[2.0.21] Ad Infinitum

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x styles that were in our database. The release topics are here for reference, but we no longer host or support these styles.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
13%
Good
13%
Fair
9%
Poor
6%

Total votes: 136

scalamandrous

Re: [2.0.21] Ad Infinitum

Post by scalamandrous »

Hello there!

I have a question that maybe someone could help me with. I'm kind of a noob at this, so please excuse me if this is something stupid, but I can figure it out!

After I installed the adInfinitum theme, I set it to the default theme. When I log into the admin panel, I get the left nav, but then I get this message in the main window:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /forum/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 71
I also get these errors when I try to post a private messgage:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /forum/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code:1) in /forum/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /forum/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code:1) in /forum/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /forum/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code:1) in /forum/includes/page_header.php on line 486
And, I'm pretty sure this is related, but the footer doesn't show at all. I have not changed any of this code.
M L

Post by M L »

will_hough wrote:
M L wrote:i need help! i recently was working on my forum which is using Ad Infinitum. somehow, the main section is off center to the right. can someone point me in the direction of what i did? the only file i was editing was the AdInfinitum.css file to ad a background image along the sides. when that did not work, i put back the original one. and this is what happened..

http://www.pamelamoorealliance.com
is the url to the forum..
You may find help once you replace the phpBB copyright in your footer.tpl

Code: Select all

Powered by <a href="http://www.phpbb.com/" target="_phpbb" title="Powered by phpBB &copy; 2001, 2006 phpBB Group">phpBB</a>
ok, i restored the the code.

right now i have the forum set to max size,otherwise its still off center. i even installed AI2 and its still off center..
cutter07

Post by cutter07 »

erm i just opend a forum i was just wondering

how do i install the new styles?
Greenweaver
Former Team Member

Post by Greenweaver »

Modage: Page Title Number MOD
Linkage: Find me at Styles Support & Discussion | Get a new style | Customise your style | phpBB userguide
Noteage:
Graphics requests to members over 20 posts and genuine phpbb requirements | I do not provide custom psd files
dataflake

Post by dataflake »

Styles Robot wrote: Style Description: Simple template in dark and red colours. This one is easy to modify by changing the top image. Also comes in a light bluish and a light redish version.
Where do I get the light blue version or how do I access it?
Nielas

Post by Nielas »

Hi,

I just installed AI2, the second ad infinitum phpbb2-theme. But I have a big problem with it: every thread streches the hole part in the middle and the header isn't strechted correctly, or isn't streched at all! Looks very bad.

http://www.kleibernet.de/phpBB2/index.php

The strange thing is, if you're not logged in with our registered account, it looks normal, but if you logg in, the part in the middle is getting wider than before!

Logged in:

Not logged in:

Any ideas?
Nielas

Post by Nielas »

P.S.: I just noticed that this problem exists with every second theme-version of mike lothar, e.g. nose bleed 2 or condundrum 2.
Mauje

Post by Mauje »

Hi!

I just installed the AI2 theme on my local server, and I'm trying to do a few, hopefully, minor changes.

My first question is as follows:

I'd like to be able to change the FAQ, Search, Memberlist, etc. links located at the bottom of the forum header to where those fonts match the style of the New Post, New Topic, etc.

Could someone tell which file this is located in and the proper coding for changing them in the simplest way possible? Also, I realize I will have to manually make the FAQ, Search, Memberlist, etc. graphics myself before installing them into the coding, so does anyone know the exact font used for the New Post graphic so I can make my graphics properly match? Looks like a very basic font; I tired Arial, but it didn't quite match.

Thanks so much for any help given!

EDIT: Actually figured out how to change the graphics for those link like I wanted on my own(ended up using a different font than what I had originally planned). Unfortunately, it caused a problem. Each word i.e FAQ, Search, etc. is outlined by a white box in Firefox(blue in IE7 that turns purple once you have visited the link :o ), and I have no idea why it's doing that.

When making the graphics for the links, I didn't stroke them. I tried remaking them and uploading them as transparent .gifs, but that didn't remedy the problem either. Currently, they are saved and uploaded as .gif files with the appropriately colored gray background. I'm telling this just in case it's a problem with how the links were saved and not the actual coding.

Here's a screenshot of the problem; this is showing what it looks like in Firefox.

Also, has anyone figured out how to get the new folder, new posts, etc. graphics to show with AI2? I know the images loaded properly, because I can see the graphics for them in my images folder.

Thanks again for any help given. Although, paying attention to dates for posts here it doesn't look like this thread is getting much support anymore. :(
ianonmac
Name: Ian

Post by ianonmac »

This theme sounds ideal for my site as the described colors are similar to my site theme, however the demo link gives a 404 (page not found) error, so I haven't seen it myself. I've also just installed phpBB and found it's version 3.0, which this theme (and all of them so far) is not compatible with. Ad Infinitum is one of the most popular and most compatible themes, so can it be upgraded soon to phpBB 3.0? Thank you.
mgoi

Ad Infinitum for phpBB3

Post by mgoi »

A quick note to let those interested users know that I have started development of an update for phpBB3. I will ask Mike Lothar for his permission before releasing a first alpha version.

In the meantime you can already take a look and do some testing on the site linked in my signature.

M
mgoi

Ad Infinitum alpha release now available

Post by mgoi »

Hello,

Since there was a lot of interest in Ad Infinitum, I have released an alpha version of the template. Those of you interested in testing it can get it here.

Thanks

M
Midnightfantasy

Post by Midnightfantasy »

I was wondering how you change the logo? i'd like to have my own logo up instead of the standard logo. I have no clue how to change it. Help would be very much appreciated ...
mgoi

Post by mgoi »

Midnightfantasy wrote:I was wondering how you change the logo? i'd like to have my own logo up instead of the standard logo. I have no clue how to change it. Help would be very much appreciated ...
If you are using my alpha release for phpbb3, you can find an answer to your question here.

Hope this helps

M
eslongboards

Post by eslongboards »

How do you change the top image, I tried to change it by adding a url of a photo from a ftp server and pasted the url to the background image box in the styles configuration. Im lost from there, let me know. THanks!
Greenweaver
Former Team Member

Post by Greenweaver »

eslongboards wrote:How do you change the top image, I tried to change it by adding a url of a photo from a ftp server and pasted the url to the background image box in the styles configuration. Im lost from there, let me know. THanks!
Link to your board plz and also the image you would like to add?
Modage: Page Title Number MOD
Linkage: Find me at Styles Support & Discussion | Get a new style | Customise your style | phpBB userguide
Noteage:
Graphics requests to members over 20 posts and genuine phpbb requirements | I do not provide custom psd files

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Database Releases”