i
Registered User
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by blasterk700i » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:29 pm

:( Please it would be to fix it?
Image

User avatar
geohei
Registered User
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:21 pm

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by geohei » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:02 pm

geohei wrote:...
Is it possible to install several colors at the same time?
On top of the above mentioned changes (in ./config.cfg and ./template/config.html), the "name = Aero" must be changed in the follwoing 3 files:

Code: Select all

./theme/theme.cfg
./imageset/imageset.cfg
./template/template.cfg
In this case, all styles can be used at the same time.

Bye,
Cu, geohei

User avatar
jrolson
Registered User
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:53 am
Location: U.S.

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.0.10)

Post by jrolson » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 pm

blasterk700i wrote::( Please it would be to fix it?
Image
Fix,
http://www.mediafire.com/?hdmaefy1ddcznsj

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”