[2.0.21] NoseBleed

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x styles that were in our database. The release topics are here for reference, but we no longer host or support these styles.

Rating:

Excellent!
52%
Very Good
19%
Good
12%
Fair
9%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 204

Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Re: [2.0.21] NoseBleed

Post by Raimon »

A rss feed require a modification, that not up to the style, the best place for that is the mods forums; http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=78 :)
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me @ www.raimon.nl for fair prices and good service!
Dentro

Post by Dentro »

Raimon wrote:A rss feed require a modification, that not up to the style, the best place for that is the mods forums; http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=78 :)
thx, I'll give it a try :)
Dentro

Post by Dentro »

I'm realy a noob in this phpbb stuff, but how can I change my background picture to another one? I have tried to change the picture in styles admin - managment - nosebleed+edit and point to the new pic on my server, but nothing happens :cry:
Greenweaver
Former Team Member

Post by Greenweaver »

Dentro wrote:I'm realy a noob in this phpbb stuff, but how can I change my background picture to another one? I have tried to change the picture in styles admin - managment - nosebleed+edit and point to the new pic on my server, but nothing happens :cry:
Link to your board please?
Modage: Page Title Number MOD
Linkage: Find me at Styles Support & Discussion | Get a new style | Customise your style | phpBB userguide
Noteage:
Graphics requests to members over 20 posts and genuine phpbb requirements | I do not provide custom psd files
ilcapitano

Post by ilcapitano »

I get an error when I try to upgrade my forum from 2.0.21 to 2.0.22 with EasyMOD. I have following mods installed:
- Split posts and merge in one step
- Add a VIP code during registration
- View PM while replying

I get this error:
FIND FAILED: In file [templates/NoseBleed/posting_body.tpl] could not find:

</select> &nbsp;{L_FONT_SIZE}:<select name="addbbcode20" onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcode20.options[this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]')" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">
Noname Joe

Post by Noname Joe »

Hi,

I wonder whether someone could offer a little advice as I'm just starting out with customisation.

I've re-sized the style to full width, figured out how to enlarge the font size, but now I have a problem with the log-in box. The rest of the page resizes to fit the window, but the log-in screen doesn't. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make it resize...or point me in the right direction?

Any advice at all would be really appreciated!
christian3000

Post by christian3000 »

Sorry im new here, Im searching for the latest version of that famous template NoseBleed, I get the one on the first page and i got some bugs like this :

I know there is a version (v1.14) :

but I cant find it anywhere, i try his site (mikelothar.com) but the downloads section didn't work. Can anyone help me on that ?

Chris
mgoi

Post by mgoi »

will_hough wrote:
eludlow wrote:Great theme, looks cracking. Is it available for phpBB3?
Not yet.
I love this template but also want to use it under phpbb3. I was growing a bit impatient since Mike Lothar said that he may not have time to update it. As his copyright notice seems to allow modifications to his style, I have started a little project to update it to phpbb3. Still a lot to do, but you can watch the progress and contribute here: http://www.countriesincolors.com/forum/index.php

M
Mike Lothar

Post by Mike Lothar »

Hi all. I'm sorry i've been gone from phpBB for so long. I'm attending university and it hasn't been easy for me to find time for much else.

mgoi asked my permission yesterday about trying to convert my templates to phpBB3. It might sound a bit nerdy, but i've spent so much time on coding these, so much that i feel attached to them. Can you say it like that in english? Maybe not, but you get the idea. mgoi isn't the first who have asked my permission, and to some i've said ok and to some i've said no. I've given my permission to mgoi because of what he showed me. Because i think he can make a version that will look very similar to my phpBB2 layout. And because i don't have the time myself.. i know there's people out there who would like to use NoseBleed/Conundrum/Ad Infinitum again on their new phpBB3 system, and it wouldn't be right for me to just say no when i get an offer like i got from mgoi.

I've also talked to Will Hough, a dear friend of mine for the past years, and he offered to release updates of my templates for the latest phpBB2 versions.

Other than that, i just want to say thank you for the enormous amount of thank-you-for-this-template emails i've received over the years. It's funny (scary?) how the NoseBleed template have ment so much for so many people. I had no idea it would become so popular as it did. Thank you for all the kind words.

Ok, enough of the drama, it's just templates. Take care, and watch out for what Will Hough and mgoi have for you.

Mike
mgoi

Post by mgoi »

Thanks for your support Mike! I will be posting news about development in this thread: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=564567

Don't expect anything soon, as it will be very hard to do justice to the original work from Mike. I'll try to polish it as much as I can before releasing it. I will also submit the final template to Mike's review before releasing it. Any experienced template coders are more than welcome to help!
opossumpetya

Post by opossumpetya »

christian3000, what you need to do is open your language file, find text "Derniers Messages" and replace space in the middle with &nbsp; (non braking space), so it looks like this: Derniers&nbsp;Messages. with languages where words are longer than in english ,this may occur in other places as well. if you see it, just do the same thing.
Ikhsan4488

Post by Ikhsan4488 »

anybody have this template for 1024x768 monitor res.??
will_hough
Former Team Member
Name: Will Hough

Post by will_hough »

Ikhsan4488 wrote:anybody have this template for 1024x768 monitor res.??
This template works with any screen resolution.

Are you asking to make it wider?
Ikhsan4488

Post by Ikhsan4488 »

will_hough wrote:
Ikhsan4488 wrote:anybody have this template for 1024x768 monitor res.??
This template works with any screen resolution.

Are you asking to make it wider?
yup... can you tell me how?
or anybody can help me?
mgoi

Post by mgoi »

Ikhsan4488 wrote: yup... can you tell me how?
or anybody can help me?
Sorry I have no much time to help as I am trying to use whatever little free time I have to update the template to phpbb3, but here are a few pointers. Essentially, the only file you want to edit is Nosebleed.css in your template folder. Look for the width tags and play with the values. Replace 780 and 717 with whatever suits you in the following tags:

Code: Select all

#forum {
	width: 780px;
	height: 100%;
	background-color: #fff;
	margin: 0 auto}

#bodyline {
	width: 717px;
	padding: 10px 0;
	vertical-align: top;
	text-align: left}

#top_image img {
	border: 0;
	width: 717px;
	height: 231px}
There may be other width tags that you must change. Search for "width" in the css file and adjust accordingly.

Hope this helps

M

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Database Releases”