Reinstalling a MODX Post-Move

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
Noah Ivaldi

Reinstalling a MODX Post-Move

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:11 am

I'm at seinvocc.com/forum

Long explanation short: Blah horribly hacked, Harrison is terrible, grr, argh, blah blah had to move my site, Harrison is terrible, yap yap research, StableHost yay rant, dribble site successfully moved, Harrison is terrible.
Now, though, because the backup was imported directly, my forum's AutoMOD that I just freshly re-installed thinks that phpBB mChat is still on my forum, but I know better. I downloaded the newest version of mChat and put it in AutoMOD, then tried to install it. Silly me, right? AutoMOD insisted that there was no sense running the installation because the mChat MODX is already there. -_- Okay, fine. I tried to just tell AutoMOD to uninstall mChat, thinking that it would see the lack of files and say, "Oh, psh, then I'll just clean up and resynch so that it's all gone." Nope. It showed me all the tables that were missing, preventing it from uninstalling. Hence, I have an inactive, presumably functional, new mChat waiting for me in /store/mods, but the broken remnants of an older version sitting in AutoMOD's way.

Now, I could make a bunch of guesses at exactly what the problem is, but you probably knew exactly what I needed to do halfway through this post. In terms that could be understood by a potato (i.e. my brain in technical matters), what am I to do?

Oh, right. I didn't have any other MODXs installed, so it's just this that needs fixing, and then I'll probably be able to AutoMOD anything else that I will be tossing in now that I have full access to my files and whatnot.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Reinstalling a MODX Post-Move

Post by Brf » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Noah Ivaldi wrote:site successfully moved,
What exactly does this mean? What exactly did you do to move your site?
If you follow the instructions in [kb]transferring-your-board-to-a-new-host-or-domain[/kb] and move both your files and database, then all of your mods would have been moved too.

Noah Ivaldi

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:26 pm

That was in the "blah blah" parts. FTP access was hacked, I never had control panel access with the host because the account owner is a terrible person whom refused to mark me as a co-owner of the account or otherwise give me any sort of access/support in anything, so on and so forth. When my board was hacked, even all the local backups, including the one that I had just made, were corrupted, and the styles data was deleted so that I couldn't even access the ACP. Thankfully, whenever I make a new backup, I save it to my comp, too. Hence, I took that backup with me to a new host after registering my own domain. I handed it to a senior admin at StableHost (Mau T., the guy whom I swear doesn't even sleep because he's just too awesome), and he had it restored. Oddly, the login table was missing, though it wasn't when Lumpy took it and uploaded it to a temporary site to check it out. Weird, right? I made a backup at the temporary site and took that over the same way, and it worked. Yay.

So, no, I didn't follow those instructions because I couldn't. I did what was available. Now that the shoulda'/coulda'/woulda' is done, what can I do about what I currently have?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:41 pm

you could do the mchat MOD manually. it would not show up in the automod tab but so what?

there aren't that many edits for the mchat MOD. there are several files to upload and then a database install script to run.

that should solve your mchat problems.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Noah Ivaldi

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Good point. I thought of that, too, but wasn't sure if it'd be a good idea. The way that you put it, though, makes it sound pretty sensible. In that case, I'd just do the same thing as AutoMOD, right? Drag and drop the folders, go to seinvocc.com/install, tell it to go, then go back and delete the /install directory?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Noah Ivaldi wrote:Good point. I thought of that, too, but wasn't sure if it'd be a good idea. The way that you put it, though, makes it sound pretty sensible. In that case, I'd just do the same thing as AutoMOD, right? Drag and drop the folders, go to seinvocc.com/install, tell it to go, then go back and delete the /install directory?
not quite, there is no install folder. there is an install file named mchat_install.php
when you upload all the included mchat files, it will be uploaded to the board root.
you can access it by going to it in your browser; yourdomain.com/yourphpbb/mchat_install.php
follow it's instructions and then delete it.
now, test to see if just doing that has fixed it.
if so, your good to go.
if not,

then you can go back and open the install.xml file and follow the instructions.

you may find some or all of the edits already done. but you won't know until you check the files.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:13 pm

Noah Ivaldi wrote: I did what was available. Now that the shoulda'/coulda'/woulda' is done, what can I do about what I currently have?
That still does not answer my question of what exactly you moved -- whether you moved files or database or what.

Noah Ivaldi

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 pm

@Lumpy: Aw, man. This got worse. I started to do what you said, but the mchat_install.php page told me that my UMIL was outdated. So, moved the UMIL folder over and told it to overwrite everything again. Still, it said that it was outdated. I went to the UMIL page in the mods list of phpBB, and it told me that all that I had to do . . . was move the UMIL folder over from the package that I downloaded. It's cyclical. As always, I'm in over my head. What do I do, now?

@Brf: If I could only make a backup in the forum's ACP, doesn't that pretty clearly indicate that it's a database dump? o.O I lost all the files, clearly, as indicated by the lack of mChat.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:48 pm

I was thinking the Support Toolkit database cleaner should probably clean out the missing mod. Then you should be able to reinstall it.

Noah Ivaldi

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:59 pm

Okay, I'll try it. I downloaded the zipped archive and didn't see much in the way of installation instructions. Is it really just a matter of putting the /stk directory in my root directory?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 am

just ignore that warning about the umil being out of date and click the continue button. it really doesn't matter.

robert

Noah Ivaldi

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 am

All right. I did, and it uninstalled. Then, I did it again to re-install it, and it said that it was successful. It even has the mChat permissions added again. However, it's still not coming up on the index page, there's no button to open it up as its own tab, and I'm getting this error when I try to go to the .MODS tab in the ACP:

[border]SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'seinvocc_phpb754.MCHAT_CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM MCHAT_CONFIG_TABLE

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_mchat.php
LINE: 159
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_mchat.php
LINE: 36
CALL: acp_mchat->configuration()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_mchat->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()[/border]

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:03 am

ok, now open the install.xml file and follow the instrutions on making the file edits and also be sure to upload all the mchat files.

that error means that the changes to the constants.php file have not been made. running the install file only does the database updates, not the file edits.

you could try with automod again just to see if it will work. if not, then do the edits manually .

robert

Noah Ivaldi

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 am

This isn't working. I don't know how to edit the files (or am not doing it right; take your pick or both), so I need to use AutoMOD. This again brings me to the fact that, no matter what I do, AutoMOD is certain that I already have it installed. So, this brings us back to STK, right?
In that case, again, is the installation a simple matter of putting the /stk directory in my /forum directory? After that, maybe I'll be able to figure out how to tell it to clear out any traces of mChat so that I can start over. Probably not, though, heh.

Noah Ivaldi

Post by Noah Ivaldi » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:15 am

Okay, I did so, ran it, and things seem to be okay. I reinstalled AutoMOD, but, at seinvocc.com/forum/install, I got this error message during the installation:

Adding acp module: ACP_CAT_MODS
ERROR: Module already exists.

Adding acp module: ACP_MODS

Adding acp module: ACP_AUTOMOD

Adding acp module: ACP_AUTOMOD_CONFIG

As far as I'm guessing, it's just a matter of STK not cleaning those parts out for some reason when it scrapped the rest of AutoMOD, so the rest just fell into place, and everything should be fine, now. I do have the AutoMOD tab in my ACP again, and it loads up, so I would guess that everything is fine, but the page told me to report the problem to the mod author, so I figured that I ought to bring this here just in case I'm missing something.

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”