Automod tab not showing up on ACP

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
fazzy98

Automod tab not showing up on ACP

Post by fazzy98 »

heres what happened:

- i had installed automod on my fresh install of phpbb3 and everything was working fine (db also was updated)
- then i messed up my php files and had to overwrite all the files and reconnect to the original db
- tried reinstalling automod again over the fresh install, but i dont get the usual install tab instead it says automod is already installed.

- when i log into my ACP i dont see any automod tab (have refreshed all templates)

how can i get the automod tab to appear in the ACP? which file do i need to check?

thanks
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Re: Automod tab not showing up on ACP

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

If you go to your administration panel, then to the System tab, then choose "Administration Control Panel" on the left menu, there should be a dropdown list that says "Add a Module". Do you see three AutoMOD modules in the list that you can add manually?
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
fazzy98

Post by fazzy98 »

attached is a screen shot of what i have on my ACP - notice no tab at the top. but module is showing.

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Are you using phpBB 3.0.5? There was a bug in prior versions of phpBB that could cause this behavior.

Also, can you double-check that the /includes/acp/acp_mods.php file is present on your site?
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
fazzy98

Post by fazzy98 »

yes using phpbb 3.0.5

also acp_mods.php listed in includes/acp

still cant figure out what the problem is.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

fazzy98 wrote:yes using phpbb 3.0.5

also acp_mods.php listed in includes/acp

still cant figure out what the problem is.
One more thing to check: if you click on "AutoMOD" in the screen you posted above, you see one more module "AutoMOD", and if you click on that, two more modules, "AutoMOD", and "AutoMOD configuration"?
A Donut's Blog
fazzy98

Post by fazzy98 »

yes thats correct. But i see a third option .MOD as well.

could it be to do with the fact that the DB was already installed with automod while the files are missing some code?

all i did was do a fresh install, change config to point to an older db, and re-run the automod install on the php files.

here is a screenshot of when i click automod EDIT.... isnt the automod tab supposed to be OUTISDE the system list? How do i fix this?

fazzy98

Post by fazzy98 »

bump - any resolution on this?

how can i troubleshoot? what is the best way to reinstall everything again? can i rollback the DB install as wel and start from scratch?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

fazzy98 wrote: here is a screenshot of when i click automod EDIT.... isnt the automod tab supposed to be OUTISDE the system list? How do i fix this?

Sorry, I missed your edit. You should be able to set the parent of the "AutoMOD" module to "no parent" in the screen you indicated with your screenshot. Note there are two modules named "AutoMOD". One "AutoMOD" module should have no parent, and the other AutoMOD module should have the first one as its parent. (hopefully that's clear)
A Donut's Blog
delvesteve
Name: Steve Delve

Post by delvesteve »

I have the same problem. The AutoMod tab doesn't show up. Did anybody find out what the cause of this might be?
zerocooly2kde

Post by zerocooly2kde »

Hi i got the same problem. I can’t see the option „AutoMOD“ in the upper menu.
Under „Permissions / Permissions roles / Admin roles / Full Admin‘ I set the option ‚Can use AutoMOD‘ from ‚no‘ to ‚yes‘ and pressed ‚submit‘. I checked again if the change was mage but the option was reset back to ‚no‘. But this only happened with the AutoMod checkbox. All the other options can be changed and are saved.
So I looked in the MySQL tables where the permission flags are set, but could not find it. I thought it wouldn’t be so hard to find since it was the only option that was disabled.
So is it possible that the filed wasn’t written into the database during the installation of AutoMod or is this saved somewhere else?

Any ideas?

Thanks
dsstrainer

Post by dsstrainer »

More of the same disappointment.. using 3.0.8.. having the same problem. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled, enabled, deleted, added back.. no luck. Even when I try to force the url to have &i=200 (which is the id of the automod) it says "General Error Module not accessible" which is less than useful.

Is there really no fix for this?
psycosheep

Post by psycosheep »

wow its now 2011 and im having the exact problem , anyone know how to get this auto mod out once its in , im about ready to explode with this auto mod script that was supposed to be easier than manually doing a mod , i will be going back to manual as soon as i can rid my site of auto mod
Leon van Heerden

Post by Leon van Heerden »

And not it is 2013 and same problem.
Tried all the above and still no tab.
Anyone with some suggestions?

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”