[2.0.16] Aluminoid

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x styles that were in our database. The release topics are here for reference, but we no longer host or support these styles.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
19%
Good
17%
Fair
4%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 54

Styles Robot
Styles Queue Bot
Styles Queue Bot

[2.0.16] Aluminoid

Post by Styles Robot »

Style Name: Aluminoid
Style Author: sbrunkow
Style Description: This style looks like the Mac os X metal interface. There is a Photoshop file included for use as a logo. This is my first style, I hope you like it.

Style Version: 1.0

Download File: aluminoid-1.zip
styles overview page: View
File Size: 263658 Bytes

Demo: click here

Screenshot:
Last edited by Styles Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Styles Team)
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Style Validated/Released

Notes:
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
RancerDS

Post by RancerDS »

Though I voted "Excellent!", I think you may want to offset the colour for the moderators. It appears to be grey like the regular members listing.
dESiLVer

Post by dESiLVer »

good job :wink:
sobman
I've Been Banned!

Post by sobman »

dESiLVer wrote: good job :wink:

ya this looks pretty cool
Anon
Former Team Member

Post by Anon »

RancerDS wrote: Though I voted "Excellent!", I think you may want to offset the colour for the moderators. It appears to be grey like the regular members listing.

Indeed. The only thing seperating mods and users is the bold text

But very good otherwise :)
manic mechanic

Post by manic mechanic »

Very nice. Good job! There's one bug that I noticed. The PM flags don't change color to indicate unread PMs and as soon as you open the inbox the "new messages" link on the header clears and reverts to "no new messages" mode.
www.alfrankensense.com -- The Al Franken Fan Site
manic mechanic

Post by manic mechanic »

I also notice that text hyperlinks aren't differenciated in any way fom regular text. There's no under line and it's the same color as the rest of the text so that you can't tell there is a link unless the mouse is hovered over the text.
rouxster

Can someone create a button for me?

Post by rouxster »

I installed a calendar mod and want to know if someone will create a calendar button for this skin? Thanks.
sbrunkow

thanks

Post by sbrunkow »

manic mechanic wrote: Very nice. Good job! There's one bug that I noticed. The PM flags don't change color to indicate unread PMs and as soon as you open the inbox the "new messages" link on the header clears and reverts to "no new messages" mode.

It seems like the default phpBB theme in the comunity works like this as well. Maybe I'm missing something. Could you look at it there and see what you think?

Thanks for the comment as well!

Steve
sbrunkow

Post by sbrunkow »

manic mechanic wrote: I also notice that text hyperlinks aren't differenciated in any way fom regular text. There's no under line and it's the same color as the rest of the text so that you can't tell there is a link unless the mouse is hovered over the text.

This seems to me to wor the same as the phpBB theme. If I put in a link by just typing it in, includding the http it shows up underlined, like this.

http://www/phpbb.com

Where as if I put it in using the url buttons before and after it shows up not underlined, like this.

http://www/phpbb.com

Let me know what you think.

Steve
sbrunkow

Post by sbrunkow »

RancerDS wrote: Though I voted "Excellent!", I think you may want to offset the colour for the moderators. It appears to be grey like the regular members listing.

Thanks for the idea. Where do you mean for this to be?

Steve
manic mechanic

Re: thanks

Post by manic mechanic »

sbrunkow wrote:
manic mechanic wrote:Very nice. Good job! There's one bug that I noticed. The PM flags don't change color to indicate unread PMs and as soon as you open the inbox the "new messages" link on the header clears and reverts to "no new messages" mode.

It seems like the default phpBB theme in the comunity works like this as well. Maybe I'm missing something. Could you look at it there and see what you think?

Thanks for the comment as well!

Steve

Here's what my buddy found. I hope this helps

I saw that the unread icon, folder_new.gif, is properly coming up as a different file name from the read PM icon folder.gif, but that they are the same image. The correct files are being assigned, but since the images are identical, we can't tell. The mod designer forgot to change it.

So I edited the folder_new.gif file and added the yellow. [/quote]
manic mechanic

Re: thanks

Post by manic mechanic »

double posted -- deleted
Last edited by manic mechanic on Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manic mechanic

Post by manic mechanic »

double posted -- deleted
Last edited by manic mechanic on Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Database Releases”