AutoMOD + phpBB 3.0.6

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
SoonDead
Name: Márton Vincze

AutoMOD + phpBB 3.0.6

Post by SoonDead »

Is automod compatible with 3.0.6 or should I wait for the next version?
Briani

Re: AutoMOD + phpBB 3.0.6

Post by Briani »

Isn't compatible yet, wait for RC3 or Gold ;)
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

AutoMOD 1.0.0-RC2 is compatible with phpBB 3.0.6 as far as I'm aware. Briani, if you know of any issues, I'd appreciate a report of some sort.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Briani

Post by Briani »

I dont want to try, dont have a test server ;), But i still recommend to wait for RC3 because Automod doesn't support MODX 1.2.3 yet.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Briani wrote:I dont want to try, dont have a test server ;), But i still recommend to wait for RC3 because Automod doesn't support MODX 1.2.3 yet.
Then how do you know its not compatible?

And AutoMOD will install MODX 1.2.3 MODs as though they were 1.2.2 MODs. It does not (obviously) take advantage of the new stuff in MODX 1.2.3 yet.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Briani

Post by Briani »

Board3 portal gives a big error ;)
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

Than it *might* be worth to provide the actual error (file a bug report) so Josh can have a look at it and determine whether its an AutoMOD issue ;). Just saying there is a bug doesn't help a lot.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)
Briani

Post by Briani »

It just won't install... it says there are errors in file edits.

Edit: Board3 Portal isn't updated for 3.0.6 :o
Cobolt

Post by Cobolt »

Could of course be my fault...

I get so far as uploading the automod, no probs there, but when I´m trying to browse the install dir with my web browser, I can login, but it cant find next page... :?
Impossible isn´t a fact, it´s an opinion!
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Cobolt wrote:Could of course be my fault...

I get so far as uploading the automod, no probs there, but when I´m trying to browse the install dir with my web browser, I can login, but it cant find next page... :?
I don't think I understand the problem.

The last thing you see is the login screen, then a "Page Not Found" error? What is the URL displayed in your web browser when you get the page not found?
A Donut's Blog
Cobolt

Post by Cobolt »

Unfortunatley I did a rollback to my backup forum and I didn´t keep the modified forum.

my history is a bit inconclusive, the page trying to load was eiter a
/index.php?sid=(And then a long hash like chunk of alfanumeric characters in ONE group)
or a
adm/index.php?sid=(and then a long hash like chunk of alfanumeric characters in ONE group)
Impossible isn´t a fact, it´s an opinion!
Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess »

Cobolt wrote:Could of course be my fault...

I got the same problem.
I used the upgrade tool to update to 3.0.6. Then used STK to remove all database alterations, and uploaded a complete new 3.0.6 installation. To start from fresh on the test board.

AutoMOD is the first modification on the new install. After moving over all the files I try to browse to the install directory. It asks for login/pass and then gives me this message:
Please delete, move or rename the install directory before you use your board. If this directory is still present, only the Administration Control Panel (ACP) will be accessible.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Mess wrote:
Please delete, move or rename the install directory before you use your board. If this directory is still present, only the Administration Control Panel (ACP) will be accessible.
Do you get this message on the main board index or at the AutoMOD installer? It is normal to get it on the main index page after logging in. After logging in, you may have to return to /install/ manually.
A Donut's Blog
Samanthavv

Post by Samanthavv »

I have the same thing happening to me!

And it shows up whenever you try to go to the install page.

I go to the install page, it asks me to login, then takes me to that error.
I am a BIRTH DOULA.
I use CLOTH DIAPERS.
My son is exclusively BREASTFED.
I have donated my MILK to 8 other babies in need.
I keep a BLOG at http://www.anotherteenmom.com
Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:
Mess wrote:
Do you get this message on the main board index or at the AutoMOD installer? It is normal to get it on the main index page after logging in. After logging in, you may have to return to /install/ manually.
Is when trying to access /install. First it asks for password, then it tells me I need to delete the directory I want to access. :P

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”