Few Automod Questions

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
complexxLT

Few Automod Questions

Post by complexxLT » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Few things are not clear to me, I'd be glad if someone could explain them.

1) When applying mod from default style to another style via automod, after applying file changes it says "The MOD requires an external installer to finish installation. Click here to continue to that step." do I need to perform this step? Or it is only required on the initial mod installation?

2) Is it possible to update via automod when new version of installed mod is released?

3) I applied mod to another style, later deleted that style from Styles under ACP and also deleted the Style files from server. Uploaded fresh style files withoud mod installed, installed the style via ACP, tried to apply mod to it and got message that mod is already installed for that style, how to get it to install again because in reality it is not installed?

4) How do I remove a mod from specific style?
Last edited by complexxLT on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doktornotor

Re: Few Automod Questions

Post by doktornotor » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:57 pm

1/ No, you run it only once. Report this as bug.
2/ No, not in any reasonable way, plus it makes automated uninstall impossible due to a serious ordering bug with updates uninstall.
3/ File a bug about bad design.
4/ Not possible with automod.
Support requests via PM go straight to /dev/null!

complexxLT

Re: Few Automod Questions

Post by complexxLT » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks for fast reply!

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”