[2.0.21] NoseBleed

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x styles that were in our database. The release topics are here for reference, but we no longer host or support these styles.

Rating:

Excellent!
52%
Very Good
19%
Good
12%
Fair
9%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 204

Mike Lothar

Re: Installation issues

Post by Mike Lothar »

high-1- wrote: Hey guys.

I downloaded the latest version of Nosebleed, 1.09.

I have just installed the latest phpBB. 2.0.15

Are these compatible? I have downloaded, unzipped, and copied the Nosebleed folder to my Templates dir in the phpBB installation and was wondering if there was anything else I needed to do.

I couldn't find an installation guide and I seem to be a noob at this again since the last tie I did it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Right now I go to the setup for the forums and I can't choose Nosebleed as the default forum style. Still only reflects subsilver and that's it.

I want to use Nosebleed cause it's so pimp.

Also was wondering if there was a phpNuke style for this so I may use the whole theme.

Thanks in advance and kudos on your style. It's the *beep*.

Hiya.

No, there isn't a phpnuke version. If you want my honest advice (you probably won't hehe), you should get rid of phpnuke asap, it's just too much of a security risk. With phpbb and some mods, you can make it look the same but much safer. :)

Anyways, to install it, upload the NoseBleed folder to your templates folder like you've did. Be sure the folder name is with capital N and B. Then you need to go to your Admin Panel, Styles Admin, and Add the skin. In the general configuration you can select NoseBleed to be your default skin. :)

I used to zip this file differently which sometimes resulted in people uploading the NoseBleed folder inside another NoseBleed folder. Make sure this isn't the case. :)
rapture

Help!

Post by rapture »

does anyone have the style sheet for this theme???
tdw

Post by tdw »

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not get theme data for style_name [NoseBleed]
shoust

Re: Help!

Post by shoust »

rapture wrote: does anyone have the style sheet for this theme???
yeah .. it's kinda buggy skinn .. :?
Mike Lothar

Post by Mike Lothar »

Like subSilver, the CSS is in overall_header.tpl. Not a bug. :roll:
C2CokeRocks

Post by C2CokeRocks »

I am trying out nosebleed with 2.0.16 and havne't encountered any problems yet.

However, how do I make this theme stretch to fit the length of the screen?

Subsilver stretches to fit your browser size but nosebleed doesn't seem to do this.
Mike Lothar

Post by Mike Lothar »

You need to edit almost all the .tpl files in the skin folder (but not in the skin/admin/ folder). You have to look for these three numbers: 780, 717 and 715. If, for example, you would like the forum to be 200 pixels wider, change the numbers to 980, 917 and 915 and so on. Alternatively you could also change all three numbers to 100%.
C2CokeRocks

Post by C2CokeRocks »

I have it up and running with everything set to 100%

I want to add an image or two that can be made to fit on either side of the "top_image.jpg" image in Nosebleed. I also want to be able to let it adjust itself with the browser.

I'm not sure exactly how to describe it but, in the AirHead style the picture used to do this is called "AirHead_topback.jpg" . It stretches to fit the size of the screen up at the top.

I have no problem making the image I just don't understand how to reference it. Or would something like this require a rewrite of nosebleed?

Sorry if I'm not explaining myself right.
And sorry for all the nooby questions.
C2CokeRocks

Post by C2CokeRocks »

How do I change the background color from white to another color?

I've searched the forums, I've read the faqs, yet there are no answers as to how to do this. There is no style.css for NoseBleed?
Mike Lothar

Post by Mike Lothar »

Mike Lothar wrote: Like subSilver, the CSS is in overall_header.tpl. Not a bug. :roll:

Go to your admin panel, styles admin, management, edit NoseBleed. Change the background colour.
jubilee099

Post by jubilee099 »

i dont get it, i installed everything correctly, twice. i still can get the skin to show up, it doesnt seem to be calling the files from the database, i keep getting screens with only the copyright footer.

im runnin phpbb 2.0.16 with no mods or anything else. please let me know what im doing wrong, i keep having to revert to the subsilver template to see everything again. any ideas?

thanks. love the template, just wish i could make it work!
Mike Lothar

Post by Mike Lothar »

is there a link?
fleng

Post by fleng »

kick ass theme, currently playing around with the colour scheme.. i have checked out some modded nosebleed templates whereby they have this extra table or something whereby you can edit the colour and its not really a background colour thingy, which mine would looked like, all grey on my forum http://www.karmalisha.com/fleng/

this is what im trying to get at... how do i get something like this *as shown in the picture*

Image Image
jubilee099

Post by jubilee099 »

no, there is no link because if i applied the template, i cant get into the admin panel, both frames would only show copyright. it seems its not calling up any files from the database?

any ideas? thanks!
Mike Lothar

Post by Mike Lothar »

fleng wrote: kick ass theme, currently playing around with the colour scheme.. i have checked out some modded nosebleed templates whereby they have this extra table or something whereby you can edit the colour and its not really a background colour thingy, which mine would looked like, all grey on my forum http://www.karmalisha.com/fleng/

this is what im trying to get at... how do i get something like this *as shown in the picture*

http://www.mikelothar.com/viewtopic.php?t=1500

jubilee099, i'm not sure what can be the problem sorry. There have been 2 cases posted on my forum some time ago with similar problems, but the text was there.. only very small (unreadable). If this is the case for you also, the problem was something with permissions or .. i don't remember exactly.

Try to install it again, and then view the sourcecode. Copy 5-10 lines from what you have below this code:

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css"> 
.. and paste it here.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Database Releases”