Automod won't finish installs

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
aleingang

Automod won't finish installs

Post by aleingang » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi,
Running an unmodded up-to-date phpBB3 board. I've been having a weird problem where Automod tells me "One or more install actions failed." because it can't "Find" one of the needed Finds even though I have no problem doing the find if I search within the problem file manually - BUT - that's not why I'm posting.
If I get to that point and try to force-install the mod with Automod - nothing happens.
Absolutely nothing happens when I click the "force install" button. I've tried it with both Firefox and Safari, I upgraded to Automod RC2, I tried in both Direct and FTP modes - nothing.

Any ideas why this might happen?

Thanks!

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Re: Automod won't finish installs

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:07 am

Do you perhaps have javascript disabled in your web browser? AutoMOD uses a javascript confirmation box with a warning about using the force install button. I'm guessing if you saw this, it would have been included in your problem description.

Alternatively, the Force Install feature was broken in RC1. You could double-check that you have the proper RC2 version of adm/style/acp_mods.html as well.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

aleingang

Post by aleingang » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:33 pm

Oops - sorry I wasn't thorough in my description. Javascript is enabled and I'm getting the Javascript warning and clicking the "OK" button and then nothing's happening.
I reinstalled all of the RC2 files in the adm/style/ directory after reading your reply just to be sure and still have the same problem.

I'm wondering if I should reinstall all of the basic phpBB3 files that I haven't edited to see if that fixes something somewhere? I've been having a problem with visual confirmation not working so maybe there's a corrupted file in there somewhere? As far as I remember the only files I've edited are are the header, footer and CSS files in prosilver.

Am I correct in think that I can go through and upload new copies of the basic phpBB html and php files without losing my board settings - are those stored in the database?

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:05 am

aleingang wrote: Am I correct in think that I can go through and upload new copies of the basic phpBB html and php files without losing my board settings - are those stored in the database?
Yes, this is correct.

One thing you might try first: use the "Purge the Board Cache" feature found on the front page of the administration panel.

The behavior you describe is exactly the behavior found in RC1, and it is possible that the phpBB cache is holding the old version still.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”