[2.0.16] Aluminoid

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x styles that were in our database. The release topics are here for reference, but we no longer host or support these styles.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
19%
Good
17%
Fair
4%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 54

manic mechanic

Post by manic mechanic » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:09 pm

double posted --deleted
Last edited by manic mechanic on Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.alfrankensense.com -- The Al Franken Fan Site

manic mechanic

Post by manic mechanic » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:34 pm

Whoah, sorry about the multiple posts. I kept getting a debug error message when I posted. :oops:

The problem with the text links only seems to occur when the php '[URL]' tags are used. It's interesting that when a text link is pasted in without the tag there is the underline but when the php tag is used the text is not differenciated to indicate there is a hyperlink except on mouse over.

shinke36

Post by shinke36 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:41 pm

yeah, i like aluminoid

sbrunkow

Re: thanks

Post by sbrunkow » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:55 am

manic mechanic wrote:
sbrunkow wrote:
manic mechanic wrote:Very nice. Good job! There's one bug that I noticed. The PM flags don't change color to indicate unread PMs and as soon as you open the inbox the "new messages" link on the header clears and reverts to "no new messages" mode.

It seems like the default phpBB theme in the comunity works like this as well. Maybe I'm missing something. Could you look at it there and see what you think?

Thanks for the comment as well!

Steve

Here's what my buddy found. I hope this helps

I saw that the unread icon, folder_new.gif, is properly coming up as a different file name from the read PM icon folder.gif, but that they are the same image. The correct files are being assigned, but since the images are identical, we can't tell. The mod designer forgot to change it.

So I edited the folder_new.gif file and added the yellow.

Thanks for the help with this. Until I have a change to get this updated and uploaded I have a new "folder_new.gif" available for download from my site. It can be downloaded from here.

http://dewchugr.home.insightbb.com/folder_new.gif

Steve

BikerBabo

Post by BikerBabo » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:52 pm

sbrunkow wrote:
manic mechanic wrote:I also notice that text hyperlinks aren't differenciated in any way fom regular text. There's no under line and it's the same color as the rest of the text so that you can't tell there is a link unless the mouse is hovered over the text.

This seems to me to wor the same as the phpBB theme. If I put in a link by just typing it in, includding the http it shows up underlined, like this.

http://www/phpbb.com

Where as if I put it in using the url buttons before and after it shows up not underlined, like this.

http://www/phpbb.com

Let me know what you think.

Steve

The problem is that when you make a text link, it is impossible to tell that it's even there unless you hover over it. For example, --> this is a link <-- that illustrates the issue (displaying this thread in Aluminoid), but you can't tell that it is. If you simply type the url, http://www.phpbb.com/styles/forum/viewt ... &style=238 like that, it's obvious. But otherwise the text link gets lost. It would be nice to be able to change the color so that it's apparent that a link is there, without having to hover over it.

I tried to change a couple of things that I thought would address the problem, but I don't know much about PHP, and wasn't able to get it to do what I want; the best I could do was change the hover color throughout the whole board (I don't remember what I edited to do that), which is better than nothing, but not what I was hoping to do, which is just change the link color in posts. Here is what I tried to change in the aluminoid.css:

Code: Select all

/* The content of the posts (body of text) */
.postbody { font-size : 12px; }
a.postlink:link { text-decoration: none; color : #006699;}
a.postlink:visited { text-decoration: none; color : #5493B4;}
a.postlink:hover { text-decoration: underline; color : #DD6900;}
It seems that perhaps some other tag is overriding it, maybe? I'm not sure.

Sorry if this is something simple that I overlooked, but like I said, I'm not up on this stuff. Any help changing this would be greatly appreciated.

manic mechanic

Post by manic mechanic » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:39 am

Thanks! I got the gif and I'll keep working on getting the text links dialed in. It's a good skin and it would be nice to get that detail straightened out.

BikerBabo

Post by BikerBabo » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:50 pm

I was able to correct the link color problem thanks to Freestyle XL's kind help.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1699811

Lars K

Post by Lars K » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:05 pm

Somebody who's got the photoshop files for this style?

I want to make some norwegian buttons.

This was a really nice style!

Bill_Thompson

Excellent

Post by Bill_Thompson » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:12 pm

This is exactly the sort of skin I have been looking for. Not only did I rate it as Excellent, I am going to make it my default skin on [SPAM] and [SPAM] and also blend it into the overall look of those websites.

Good thing I have a long weekend coming up.

jwen

Post by jwen » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:45 am

wonderful work guy! love it so cool.

metoo

Invalid Archive?

Post by metoo » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:47 am

I downloaded this and tried to unzip it and get:

it appears to be an invalid archive

Had this happen with a different style recently that needed to be rezipped - can someone help again?

Thanks.

Edited to say: Please?

metoo

Post by metoo » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:13 pm

Sorry to double post, maybe someone could delete the prior post I made please?

I tried again today and was able to download it and unzip it, but when I opened it, I found a file called: .DS_Store

What is that? I've never seen that before...Can someone please tell me?

Thank you.

Gobmuffin

Post by Gobmuffin » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:00 pm

Quick question...none of my users ever get popups when they have a new PM and my general chat forum is always spammed with "[name] check your pms!". As the administrator, I am particularly embarassed to get a msn or aim from a user asking why I never answered their PM. If it was just a few members I'd suggest they check browser settings, etc. But it's all members. (I also tried to put in a custom popup window that refused to show)

My question is: do some templates block popups? If so, is there a way to unblock them or do I need to find another template instead?

Gobmuffin

Post by Gobmuffin » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:53 pm

Nevermind! I fixed the problem myself. :oops: In case anyone else is having this problem

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
overall_header.tpl

# 
#-----[ FIND ]--------------------------------------------- 
# around line 214 
<!-- BEGIN switch_enable_pm_popup -->

# 
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]--------------------------------------- 
# 
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/toggle_display.js"></script>

maddog720

Post by maddog720 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:46 pm

Not bad, does it support 2.0.19?

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Database Releases”