Automod installed, no mods showing up

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
usdachoice

Automod installed, no mods showing up

Post by usdachoice » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:38 am

I'm very new to automod but after 2 days of tinkering I got automod installed (had wrong files). Well now that its installed, I upload a mod in .zip and I get MOD uploaded and prepared for installation. Return to AutoMOD. Now when I click Return to AutoMOD there is no mod listed. I have also tried manuly placing the mod inside the folder store/mods/mymod but still no nothing. I tried to search the forums but did not find anything. I have checked my Permissions and they are File Permissions: 0644 and Directory Permissions: 0755 but according to the test below it states that This setting has no impact on Windows systems.

So, what have I done wrong?

femu

Re: Automod installed, no mods showing up

Post by femu » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Did you placed the ZIP in yourboard/store/mods?

I never tested, if Automod works with zipped files. In "worst" case you need to unzip it first, create a subfolder in above folder (ie my_mod) and upload the unzipped files and directories into that folder.
Regards, femu

usdachoice

Post by usdachoice » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:05 pm

Yes I did. Also just for laughs I tried placing the zip inside the store folder but to no avail. I have also tried to unzip them, place inside store/mods/mymod/ but still nothing. Place them inside store/mods/ but same exact thing.

Now as far as zip goes. Under AutoMOD config it has 3 options for write method. Direct, FTP, and Compressed File Download. Now I am running it off my computer so I haven't used FTP but the other two have the same problem. But the Direct and Compressed File Download both require me to use a ZIP file. I have tried other file formats but it gives "The extension (everything but zip) is not allowed."

rAdic

Post by rAdic » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:12 am

I'm having the exact same problem. I have made the Prosilver the default style in case it was a style thing but that didn't work. I have tried all methods including FTP, direct and Compressed File Download. I have even manually changed the /store/mod directory to 777 but that didn't work either.

I wonder if this is a Hostgator issue, are you using Hostgator?

Ialso should mention I'm using the latest PhpBB version and the Automod (just downloaded & installed them before). I'm only trying to install one mod, that is the SEO mod listed as compatible for the Automod.
The Australian Forums - Australia Discussion Forum - Discuss Australia topics or generally anything

femu

Post by femu » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:19 am

usdachoice wrote:Yes I did. Also just for laughs I tried placing the zip inside the store folder but to no avail. I have also tried to unzip them, place inside store/mods/mymod/ but still nothing. Place them inside store/mods/ but same exact thing.

Now as far as zip goes. Under AutoMOD config it has 3 options for write method. Direct, FTP, and Compressed File Download. Now I am running it off my computer so I haven't used FTP but the other two have the same problem. But the Direct and Compressed File Download both require me to use a ZIP file. I have tried other file formats but it gives "The extension (everything but zip) is not allowed."
Hmmm ... On my local xampp installation I use Direct and ZIP, but I UNZIP the archive in the store/mods folder into a subdirectory. This works fine for me. I think using ZIP has nothing to do with the form a mod should exists in the store/mods folder. But I'm not sure - just thinking :shock:
Regards, femu

rAdic

Post by rAdic » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:00 am

femu wrote: I think using ZIP has nothing to do with the form a mod should exists in the store/mods folder. But I'm not sure - just thinking :shock:

Yes that is right, when I used the upload zip file process it then unzips the mod into the "store/mods/" folder

The problem is nothing shows up in "Uninstalled MODs" area so nothing can be installed as it's not seeing it!
The Australian Forums - Australia Discussion Forum - Discuss Australia topics or generally anything

rAdic

Post by rAdic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 am

I'm going to try a full clean install and not update package, see if that fixes it....

rAdic

Post by rAdic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:10 am

Ok, it seems the SEO mod is not compatible for the latest PHPBB version. So Ijust downloaded a mod that is meant to be called "Topic Preview" and I uploaded that in the Admin automod panel in PHPBB. It actually showed up as well. I was then asked to confirm My FTP details again which I thought was a bit strange as the mod was meantto be alreay uploaded. So I did and then proceeded. I was then presented with a message saying something about some external files had to be edited or something so I clicked that link. I was then taken to a page called "root/install_topic_preview.php" which gave me the following error:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /install_topic_preview.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.(MYDOMAIN).com Port 80

rAdic

Post by rAdic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:14 am

I now see this error is for any pag on my site, I can now not access any page as I get the error I wrote above!

rAdic

Post by rAdic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 am

Ok, lucky I had made a backup of my forum before I done the clean install so I just reverted to that. Now it's back up but that last mod I tried to install completly crashed my website. I now see at the end of the mod thread that it's locked as there are problems with it. It's too bad that bad mods are still displayed in compatible Automod mods. Shouldn't they be highlighted to warn of things like this.

shaykana

Post by shaykana » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Had the same problem and found this simple remedy.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10812635

It works.

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”