[STYLEDB] Hestia (phpBB 3.0.3)

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Anti-Spam Guide
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

[STYLEDB] Hestia (phpBB 3.0.3)

Post by Arty »

Style name: Hestia
Style version: 2.0.0
phpBB version: 3.0.3

Note: it is not a port of my old phpBB 2 style with the same name. Its a completely different style.

Style includes 4 base color schemes:
Demo (Hestia): demo
Demo (Hestia Blue): demo
Demo (Hestia Green): demo
Demo (Hestia Cyan): demo

and unlimited additional color schemes: http://beta.colorizeit.com/index.php?st ... bb3_hestia

Style Downloads: click here

Additional colors:
Using ColorizeIt script you can create any color scheme. Follow this url, adjust colors as you like. No image/html editing required - everything is done automatically. You just change colors, rename style and click "Download".

Notes:
- To switch fixed/expanded version change width in ca_config.html. You might have to clear cache (delete files in "cache" directory) after editing that file.
- PSD files are available on download page.

Header login
Header login currently works only on few pages. To make it work on all pages, open includes/template.php, find this:

Code: Select all

'S_NEW_PM'				=> ($s_privmsg_new) ? 1 : 0,
and add after it:

'S_LOGIN_ACTION'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=login'),
Last edited by Arty on Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
mdvaldosta

Re: [Release] Hestia

Post by mdvaldosta »

Gorgeous, professional style (as usual). You've outdone yourself again.
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

LonestarROB

Post by LonestarROB »

Great style as usual. If i would have one suggestion, Its pretty similar to your last 2 themes. Try something totally different with your next style. 8-) :mrgreen:
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Added PSD files for logo and buttons.

I will not release any translations for this style, as font used for small buttons in this style doesn't look on my Mac the same as it used to on my old Windows computer so I'm unable to do proper translations (yep, I was lazy and just recolored buttons from one of older styles, which works great until I try to edit text). If you want to do translations, use psd file and for small buttons text change aliasing to "none".
LonestarROB wrote:Great style as usual. If i would have one suggestion, Its pretty similar to your last 2 themes. Try something totally different with your next style. 8-) :mrgreen:
Good point. This style is based on Avalon style but colors are completely different, layout is different, icons and large buttons are different, quote/code/attachments are different. Its a similar style, but its different enough to make it a new style.
Arty
Former Team Member

Re: [Release] Hestia (phpBB 3.0.1)

Post by Arty »

update

Style updated for phpBB 3.0.1
List of changes is available here.
Redrodan

Post by Redrodan »

When a user gets to my login screen they can’t see any forums/categories until they login which is what we want. What they can see is a category called “Message”. I don’t see this with the default style which makes me think it is part of Hestia.

If this is correct, where can I change this? I haven’t found it in the admin panel so guessing it might be in a template.

BTW…Great job with Colorize site.
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

That error message is a part of template that is shown when there are no forums to show. To remove it delete this code in forumlist_body.html:

<!-- BEGINELSE -->
<table class="tablebg" cellspacing="{$CA_SPACING}" width="100%">
{$CA_CAP_START}{L_MESSAGE}{$CA_CAP_END}
<tr>
	<td class="row1" colspan="5" align="center" style="padding: 25px 5px;"><p class="gensmall">{L_NO_FORUMS}</p></td>
</tr>
</table>
then upload changed file and purge cache from control panel.
Redrodan

Post by Redrodan »

Hmm...I just tried that and it still shows up. I double checked that I was editing the right style too :lol:

Is it possible its in a different template file for Hestia?
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Probably you haven't purged cache after changing file.
Redrodan

Post by Redrodan »

I've purged the cache a few times and I'm still getting same results. My wife tried it on another set of forums with a different style and that error message did go away though.

So, I'm a little stumped.

Edit: Ug...found the problem. I was editing the file offline and then uploading it. Once, I edited the file from the admin panel it and then purched the cache it finally updated.
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Then looks like your ftp client messed up. Try using some other software to upload files.
tommcdonna

Post by tommcdonna »

I really like this style, but I have one issue with it (maybe due to how I've got my forum set up) and one query...

Issue: I have my forum set up so that unregistered users can see the forum titles, but cannot view anything deeper unless logged in. I've achieved this by setting my "guest" group to have ONLY "view forum" permissions and adding that group to the forum permissions.

With the proSilver and Avalon themes, if I click on a forum when not logged in, it displays a message about not having permissions AND a login prompt.

But with Hestia, all I get is the permissions message, I really want to get the login prompt as well. Is there anyway I can achieve that?

As a slight aside how can I change the permissions message to say something different?

Query: Does this theme support Birthdays? Currently I've not got any birthday data associated to any of my users, so I'm not sure if this isn't displayed on the frontpage because the forum doesn't know it's anyone's birthday, or because the feature is disabled.
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

It uses almost the same templates set as Avalon, so its not possible for one style to behave in one way and other style in other way.

Birthdays: yes, its enabled, but it will be shown only when there are birthdays as there is no point in showing empty list.
tommcdonna

Post by tommcdonna »

Weird, I must of had an older version of the theme, I uninstalled it, replaced it with the 2nd downloaded version and now it's behaving as I hoped it would :-)

Thanks for clarifying the birthdays and giving me the prompt to download a new version :-)

Now I just need to find where to change the "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum." caption and it will all be just how I need it.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”