[2.0.18] DAJ_Glass

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x styles that were in our database. The release topics are here for reference, but we no longer host or support these styles.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
19%
Good
7%
Fair
5%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 190

smitjel

Re: [2.0.18] DAJ_Glass

Post by smitjel »

Does anybody know what's up with the little funky characters that are strewn about in the templates? I tried a "dos2unix" on the files but that didn't do anything. Thanks for any help!

And if anyone still has the psd files for this style, please post them! Thanks. :D
My Quick Reply MOD for phpBB2
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

Wow, to truely fix the character issue, you'd have to go through each file and replace all these non-standard spaces with either a tap of the spacebar or ' '. What's up with that? How did this get validated? I was kind of pumped about this style...bummer.
Ash Hi Fi Zone

Post by Ash Hi Fi Zone »

smitjel wrote: Wow, to truely fix the character issue, you'd have to go through each file and replace all these non-standard spaces with either a tap of the spacebar or ' '. What's up with that? How did this get validated? I was kind of pumped about this style...bummer.

I have tested this style on my website and never had any problems of the sort you are telling.... Something might be wrong with the character set you are using or something.... Try opening the same page in a different browser....
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

Why doesn't subSilver do this? From looking at the code in DAJ Glass, it's using the same charset as subSilver. I'm telling you, he's got non-standard characters in the templates. I also viewed it with IE6 and it does the same thing. I'm running linux so I can't see what IE7 is doing. I bet you're using windows, no? I wonder if it's an OS thing.

But in any case, it shouldn't matter what OS you're using. subSilver works just fine.
Last edited by smitjel on Mon May 07, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra »

smitjel wrote: I'm telling you, he's got non-standard characters in the templates.

Let's see, you're the only person to report the problem since the style was released about 30 months ago... I'm betting it's a problem your end.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

Thatbitextra wrote:
smitjel wrote: I'm telling you, he's got non-standard characters in the templates.

Let's see, you're the only person to report the problem since the style was released about 30 months ago... I'm betting it's a problem your end.

Not quite. It's been mentioned several times with no real solution.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p1387213

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p2594598

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p1396124

And then somebody on page 3 recommends a change to your apache config and .htaccess file. That's ridiculous. Again, why doesn't subSilver do this if there's _NOTHING_ wrong with DAJ Glass? I'm wondering if the files have been saved in some obscure encoding or something...

Style authors should be required to insert the proper html special character representations into their styles, not the actual symbols.

I'm the "only" one to report this? Ha...you know otherwise. Nice work.
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member

Post by Thatbitextra »

Thank you.
I don't really know what you are wanting anymore, as you've already sorted it:
smitjel wrote: Wow, to truely fix the character issue, you'd have to go through each file and replace all these non-standard spaces with either a tap of the spacebar or ' '.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

Oh ok...thanks for quoting me then, I guess. :?
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member

Post by Thatbitextra »

Well, I don't know what else to say. You've identified some characters that can cause problems with particular server configurations and you've identified that the solution is to replace all the characters. What more are you after?
Styles KB
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

No, it's not a webserver thing, it's an OS thing. I'm using windows now and those characters don't show up. So there IS in fact a small defect in the templates...the non-standard characters don't behave the same across all operating systems.

Just clarifying for those people that never found a solution. Thanks.
bswinnerton

Post by bswinnerton »

I was just wondering, what font was used in the making of the buttons?

For example the WWW button, and the PM button. Does anyone know?
stuart888

Post by stuart888 »

Hi...Did you realize the "Demo Click Here" is broken. Just an FYI.

Stuart
lahlumdi

Post by lahlumdi »

Help! I downloaded this to the template file using an ftp. It shows up as a style on the create theme page under style administration. But when I go to the export themes section, it won't let me download, even though it IS in the template as a folder. I'm sorry I'm lost but is there anything I can do? I am new at this and it is the first change I have tried to make instead of the usual subsilver.
martigen

Post by martigen »

How can i change the top and put my own logo?
stuart888

Post by stuart888 »

martigen wrote:How can i change the top and put my own logo?
Hi there...You need to modify the php code and put what ever you want up. Everything is here for you to change. No issue at all. Checkout the file overall_header and you will be good to go.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Database Releases”