[2.0.20] subMerged

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x styles that were in our database. The release topics are here for reference, but we no longer host or support these styles.

Rating:

Excellent!
55%
Very Good
24%
Good
7%
Fair
4%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 76

Organic Angel Alexiel

Post by Organic Angel Alexiel »

Awesome, awesome theme. The best one I have seen so far.
I have noticed that Firefox displays the link color as a yellowish color.
It may be a Firefox 2 bug, or may be intentional (doubtfully).
I have modded the heck out of it, and haven't have a problem yet.
And it is so pretty.
Organic Angel Alexiel

Actually, I have had one problem or rather an issue with some of the cosmentics, so to speak. The radio buttons use windows' default ones and the bright white color looks horrible. Was wonder if you could change that, or just tell me how to change it.
Need help with apache? Visit the Apache Lounge
I would heartily recommend reading through the Knowledge Base. I recently have and it has solved a number of questions I had.
EasyMod is great for a vanilla phpBB. Visit my website and see why I do everything by hand. :P
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra »

You can't easily style radio buttons.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)
Organic Angel Alexiel

Thatbitextra wrote: You can't easily style radio buttons.
kinda what I figured after about a minute of messing with the theme.
I would heartily recommend reading through the Knowledge Base. I recently have and it has solved a number of questions I had.
EasyMod is great for a vanilla phpBB. Visit my website and see why I do everything by hand. :P
gowduff

Post by gowduff »

I really dig subMerged - esp the fantastic graphics (calls to mind the 3D ultramarine look of Fedora FC6). I am having some trouble with installing the topic calendar mod. Easy mod made the changes on the common files but seems to have left the template specific files untouched. I hand-coded the topmenu and got calendar working nicely, but my only real problem (so far) is that the javascript tooltip activated by mouseover on the actual posts in the calendar calls up the full text of the post (that's good...) but without any border or background (that's bad...). The result is a palimpsest and quite a challenge for readers (most palimpsests are - cf. recent work on the Archimedes manuscript). So - I would like to take advantage of the very nice tooltip style already in place in the overlib.js (activated by mouseovers on the top menu). I have pored over the files - as far as I can tell the alternate (bad) mouseover js is woven into the end of the posting_body.tpl file where the genmed class table entries are listed (with calls to other js and styles). I generally avoid javascript because I am much more comfortable with css (I have had great success with hover for the same effect) but I like what overlib can do and would like to apply it to the calendar.
Just for comparison - the calendar/posting tooltip in subSilver seems to make a straightforward call to the common js file (js_dom_overview? I may be mistaken) in the includes.
Thanks for any help!
-Alan/gowduff... whatever
xK1NGx xV1Px

Post by xK1NGx xV1Px »

just using firefox it will more easy for you
redhair

Post by redhair »

gowduff

To use the overlib you must make links look like this:

Code: Select all

<a onmouseover="return overlib('<table class=overlib_info><tr><td>LINKTEXT</td></tr></table>');" onmouseout="return nd();" href="LINKURL">
You can change the looks of it by adding "overlib_info" into your css.(it's called "nieuws_info" in the current subMerged version.)

And add: <script src='templates/subMerged/fade.js' language='Javascript'></script> in the head section of any page that should make use of it.

If the call. mod uses a simular effect you must replace it.

I hope I understood you well and this will help you further.

More overlib info can be found here.
redhair like no other.

subMerged for phpBB3?
gowduff

topic calendar (continued)

Post by gowduff »

Thanks for the replies - btw I routinely use Firefox with all the dev extensions (css viewers, js etc) - that's how I tracked down some of the js/css paths. I tried adding the ext js file link the relevant files as you suggested, and I modifed the css nieuws_info section (mijn kennis van het Nederlands groeit door sprongen en grenzen - or something). So far no luck. I think I need to hand code the overlib mouseover effect (I had already gone through their site so I am somewhat familar with this library). I THINK (hope, pray, believe ) that the right place is in the posting_body.tpl where we find the following td section:

<td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gensmall"><a href="javascript:bbstyle(-1)" class="genmed" onMouseOver="helpline('a')">{L_BBCODE_CLOSE_TAGS}</a></span></td>

My guess is based on the evidence I get from CSS view (as well Prof X, X Ray and what not) in Firefox. I assume that this table cell also makes a call to the mysql posting table (how that works is not clear to me - if someone could explain I would be most grateful). In any case how can I work in the invoke the overlib mouseover without wrecking the helpline - BBCODE calls? (keeping in mind your suggestion below):

<a onmouseover="return overlib('<table class=overlib_info><tr><td>LINKTEXT</td></tr></table>');" onmouseout="return nd();" href="LINKURL">

If you want to see the palimpsest mouseover in effect, see http://livene.info/listne/calendar.php - there is a posting under December 9.
Thanks again -
gowduff
gowduff

topic calendar (continued)

Post by gowduff »

Thanks for the replies - btw I routinely use Firefox with all the dev extensions (css viewers, js etc) - that's how I tracked down some of the js/css paths. I tried adding the ext js file link the relevant files as you suggested, and I modifed the css nieuws_info section (mijn kennis van het Nederlands groeit door sprongen en grenzen - or something). So far no luck. I think I need to hand code the overlib mouseover effect (I had already gone through their site so I am somewhat familar with this library). I THINK (hope, pray, believe ) that the right place is in the posting_body.tpl where we find the following td section:

<td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gensmall"><a href="javascript:bbstyle(-1)" class="genmed" onMouseOver="helpline('a')">{L_BBCODE_CLOSE_TAGS}</a></span></td>

My guess is based on the evidence I get from CSS view (as well Prof X, X Ray and what not) in Firefox. I assume that this table cell also makes a call to the mysql posting table (how that works is not clear to me - if someone could explain I would be most grateful). In any case how can I work in the invoke the overlib mouseover without wrecking the helpline - BBCODE calls? (keeping in mind your suggestion below):

If you want to see the palimpsest mouseover in effect, see http://livene.info/listne/calendar.php - there is a posting under December 9.
Thanks again -
gowduff
redhair

Post by redhair »

I went and had a look at your calendar.
First of, you only have to ad the overlib.js once. I noticed it's on line 75 and line number 215. You also have the fade.js coded three times in your script (line 56, 121, 123). Both files only need to be included once in the head section of your page (overall_header.tpl).

Now before we go dig into the script, you must explain me why overlib is better than the popup function already in place in the calendar. Besides it has a transparent view through to the page I see nothing wrong with it. If it's the transparency you find annoying you can just add some CSS to it. (class="bodyline" and class="row1" are the ones used by the popup...but if you dig a little deeper I'm sure you can give it a custom name, and add that to the CSS.)
redhair like no other.

subMerged for phpBB3?
Organic Angel Alexiel

Noticed for quite a while, recently investigated. In the admin/index_navigate.tpl, the link tag for the admin index has the target set to _parent, not to main; kicking the index out of the frame and removing the side panel.
redhair

Post by redhair »

Thanks O.A.A.

What does your subSilver variant show?
In my case it shows exactly the same "error"... leaving me thinking that this is not my oops :) ..or maybe there is another reason we don't see the benefit of.
redhair like no other.

subMerged for phpBB3?
Organic Angel Alexiel

redhair wrote: Thanks O.A.A.

What does your subSilver variant show?
In my case it shows exactly the same "error"... leaving me thinking that this is not my oops :) ..or maybe there is another reason we don't see the benefit of.

Code: Select all

<tr> 
		  <td class="row1"><span class="genmed"><a href="{U_ADMIN_INDEX}" target="main" class="genmed">{L_ADMIN_INDEX}</a></span></td>
		</tr>
		<tr> 
		  <td class="row1"><span class="genmed"><a href="{U_FORUM_INDEX}" target="_parent" class="genmed">{L_FORUM_INDEX}</a></span></td>
		</tr>
		<tr> 
		  <td class="row1"><span class="genmed"><a href="{U_FORUM_INDEX}" target="main" class="genmed">{L_PREVIEW_FORUM}</a></span></td>
		</tr>
That is from the vanilla subSilver. I checked it a couple of days ago to see if subSilver did the same, but it doesn't. That is why I checked the tpl, and yours had the {L_ADMIN_INDEX} link to target _parent. That is why I thought I should let you know.
I changed my index_navigate.tpl to match the subSilver one, and it fixed it. I deleted subSilver from my template dir. I never really like it and I am using an awesome one right now. I just use the zip of phpBB when I need to reference subSilver.

But considering the admin index thing and the fact that firefox likes to display the unclicked links as an aweful yellow color and the location of some of the {ERROR_BOX}s breaking the layout (like register page), I have found absolutely no problems with your wonderfully awesome theme. Though I have been converting more of the admin pages to match the rest of it better. I am one of those perfectionist people.
gowduff

Post by gowduff »

Redhair:
I fixed the calendar tooltip by playing around with the css as you suggested. For anyone else looking to change the transparent onmouseover, here is my addition:

.bodyline {
color: #839BB1;
background-color: #00548c;
border: 2px solid;
border-color: #083457;
display: block;
width: auto;
}
This also modifies the backgr-color in the calendar navigation buttons (previous/next), so you have to choose the right tint...

The text stays in the box in Safari, Firefox (Mac, Win, Linux) and IE5-7, but misbehaves a little in Konqueror.
Thanks again for you help and for the template!
-gowduff
Organic Angel Alexiel

Don't like my options

Tested out Category Hierachy mod and I love it. The only problem is that subMerged is not designed for it. I love subMerged, and I am very much liking Category Hierachy mod. I would like to see subMerged modified for CH mod, but I don't want to do it myself. I don't really want to go back, but I don't want to abandon subMerged. And I don't really have the time to complete convert the theme.

what do I do? (translation: could you make a CH compatible version of subMerged, please :oops: )

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Database Releases”