AutoMOD & Styles

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
christos312

AutoMOD & Styles

Post by christos312 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:26 pm

Hello

Thats great MOD

but what if i want to install the mods in another style and not on prosilver style?

i search the settings and i cannot change the style that the mod will install

Any suggestions?

thanks
"All This Has Happened Before And It Will Happen Again.."
I am coming for all of you - President Laura Loslin!
The future begins Here!
Fear Gets You Killed, Anger Keeps You Alive! - Kara Thrace(Starbuck)

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Re: AutoMOD & Styles

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:36 pm

AutoMOD will only attempt to modify styles that are specifically mentioned by the MOD author -- usually prosilver and subsilver2. This is something that I am still evaluating. I may implement code to force template installs on other templates if there are enough requests.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

christos312

Post by christos312 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:22 am

So if i am using a different style like soul_city for example i cannot install a mod to that template!!!

Ok thanks for the update! but it would be great AytoMOD to have a dropdown menu, for example, in order to choose one of the installed styles of the forum and make the changes in the specify style...

Thanks anyway the AutoMOD is still GREAT! ;)
The future begins Here!

almsamim

Post by almsamim » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:57 am

christos312 wrote:So if i am using a different style like soul_city for example i cannot install a mod to that template!!!

Ok thanks for the update! but it would be great AytoMOD to have a dropdown menu, for example, in order to choose one of the installed styles of the forum and make the changes in the specify style...

just edit prosilver or subsilver2 to your style name in MODX file and then install it

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:30 pm

christos312 wrote:So if i am using a different style like soul_city for example i cannot install a mod to that template!!!

From my testing, if the mod author provides a modx for that style AutoMOD will install it. Since most styles are based off of prosilver or subsilver two those edits could probably be used but that is not always the case. I don't think it can be expected any mod can be installed with AutoMOD on any style if the author does not provide the instructions.

almsamim

Post by almsamim » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:59 am

christos312

Post by christos312 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:59 pm

That is great thanks ;)
The future begins Here!

maize

Post by maize » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:31 am

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:AutoMOD will only attempt to modify styles that are specifically mentioned by the MOD author -- usually prosilver and subsilver2. This is something that I am still evaluating. I may implement code to force template installs on other templates if there are enough requests.
hi
i remember easymod used to modify other styles, i kind of think whats the point of making/usung other styles if they are not modded as you would want the mod to work on all styles right?
please consider this as one more request :)
thanks for AutoMod Image

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:12 am

I remember having to rename the template being modified in the MOD install file for EasyMOD to get it to modify non-standard styles. It wasn't automatically done. Plus it would be pretty impossible to do something like this as styles won't necessarily be the same as prosilver or subsilver2. All you'll be getting is a bunch of fails most of the time.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”