[2.0.20] subMerged

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x styles that were in our database. The release topics are here for reference, but we no longer host or support these styles.

Rating:

Excellent!
55%
Very Good
24%
Good
7%
Fair
4%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 76

ZHedison

crys...

Post by ZHedison »

:cry: I cannot figure out how to install a template. I've tryed and tryed but my brain can't take it anymore. I thought maybe someone could help me here...

I read the directions on how to install a template. But the part I was stuck on was, "You need to upload the file to a Directory and send it to your Forum from a Server.." I'm so confused on how to do this. It would mean soooo much if someone could help me out with this.

my email is [email protected]
Organic Angel Alexiel

Post by Organic Angel Alexiel »

all the files for the template have to end up in the template subdirectory of your forum. eg: "www.example.com/forum/templates/subMerged" the subdirs of subMerged should be admin, images, fla. There should be stuff like bbcode.tpl, index_body.tpl in the subMerged dir. You probably are going to have to use a FTP client like SmartFTP, or internet explorer 6 (MS Firefox v7 cut out ftp support and now functions just like firefox). FYI: Knowledge base is the best place to look for first. Here is an article about installing themes.
Need help with apache? Visit the Apache Lounge
I would heartily recommend reading through the Knowledge Base. I recently have and it has solved a number of questions I had.
EasyMod is great for a vanilla phpBB. Visit my website and see why I do everything by hand. :P
Organic Angel Alexiel

Post by Organic Angel Alexiel »

Due to clutter of the top bar, I made it take two rows instead of the normal one. Now it overlaps the title link and the forum 'logo' link. Anyone know how to fix it??
Need help with apache? Visit the Apache Lounge
I would heartily recommend reading through the Knowledge Base. I recently have and it has solved a number of questions I had.
EasyMod is great for a vanilla phpBB. Visit my website and see why I do everything by hand. :P
ZHedison

Post by ZHedison »

I just can't get it to work. I downloaded and installed SmartFTP client. So I'm here but everytime I put my domain link, it trys to connect but then says wrong user name and wrong password. I just don't get this program. And at one point I had the (subMerged) file on Queue.. it almost uploaded it to my forum but then said "Disconnected" "Can't change to www.takeforum.com/forum?mforum=MYACCESSNAME

:evil: I'm so frustrated. I wish someone could "really" help me out. I'm not sure I get what you were talking about up there... with the folders and stuff. I understand, but then I don't lol. I guess I'll just... leave my forum boring as it was before. Or ask everywhere, someone who can take me step by step... :cry:
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra »

ZHedison, you are using free forum hosting, so you don't have access to the files. Buy some normal hosting, install phpBB normally, then you can do whatever you like :)
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)
ZHedison

Post by ZHedison »

Ok thanks for helping me anyways. I kind of did figure I wasn't going to be able to install this template. That's what I get for using a free forum domain lol. :P

Really thanks for all your help. I can deal with this... boring purple color on my forum :D
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member

Post by Thatbitextra »

Or you could pay for some inexpensive hosting ;)
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
wreckdiver

Great Style

Post by wreckdiver »

I am using this style for my board and it is great. Would love to see it ported to vBulletin 3.6+. I know I am going to get it for that one. Come check it out at [spam]

WreckDiver
specimenq5

Post by specimenq5 »

I have installed this, and I love it.

I was wondering if it's possible for me to change certain parameters, as this is my first phpbb and I have no idea how this works.

For example, I'd like the username and rank to not be centered in their column, I'd prefer them to be left-aligned. Is that something I can change myself?

Thanks.
VanWildonher

Post by VanWildonher »

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but how do I get it to stop saying (insert site name here) Index Index on the title page.

See...
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member

Post by Thatbitextra »

It doesn't say 'index index' anywhere on that page...
Styles KB
VanWildonher

Post by VanWildonher »

Thatbitextra wrote: It doesn't say 'index index' anywhere on that page...

Top of the page... what Firefox/IE displays as the page title.
specimenq5

Post by specimenq5 »

VanWildonher wrote:
Thatbitextra wrote:It doesn't say 'index index' anywhere on that page...

Top of the page... what Firefox/IE displays as the page title.

I have the same problem right now.

Anyone have any comment on my original question?
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member

Post by Thatbitextra »

In overall_header.tpl, change this line:

Code: Select all

<title>{L_INDEX} {PAGE_TITLE}</title>
Styles KB
VanWildonher

Post by VanWildonher »

Thatbitextra wrote: In overall_header.tpl, change this line:

Code: Select all

<title>{L_INDEX} {PAGE_TITLE}</title>

Thanks!

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Database Releases”