AutoMOD + phpBB 3.0.6

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Re: AutoMOD + phpBB 3.0.6

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

silverstorm wrote:
silverstorm wrote:
A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:I'm really not sure what might be causing this problem.

Just something you might try. Go to http://www.you.com/phpBB3/install/. When you get the login screen, sign in to your board. Then, when you get the error message, go back to http://www.you.com/phpBB3/install/ by hand to see what happens.
i have the similar problem.
I install this phpbb in my PC using wamp as webserver for my local network.

the step i've been done:
1. fresh install phpbb3.0.6, copy file automod 1.0.0 Rc2 to phpbb3 directory
2. login as admin in phpbb, then type phpBB3/install/
3. it asked for another login, so i log again as admin.
4. after that, the page redirected to my home page (which is not phpbb, i use wordpress as main page)
5. i try manual type phpBB3/install/, the login page is showing up again (just like step 3)
6. i try again login as admin, and the page redirected again to home page (just like step 4)
7. if i try step 5 again.....i will surely running in circle

seems like i can't get through the login page.
what's wrong?
i have solved the problem......!
well.....not actually solved....but rather ELIMINATE the problem :D.

just edit index.php in install folder and remove or disable the login box command, so the installer does not ask for login if we access http://www.you.com/phpBB3/install/

the login box is in these line:

Code: Select all

if ($user->data['user_type'] != USER_FOUNDER)
{
    if ($user->data['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS)
    {
        login_box('');
    }

trigger_error('NOT_AUTHORISED');
}
just delete them all......and you can directly install automod without login.

risky move, yes....if we delete those line anybody can access the installation process..
but i think not really a problem, cause the install folder will be removed once the process has been done.

i hope this will help those who can't wait to install automod in phpbb3.0.6 :D
Indeed, this would be a fair temporary work-around.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
sml

Post by sml »

I've had this problem, too.

After login, I've been redirected to the incorrect address:
http://<my domen>/install/index.php?sid=<some long hex number>
which should actually have been
http://<my domen>/forum/install/index.php

(if that helps: 'forum' is a virtual directory, physically there isn't directory with such name on the disk).

If I manually typed http://<my domain>/install/
I was redirected to the login page over and over again.

My solution was to copy sid from the erroneuous address and paste it into the right one:
http://<my domen>/forum/install/index.php?sid=<the long hex number from the first address>
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
HereToys

Post by HereToys »

General Error: Language file ../language/en_us/acp/mods.php couldn't be opened.

I encounter this problem when i access to my site www.sitename.com/install
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

HereToys wrote:General Error: Language file ../language/en_us/acp/mods.php couldn't be opened.

I encounter this problem when i access to my site http://www.sitename.com/install
AutoMOD does not come with a US English language pack. To resolve this error, simply copy the files autoMOD provides in its /languages/en/ folder to the language/en_us/ folder on your server.
A Donut's Blog
mfrankena

Post by mfrankena »

i encountered the same problem. (FF)
After login in you get the install dir error form phpbb, and see the index.php with the hash nr behind it.

just remove the entire line after the / ,starting at: index.php....... till the end and replace with install/
that worked fine for me. straight into automod install. No problem at all ;-)
Regards,
Martin

Sites: BF2CC Admin // 2142CC Admin // M.B.T. Admin // Homepage
pbratton2

Post by pbratton2 »

After the install I get this error when I use the AutoMod tab:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_mods.php on line 1118: opendir(./../store/mods) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_mods.php on line 1119: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_mods.php on line 1164: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

pbratton2 wrote:After the install I get this error when I use the AutoMod tab:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_mods.php on line 1118: opendir(./../store/mods) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_mods.php on line 1119: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_mods.php on line 1164: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Some users have this problem because their FTP client did not create the directory when initially uploading AutoMOD. This error can be resolved by creating the /store/mods/ directory on your server.
A Donut's Blog
thomamon

Post by thomamon »

OK, So I decided to update to phpBB 3.0.6 today, but I already had AutoMOD installed(Not sure which version).

Well, everything went smoothly and it seems everything is still working. (I hate not tried to install anything with automod)

How can I check which version of Automod I am using and should I try to update it now?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

thomamon wrote:How can I check which version of Automod I am using and should I try to update it now?
I would be nice if on the Automod pages (configuration) it stated the version...or did a version check as UMIL does.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
zendor2

Post by zendor2 »

i tested it in some numberof mods and it works fine with me!
gingerbeet

Post by gingerbeet »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:
pbratton2 wrote:After the install I get this error when I use the AutoMod tab:

Some users have this problem because their FTP client did not create the directory when initially uploading AutoMOD. This error can be resolved by creating the /store/mods/ directory on your server.
I'm getting this error also, have cleared cookies and have a directory created:

"/public_html/forum/phpBB/store/mods"

with a single file in there, 'index.htm'

Any other suggestions please? :)
serhij

Post by serhij »

Hi to all here.
I would like to share feedback for automod_1.0.0-rc2
I am having a local test copy of live phpBB 3.0.6 which upgraded from many previous versions.
I were facing the issue when I was redirected from http://localhost/forum/install to wrong folder after authentication. The solution listed below helps me to install automod_1.0.0-rc2:
silverstorm wrote: just edit index.php in install folder and remove or disable the login box command,...
the login box is in these line:

Code: Select all

if ($user->data['user_type'] != USER_FOUNDER)
{
    if ($user->data['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS)
    {
        login_box('');
    }

trigger_error('NOT_AUTHORISED');
}
I was thinking that mine local environment MAMP is miss configured so I runs 2 tests
1. I have replaced all files (excl. config.php) in test phpbb with new ones and use with old database. The same error was in place in this case.
2. Installed absolutely fresh copy of phpbb and automod installed there without this error.
The only database was differ in case 1 and 2. So the error goose from configuration.
Sajaki

Post by Sajaki »

for phpbb 3.06, i've had no issues with the latest automod from svn, did you try that one ?
serhij

Post by serhij »

Nope. I've downloaded Automod from here http://www.phpbb.com/mods/automod/

Version: 1.0.0 RC 2
Released: 2009-06-24

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”