I botched a mod install.

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
Exxeter

I botched a mod install.

Post by Exxeter » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:29 am

I botched a mod install, using automod. The preferred method did not work on my server, probably because the install directory and all in them never got to the server. When I try to "uninstall", I get a message that some of the uninstall thangs could not be done and am presented with a list of files that appear to indicate the changes were never made. If I try to reinstall, it fails because automod shows the mod as installed. I hesitate to use the force uninstall choice as I am uncertain what it does.

I discovered that the direct method works fine on my server and have used it to successfully install other mods. So how do I get rid of the one that got botched, so I can install it agin?

TIA
The crazed curator of: http://flightsimulationforums.com

Elias
Name: Elias

Re: I botched a mod install.

Post by Elias » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:24 am

The best way would be to open the install file of your MOD and manually edit all the your board's files that were edited, modifying everything back to how it was.

Thanks
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

Exxeter

Post by Exxeter » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:53 pm

From what I can see, the files were never modified because the install file never made it to the site. This is born out by the fact that when the message came up that the mod required to tum its installer and I clicked on the link, I got a 404 error. Maybe the right question is, "how do I convince automod, that the mod was never installed".

When I try to uninstall, I see this type of thing.

Replace With
}

// Unloading cache and closing db after having done the dirty work.
unlock_cron();
garbage_collection();

The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

Exxeter

Post by Exxeter » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:06 am

Elias wrote:The best way would be to open the install file of your MOD and manually edit all the your board's files that were edited, modifying everything back to how it was.

Thanks
This may be to no avail, but that doesn't address the fact that automod "thinks" the mod is installed, when it isn't. The database modification worked and no error was reported. When the message that running the mod's installer was required, is when the trouble started, because when I clicked on the link, there was no script to run because it hadn't been copied to the root directory.

So, it appears I'm now forced to do the one thing I sought to avoid and installed automod for, in the firstplace...do the whole thing by hand, one file at a time.

Sorry if I sound angry. I blame myself for using automod, untested, to install a mod I regard as critical.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 am

Exxeter wrote:but that doesn't address the fact that automod "thinks" the mod is installed, when it isn't.
Access the database in phpMyAdmin (or whatever database management tool is provided by your host), go to the phpbb_mods table (assuming your table prefix is phpbb_), find the entry for the MOD you want to "uninstall", and delete that row. AutoMOD will then show it as being uninstalled.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”