on 3.0.8 AutoMOD segfaults server since 3.0.9 was released

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
dangerousprototypes

on 3.0.8 AutoMOD segfaults server since 3.0.9 was released

Post by dangerousprototypes » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:35 am

We've never had a problem with AutoMOD, and use it a lot to test our own Spam filter mod.

Since 3.0.9 was released though, every time I click on the automod tab in ACP the server segfaults. Please note: this is still a 3.0.8 phpbb. I was preparing to update by checking the MODs installed when this happened. Everything else in the ACP works, forum works fine.

I successfully upgraded to the latest version AUtomod, but the problem persists.

Plugins installed include - mark unread, spam hammer, smartfeed.

Is it possible automod is fetching a version string for something and parsing it in a way that is causing issues?

I'm probably going to start from scratch with a new v3.0.9 on a local computer and load it up with the on-line stuff and swap them out. Not sure what else to do.
Please do not PM or mail with questions. Ask in the forum where everyone can share the answer.

LiquidSpark

Re: on 3.0.8 AutoMOD segfaults server since 3.0.9 was releas

Post by LiquidSpark » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:49 pm

I just upgraded to phpBB 3.0.9 and installed AutoMOD 1.0.0.1. When I upload a .zip file, I get logged out of the forum. When I log back in and click on the AutoMOD tab in the ACP, the page cannot be found.

This is the error I get when going to the AutoMOD tab when a file is in the store/mods directory:
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.(I'm_omitting_my_address).com/(blahblah_path-to-forum)/adm/index.php?i=mods&sid=c082014eeb7a2a3676030c3cad31020f&mode=frontend” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again.

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”