[2.0.21] RedSilver_C

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x styles that were in our database. The release topics are here for reference, but we no longer host or support these styles.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
25%
Good
13%
Fair
6%
Poor
6%

Total votes: 16

Louise12

Post by Louise12 »

Go into the overall_header and search for 770, then change it to 100%. You'll also need to change the logo, because it'll repeat itself.
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Okay thanks allot!
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
zomby22

Post by zomby22 »

appaloosa wrote:
appaloosa wrote:Any tips on how to edit/change the header graphic logo (i.e. "Forum") and subsitute it with one of my own?
~app

Well, ok.. I figured out how to change the header logo all by my lonesome (simply by over-writing the original image).

So my next question is, how can I make my image header hyperlink to my web site?

Can anyone help?

~app

Did anyoned answerr, I like to know too! its easy to download the zip file and then customize it to your own preference, but now how do you make it work, the admin panel only lets you upload the css file and a logo file, what what if the changes is other type of images or where do you store them ?
zomby22

Post by zomby22 »

anyoned knows how to work with .cfg files ? never heard of that extension.
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

zomby22 wrote: anyoned knows how to work with .cfg files ? never heard of that extension.

they are just text files, you can open and edit it in a text editor :)
zomby22

Post by zomby22 »

ok, thanks Karl! so I guest that if updating images, it will need to be uploaded on our own server and not at phpbb...

and then replace the /imagefile.gif with
http://www.name.com/imagefile.gif
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

zomby22 wrote: ok, thanks Karl! so I guest that if updating images, it will need to be uploaded on our own server and not at phpbb...

and then replace the /imagefile.gif with
http://www.name.com/imagefile.gif

the best thing to do with images if you are changing the existing ones is to just make the new images named the same as the ones you are replacing and then overwrite the originals with your new one, this way you do not have to go editing anything in the files :)
zomby22

Post by zomby22 »

k, i know how it's done now! ;o)

btw this redsilver theme does not yet appear on the Styles Administration
jjquilter

Post by jjquilter »

Does anyone know if this style has fixed the problems with the previous redsilver?

My two current issues are:

1. FF title/menu bar overlap
2. MODs for quick-delete of users not showing up.

I was hoping if these two are fixed that I can just install this style instead of trying to fix redsilver.

Thanks!
WebGal

Post by WebGal »

Your phpBB board URL: http://sportsmedinfo.net/forum/
Template(s) used: RedSilver_C 1.00
Any and all MODs: none
Do you use a port of phpBB: na
Version of phpBB: the newest one (I just downloaded it a couple of days ago)
Version of PHP: phpbb2
Which database server and version: ? (mysql)
Host: hostingmatters.com
Did someone install this for you/who: self
Is this an upgrade/from what to what: nope
Is this a conversion/from what to what: nope
Have you searched for your problem: yep (found something about an apache handler being an issue. ??)
If so, what terms did you try: I set permissions to 777, I verified the paths
State the nature of your problem: I want an avatar gallery and I can't get the visuals to show up
Do you have a test account for us: no but I can set one up
If so, please have it ready in case a Support Team Member asks for it.

Okay, a couple of things regarding this very snazzy template. (thank you designer)

First- I am having serious avatar issues (don't weep, it's not a 911 level crisis). I see on configuration where you set the file to go get the avatars in a gallery and where the gallery is. I have clicked the appropriate yes boxes (there are only 4 or 5). Then it says where they can be stored or you can specify I guess. I defaulted to storing them in what it says.

But they are not showing up after I upload them to>> website/root directory/images/avatars/gallery/. (I do see them when I log into the host accout) In my case it is (http://www.sportsmedinfo.net/forum/imag ... s/gallery/)

Is this a database issue? Do I need to install a MOD package of avatars? I was wanting to do some of my own in an effort to bond with my creative side.

In short, I want an avatar gallery and need to know how I can have one. I have some I've made that are quite nice, too, so I want to include those in a gallery.

Second- On my search default page, the left side of the red bar is not showing up. I can't figure out why it's showing up everywhere but the search results page.

The side bar is here and all other pages I've seen:
http://sportsmedinfo.net/forum/

But missing from search and search results pages:

http://sportsmedinfo.net/forum/search.php
tw1991

Post by tw1991 »

I have same problem, sometime the width became so long on some forum. 8O
WebGal

Post by WebGal »

I figured out why the red was not showing. My forum titles on the search page were long and the jump menu accomodated the width to the point that it overlapped the edge and covered up the red. I shortened the titles and it's fine.
WebGal

Post by WebGal »

Nice clean style.

I'm trying to change the background color of the bar between posts. I would like more definition. I've tried changing the CSS but for some reason it won't change. So I must not be changing the right thing.

Aardvark says that its

td,claaa=spaceRow

I went to spaceRow on the stylesheet and darkened the background and tried making the border a darker color. But it's not showing up. Any ideas? The posts (don't have many) sort of run together and it bugs me.
Marketing, writing, web development
seriouslycgi

im getting the same issue as a previous poster

Post by seriouslycgi »

the style isnt showing in my list of installable themes?
bellmaster4

Post by bellmaster4 »

the red doesn't really fit in with the browny colour in the background, good anyway!

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Database Releases”